• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where I am fond of the latter portion of your sentence Mamba, I really don't care for the first part at all!

WTF! :noidea:

Take some time to hang with your bros!

:suds:

As you know, some of us have been chatting together about PAC football for awhile now and your attendance is required!!
How have you been vitamike I'm amped up for kickoff vs Bama. I think that game will be a lot closer than people may think. While everyone is talking about coaching, 1st year Qb's Bamas Defense,USC's WR's etc... I think a key element is being forgotten. I can see Adoree Jackson playing a big role in the outcome. It seems everyone is talking about his skill at CB.And forgetting he's as explosive as it gets on special teams and slotted at WR. I can see him playing a major role in the flow of thew offense. As well as field position. Which could also open lanes for Ronald jones , space for Juju to work and the SC playbook.While giving some comfort to either Brown or Darnold

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AC will be the hottest ticket in the state.
Both your teams are on the upswing, imagine if that game is for the North Title?

Sort of like last year when the Trojans and Bruins took the field. I went to that game and it was way cool, even though the Bruins lost!

I hate to admit it, but Trojan fans are pretty cool peeps.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wouldn't expect to hear anyone saying cougs are cool when the AC is in their home. :lol:

They hate us pretty hard. Mix that with the drank they get on at home and it's kind of ugly.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since @clarkson23devils can't stay on topic in his thread devoted to his piece of shit status, I'll move it here where that sort of talk belongs.

All of us up here have been saying we aren't buying into the UW hype until we see it.

A 7-6 team from last year with still more underclassmen in key rolls than upper is suddenly the sexy pick as a dark horse playoff team. That's a hell of a leap. Mostly due to their conference leading defense still being largely in tact, the perception of the progression of both Browning and Gaskin, but mostly the media gives a lot of x-factor credit to Petersen due to what he did at BSU and I'm still not buying into his status as that elite of a power coach until he shows he can do it at this level as well.

There's a progression in teams on the rise and to reach the sort of levels some media pundits are predicting they would have to jump several in one big step. Possible sure, but it is still a tall order. I remember the James' teams of the early-mid 80's where they were dangerous and decent season records, but always seemed to struggle with games they were underdogs and/or big stage games. UW has learned how to play hard and hold games they should win, but even then have lost a couple they shouldn't, and now we are to expect they will suddenly do what they haven't done in a decade and beat high level teams both at home and on the road.

UW has a soft as hell schedule with their light OOC, but then jump both feet in the fire with Stanford and Oregon early. Win both of those and I'll believe the hype. Win one of those and I'll give credit for the forward progress. There really is no point in giving them any kind of credit until one of those two things happens.

The SC game is way too far down the road to even contemplate, more or less the match up most people seem to believe will have real meaning this year in the apple cup. I'd be happy to break down those match ups when we know a bit more about what kind of team this really is. Until then they are a mid level Pac team with a solid defense that has potential. Nothing more.
Apologies I just read this now. I put you on iggy after you disrupted the USC/Alabam thread. But I'm glad you want to talk football. I do agree Washington's schedule is weak and that may give them the look of a sexy dark horse team. However there are several variables that make it A little too hard for me to buy into the hype just yet. The strongest portion of their schedule is Satnford and Oregon back to back.

But that also depends on the big picture. The huskies play Stanford following Stanford/UCLA. If UCLA beats Stanford which is possible. Stanford will be coming into the Washington game with a chip on their shoulders. And should they defeat UCLA. While Washington does have a solid defense. Im still not sure they can contain McCaffery or keep up with Stanford. Stanford has a very difficult schedule which makes them that much more dangerous. Every game will hold significant importance for them to have a chance at a play off spot or the PAC. And until proven otherwise the PAC is still Stanfords to lose. Their offense is built a lot different than the majority of PAC teams. Including several power packages on offense.

Oregon plays Washington after WSU who has the potential to defeat the Ducks again. Which could also have Oregon going into Washington with something to prove. While the Ducks have lost Adams they also reloaded at QB and have more depth at QB than people are giving them credit for. They also still possess a lot of speed. As well as a potential heisman candidate at RB in Freeman. When you add in that the Ducks are flying under the radar this season which makes them a little more dangerous. The fact that they will be set on continuing their streak especially with the rivalry. And Washington coming off a physical game with Stabford. Its very possible Washington drops both games.

The SC game will be different. SC is going to want to come out and avenge the upset loss from last season. Like Stanford they have an extremely tough schedule and every game is of high importance. They may be a young team but they are a highly skilled team. If their Defense comes through this season they will be a very dangerous team. I don't see A repeat of last season when this game rolls around. SC needs the game and has a lot to prove.

