• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously? There's been only one (MM) QB that Oregon has trusted or liked enough since 2011 to be their QB . No one they thought if MM goes down we will go with him and he will be our guy. And now with MM gone they have brought in two one year rentals rather than anyone they recruited.. That's about as bad as you can get.
they did trust in Lockie even though he turned out to not be right while MM was there. They brought in Adams because he was available and was a supreme talent the young guys weren't ready. Lockie would have been given the reigns and Oregon likely would have went to the New Mexico Bowl. They brought in Prukop because he also shows talent. but it was because Jonsen was coming off injury and they didn't know where in his recovery he would be. bringing him in doesn't make him the starter. 1 year they didn't trust who they had. the next they needed insurance in case Jonsen wasn't ready off injury. Had they not brought in Prukop, Jonsen would already be named the starter. the fact that they are still competing tells me what I need to know.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point was USC always had guys ready and they were decent enough to get drafted which is pretty amazing.
again not getting drafted, not getting to the NFL does not mean their college career was a failure.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for the jinx a hole
Not only do UW and WSU have the only returning QB's in the division worth talking about, but both schools have the easiest SOS in the conference I believe. UW's is actually the lowest I think.

If WSU can't find a way to come into the AC with 1 or less losses this year, I'm not sure there is a year they could ever do it. Boise State is their only real test OOC and this isn't Petersen's BSU anymore. Then you get the ducks at home and stanford on the road as your first two conference games. You couldn't have asked for any easier path through those yearly match-ups. Both will be breaking in new QB's and still finding their game speed.

This could well be a double digit win season for the cougs. It all just depends on how much progress they make on their woeful defense. They can't keep trying to outscore teams 45-42 as a game plan.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense should be fine with our 20 wide receiver recruits they turned into defensive players...fuck Leach, right in the ear.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Our defense should be fine with our 20 wide receiver recruits they turned into defensive players...fuck Leach, right in the ear.
That offense with Falk at the helm and that schedule still gets you no less than 9 wins even with a shit defense. There's just no way the cougs don't make a big step forward this year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only do UW and WSU have the only returning QB's in the division worth talking about, but both schools have the easiest SOS in the conference I believe. UW's is actually the lowest I think.

If WSU can't find a way to come into the AC with 1 or less losses this year, I'm not sure there is a year they could ever do it. Boise State is their only real test OOC and this isn't Petersen's BSU anymore. Then you get the ducks at home and stanford on the road as your first two conference games. You couldn't have asked for any easier path through those yearly match-ups. Both will be breaking in new QB's and still finding their game speed.

This could well be a double digit win season for the cougs. It all just depends on how much progress they make on their woeful defense. They can't keep trying to outscore teams 45-42 as a game plan.
Washingtons schedule is light for 3 games (though Rutgers is a tricky one to guess on because year to year you never know) @Arizona is another one. Home team has won 8 in a row. Then Stanford and @Oregon, new QBs but by that time both will have been tested and should be in stride. Stanford has Kansas State, USC and UCLA before UW, Oregon has Nebraska and WSU. after that a trip to Utah and then USC and Arizona State at home back to back are the tricky spots for UW.
Stanford is front heavy and we should know where they stand by Mid Oct. back half of the schedule really only has a trip to Oregon for them to worry about.
Oregon has the Nebraska trip then both Wash schools back to back in the front half. back side has AZst, @USC, Stanf, @Utah, civil War all in a row.
WSU does the same as Washington but reverse with Oregon at home and @Stanford back to back early. UCLA and AzSt in the middle then shouldn't be too much to get to the apple cup after that
It wouldn't surprise me if all 4 hit 9 wins at least.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure why the diatribe about UW's schedule oly, this was a discussion about WSU. :noidea:

Only thing I even mentioned about UW was they have the lowest SoS in the conference I believe.

Think what you want about 'being in stride', but facing any first year QB in the front half of a season is typically an up and down learning period for both the QB, and the players around him getting into rhythm with them. You HOPE both are up to 'full stride' by then. There is ZERO guarantee that is the case.

I'd MUCH rather face both in the first half of the season with a new QB, than the last 3-4 weeks of the season. That was my point to wazzy about his teams chances. Facing the ducks at home in week 5 with a seasoned veteran QB and offense vs a team still finding their stride at QB and in a first year defense with his first trip against the air raid is the best chance they are going to have of winning short of an injury to a major duck player. Never said, nor implied it was a slam dunk win. It's the best schedule they could have even hoped for.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah,who the hell does he think he is, coming to WSU and winning. A missed chip shot field goal decided the North last year, not a bad defense. Admit it, Wazzu; you know you think Cougs will take the North.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they did trust in Lockie even though he turned out to not be right while MM was there. They brought in Adams because he was available and was a supreme talent the young guys weren't ready. Lockie would have been given the reigns and Oregon likely would have went to the New Mexico Bowl. They brought in Prukop because he also shows talent. but it was because Jonsen was coming off injury and they didn't know where in his recovery he would be. bringing him in doesn't make him the starter. 1 year they didn't trust who they had. the next they needed insurance in case Jonsen wasn't ready off injury. Had they not brought in Prukop, Jonsen would already be named the starter. the fact that they are still competing tells me what I need to know.

So in other words, they brought in renta QBs two years in a row because for various reasons they never developed a QB while MM was there or since he's been gone which is five years.They had the three years MM was there and this is the second since and nothing. Yeah , no issues at all with the QB spot.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again not getting drafted, not getting to the NFL does not mean their college career was a failure.
You're killing me dude.lol If a school has had every starting QB drafted ( and one that didn't start) over a span of 15 years is a really good thing and shows they had QBs ready to jump in.
Oregons best was Adams who wasn't even developed by Oregon and in his only year there didn't impress scouts enough to get drafted. It doesn't mean he was terrible it means he didn't get drafted. So Oregon didn't have a guy better than a guy who didn't even get drafted. The point I made is about Oregon QB development not Adams.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're killing me dude.lol If a school has had every starting QB drafted ( and one that didn't start) over a span of 15 years is a really good thing and shows they had QBs ready to jump in.
Oregons best was Adams who wasn't even developed by Oregon and in his only year there didn't impress scouts enough to get drafted. It doesn't mean he was terrible it means he didn't get drafted. So Oregon didn't have a guy better than a guy who didn't even get drafted. The point I made is about Oregon QB development not Adams.
Oregon developed college QB's, just not NFL QB's in the past. Now, they don't develop either.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in other words, they brought in renta QBs two years in a row because for various reasons they never developed a QB while MM was there or since he's been gone which is five years.They had the three years MM was there and this is the second since and nothing. Yeah , no issues at all with the QB spot.
No Jonsen being hurt is not the same as not developed

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon developed college QB's, just not NFL QB's in the past. Now, they don't develop either.
Seriously, how hard is that to acknowledge when it's staring you in the renta QB face.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a bunch of freshman, a walk on and Lockie who we have all said was bad. and no one got drafted?? amazing

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Jonsen being hurt is not the same as not developed
So if Jonsen didn't get hurt, he would have been better than VA, in your opinion
?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not hurt now. Why did they get a rental?
Jonsen started running again in Dec. just started running again. not even fully. Prukop joined in Jan. sometimes coming off injury recovery has set backs. they didn't know how well he would be even though it was still 9 months away. a lot can happen. this was also before signing day. they didn't know who all they would have. so no they didn't like their overall depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.