WSU is another dangerous game on Udubs schedule. The combination of a the rivalry and WSU's offensive skills. Have trap game written all over it. While Washington may appear to be the "sexy" choice as a dark horse. I don't see them winning the PAC. I see them having a solid season. But maxing out as a 3-4 loss team with a solid bowl game.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone else in the Pac that we face has a tougher schedule that makes them more likely to beat us? :scratch:

UW's OOC is flat out hot garbage. We all agree. But in conference is in conference. I really don't see them dropping ALL of the Stanford, Oregon, USC, WSU games. I don't see them losing more than two and it could be just one of those 4.

I just don't like to predict things that far out. I'll put my neck on the line on any given game week where we know the injury/health status for that game. Going farther than one game out is futile with as many injuries as pile up on most teams throughout the year.

UW is fortunate to get Stanford and Oregon while they are still early in the conference schedule. Our QB is in year two and both of theirs will be in year one. That holds merit. Doesn't ensure anything, but it matters. Add that UW seems to normally play Stanford tough and that game is at home and I'm not going to just hand them a W as some seem so willing to do.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So everyone else in the Pac that we face has a tougher schedule that makes them more likely to beat us? :scratch:

UW's OOC is flat out hot garbage. We all agree. But in conference is in conference. I really don't see them dropping ALL of the Stanford, Oregon, USC, WSU games. I don't see them losing more than two and it could be just one of those 4.

I just don't like to predict things that far out. I'll put my neck on the line on any given game week where we know the injury/health status for that game. Going farther than one game out is futile with as many injuries as pile up on most teams throughout the year.

UW is fortunate to get Stanford and Oregon while they are still early in the conference schedule. Our QB is in year two and both of theirs will be in year one. That holds merit. Doesn't ensure anything, but it matters. Add that UW seems to normally play Stanford tough and that game is at home and I'm not going to just hand them a W as some seem so willing to do.

I already know they are home games I don't see that factoring in.When you break down each teams schedules. And factor in all the dynamics I listed. I could very easily see Udubs dropping 3-4 of those games. They have potential however I'm not sold on Washington. IMO Stanford or Oregon win the PAC

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I wouldn't expect to hear anyone saying cougs are cool when the AC is in their home. :lol:

They hate us pretty hard. Mix that with the drank they get on at home and it's kind of ugly.

It's an afternoon start time, with no students there it's going to very hard to have it rowdy. I don't know about you but it very hard to me to make that drive then get trashed right after, I'll want to take a nap at kickoff.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How have you been vitamike I'm amped up for kickoff vs Bama. I think that game will be a lot closer than people may think. While everyone is talking about coaching, 1st year Qb's Bamas Defense,USC's WR's etc... I think a key element is being forgotten. I can see Adoree Jackson playing a big role in the outcome. It seems everyone is talking about his skill at CB.And forgetting he's as explosive as it gets on special teams and slotted at WR. I can see him playing a major role in the flow of thew offense. As well as field position. Which could also open lanes for Ronald jones , space for Juju to work and the SC playbook.While giving some comfort to either Brown or Darnold
Things are going well, thanks clarkson!

For you and a few others, I hope you guys beat the National Champs but I just don't see it. Maybe if you caught them later in the season, like you will vs ND.

A lot of it will depend on two things in my opinion, can JuJu keep the chains moving and will your defense hold up down the stretch.

It should be a low scoring game, and to stay in it of course, you will need to keep them in 3rd and long situations. You do that and it's anyone's game late.

Of course you wont be the only PAC team traveling to play an SEC team this year.

The Bruins are going all the way to SEC territory and playing at College Station for their opener.

Actually this seasons slate of openers may be one of the very best season slate of open season games I can ever remember!

Just for the PAC we've got...

Friday 9/2

• Kansas State @ Stanford
Saturday 9/3
  • UCLA @ Texas A&M
  • USC VS Alabama @ JerryWorld
  • Colorado @ Colorado St.
  • BYU @ Arizona
  • Rutgers @ Washington
  • Oregon St. @ Minnesota
Other FBS games for Week 1 on Saturday 9/3
  • Oklahoma vs Houston
  • LSU vs Wisky
  • N Carolina vs Georgia
  • Clemson @ Auburn
  • BC @ Georgia Tech
  • Missouri @ West Virginia
FBS games on Sunday 9/4
  • ND @Texas
Even Labor Day 9/5, We have ....
  • Ole Miss @ Florida St.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an afternoon start time, with no students there it's going to very hard to have it rowdy. I don't know about you but it very hard to me to make that drive then get trashed right after, I'll want to take a nap at kickoff.
I call BS.

There are no cougs I've ever met that aren't pro drinkers to the point where they can be drunk at any hour for any real reason.

No way.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I call BS.

There are no cougs I've ever met that aren't pro drinkers to the point where they can be drunk at any hour for any real reason.

No way.

Dude, a 5 plus hour drive there, getting drunk, watching the AC, driving 5 plus more hours...let alone a those 12 hours in the car about 4 will be through the most speed trapped cities in the state. Will be a long ass day. Night game ok, get a hotel but an afternoon game especially after getting drunk on Thanksgiving to tolerate your in laws....just stupid on the Pac 12's. Wish we would've just accepted the AC being held at CenturyLink every afternoon after Thanksgiving.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, a 5 plus hour drive there, getting drunk, watching the AC, driving 5 plus more hours...let alone a those 12 hours in the car about 4 will be through the most speed trapped cities in the state. Will be a long ass day. Night game ok, get a hotel but an afternoon game especially after getting drunk on Thanksgiving to tolerate your in laws....just stupid on the Pac 12's. Wish we would've just accepted the AC being held at CenturyLink every afternoon after Thanksgiving.
The times I've gone there we had a charter bus and drank the whole way there. Really not hard to be tossed before game time. Just saying.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The times I've gone there we had a charter bus and drank the whole way there. Really not hard to be tossed before game time. Just saying.

Ya, but until what 4 or 5 years ago they never played the games in Pullman after the students were let out or at noon. If I had an RV ok, but I don't and hotels are way to expensive during the AC. I'll still go but I'm not going to pretend to be 21 anymore which is the best part of the AC. Get trashed and piss on Huskies, then resume real life and your friends that are Mutts.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, but until what 4 or 5 years ago they never played the games in Pullman after the students were let out or at noon. If I had an RV ok, but I don't and hotels are way to expensive during the AC. I'll still go but I'm not going to pretend to be 21 anymore which is the best part of the AC. Get trashed and piss on Huskies, then resume real life and your friends that are Mutts.
You are for sure going to need a drink or 5 after the game if Petersen does what he's been doing to Leach since he got here.

I'll drink to that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are for sure going to need a drink or 5 after the game if Petersen does what he's been doing to Leach since he got here.

I'll drink to that.

2 wins? Big woop. Don James dominated us for most of his career then quit like a baby once Mike Price beat him up a bit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the mike price that dumped your shit hole and got tossed out of bama for spending school money on strippers and booze? That mike price?

:lol:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both your teams are on the upswing, imagine if that game is for the North Title?

Sort of like last year when the Trojans and Bruins took the field. I went to that game and it was way cool, even though the Bruins lost!

I hate to admit it, but Trojan fans are pretty cool peeps.
Upswings?

If you look at it WSU is in an unknown state. Last time I thought they were in an upswing after going 3-9 then 6-7 I thought this is where they start a consistent move upward. and then they went 3-9 again. so yes they went 9-4 last year but 1 up year doesn't make an upswing.

as for Washington, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, 9-4, 8-6, 7-6. Huskies look more like a down swing than up.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the mike price that dumped your shit hole and got tossed out of bama for spending school money on strippers and booze? That mike price?

sounds like the kind of coach I wanna hang out with

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upswings?

If you look at it WSU is in an unknown state. Last time I thought they were in an upswing after going 3-9 then 6-7 I thought this is where they start a consistent move upward. and then they went 3-9 again. so yes they went 9-4 last year but 1 up year doesn't make an upswing.

as for Washington, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, 9-4, 8-6, 7-6. Huskies look more like a down swing than up.
I'd bet if you looked at the average margin of score differential UW has been trending up. Wins are all that matters, but there are other ways of looking at how a team is trending. Rebuilding their defense to the point of leading the Pac and turning the first ever true freshmen QB in school history into a viable threat in the same season their feature back was also a freshman was quite a feat.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

with a resume like that, I'm surprised he wasn't the one to follow Cutty Sark

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Spoken like a prophet!

Both @seahawksfan234 & @WhiteMamba sightings is less than 24 hours of this post! :eek:

I need to direct myself back over here. I'm probably annoying the living piss out of all my real life friends who don't give a shit about college football. It has been all I've been talking about the past few months. I think this is probably the most emotionally invested I've been in CFB in my life. Huskies have sucked pretty much my entire adult life and I strongly believe this will be the best season the Huskies have had since I've been old enough to care.

I'm surprised the UW forum isn't more active. Might just start annoying people on here about college football instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.