• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no one was ready or able in 2014 that means they failed in 2013- 2012- 2011. That's what you're not getting. You can't just get one for that season you need to recruit and develop. When that fails you have to use what you got or the Oregon way you go buy errrr get a rental.
You must be wrong. Oly said so. You ONLY recruit a QB every 4 years. Duh. :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, we will take fourth ahead of the Hippies and Beavs.
I don't get the love for Stanford this year. They will open AT BEST 2-2 in conference and possibly worse. They have a legit schedule, only 10 returning starters (5 offense, 5 defense) AND breaking in a new QB?

With the much easier schedule, there is at least a punchers chance WSU finishes above the trees as well and could pass the ducks if they aren't all in a row.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this talk about schedules make me wonder how me Bruins OOC road & conference road schedules look this year compared to this years opponents and their last year's home records.

This year the Bruins face:

2015 OOC home records of:
5-2 SEC Texas A&M
6-0 IND BYU

2015 PAC home records of:
5-2 ASU
4-2 WSU
2-4 CU
5-1 CAL

So that is a road schedule vs 2015 winning percentage at home of .711.

With that in mind, the Bruins still have home games vs Stan, Ariz, Utah, OSU & USC. I just don't see them Bruins winning the South like these prognosticators do.

A decent Bowl game or bust, unless they rise up and stun this fan. I just don't see enough 'W's' unless this is another down year for the South.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If no one was ready or able in 2014 that means they failed in 2013- 2012- 2011. That's what you're not getting. You can't just get one for that season you need to recruit and develop. When that fails you have to use what you got or the Oregon way you go buy errrr get a rental.
11 had 2 Bennett and Mariota. 12 had Mariota, Rodriguez and Lockie. Bennett left. 13 had Mariota, Rodriguez and Lockie and added Hobbs. 14 had Mariota, Lockie, Mahalak and walkon Alie. Rodriguez and Hobbs left.
15 had Lockie, Mahalak, Jonsen (who got hurt) and walk on Alie. No one was able in 15 because of people leaving, people getting hurt and Mahalak didn't work for it. he wasn't ready because he didn't study the play book and didn't try. him not being ready is on him not the staff to develop him. that's like saying a kid got an F because of the teacher.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
11 had 2 Bennett and Mariota. 12 had Mariota, Rodriguez and Lockie. Bennett left. 13 had Mariota, Rodriguez and Lockie and added Hobbs. 14 had Mariota, Lockie, Mahalak and walkon Alie. Rodriguez and Hobbs left.
15 had Lockie, Mahalak, Jonsen (who got hurt) and walk on Alie. No one was able in 15 because of people leaving, people getting hurt and Mahalak didn't work for it. he wasn't ready because he didn't study the play book and didn't try. him not being ready is on him not the staff to develop him. that's like saying a kid got an F because of the teacher.

lol. Did Oregon inherit these players? Were they left on uncle Phils doorstep? How did they get to oregon? Or Did Oregon coaches go see them play and offer them scholarships? Wasn't Oregon then supposed to teach and develop them and find the next one who will start? It's 2016 and since Marriota became the starter they were supposed to have kids learning and be ready in case something tragic happened to MM or when he left. Now unless there was a tragic boating accident where all of them drowned there's no excuse for not having someone in 2015 and 2016 ready to start. Or did they think Marriota was never going to leave?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. Did Oregon inherit these players? Were they left on uncle Phils doorstep? How did they get to oregon? Or Did Oregon coaches go see them play and offer them scholarships? Wasn't Oregon then supposed to teach and develop them and find the next one who will start? It's 2016 and since Marriota became the starter they were supposed to have kids learning and be ready in case something tragic happened to MM or when he left. Now unless there was a tragic boating accident where all of them drowned there's no excuse for not having someone in 2015 and 2016 ready to start. Or did they think Marriota was never going to leave?
Honestly Jim, I don't know what the big deal is. All CFB teams get and lose transfers all the time.

USC is getting Steve Tu'ikolovatu from Utah at DT, a huge hole in the Trojans defense this coming year.

So, what's the difference?

These teams make the moves they need to, if the guys they have aren't filling the bill, simple as that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly Jim, I don't know what the big deal is. All CFB teams get and lose transfers all the time.

USC is getting Steve Tu'ikolovatu from Utah at DT, a huge hole in the Trojans defense this coming year.

These teams make the moves they need to, if the guys they have aren't filling the bill, simple as that.

Oh I don't know Mike. Last time I checked haveing a QB was kinda important for a football team. Not having one is kinda not a good thing and very bad planning. USC would still have a D line if Steve didnt come.

Last edited:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Does this mean that USC cannot recruit and develop a defensive line?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, this shit happens and when your team ends up having to get rent a players for the most important slot in the sport two years straight it shows you are going through a rough patch in growing your own at the level you need. That's really all I've said. It's just funny to watch Oly try to spin that into something else.

Off season en sech.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry last i checked if players leave you cant train them. if a player doesnt put in the work, you cant make them learn. if a player is hurt, you can only do so much with them. Players have different ceilings. Mariota and Lockie were both 3 star recruits. Mariotas ceiling was much higher than Lockies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, this shit happens and when your team ends up having to get rent a players for the most important slot in the sport two years straight it shows you are going through a rough patch in growing your own at the level you need. That's really all I've said. It's just funny to watch Oly try to spin that into something else.

Off season en sech.
what spin? I am saying it straight up Oregon missed on Lockie. Oregon had a walk on. Oregon had a hurt young player. Oregon had 4 other QBs transfer in 5 years time.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't get the love for Stanford this year. They will open AT BEST 2-2 in conference and possibly worse. They have a legit schedule, only 10 returning starters (5 offense, 5 defense) AND breaking in a new QB?

With the much easier schedule, there is at least a punchers chance WSU finishes above the trees as well and could pass the ducks if they aren't all in a row.
Ummm. McCaffrey. Duh.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what spin? I am saying it straight up Oregon missed on Lockie. Oregon had a walk on. Oregon had a hurt young player. Oregon had 4 other QBs transfer in 5 years time.

All that yet you still say nothing wrong .If you were selling a car, your pitch would be yeah, the transmission is shot and the engine has a blown head gasket but it's a good car.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,305.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummm. McCaffrey. Duh.
Freeman is at least as important to the ducks as McCaffrey is to the trees and yet the media has Oregon going 3rd or 4th in the north. Like not only do they hold no importance to how special of a player he is, but they are down right shitting all over the ducks with those picks considering where they have placed in the recent past.

IMO, any of the top 4 of the north has a chance to win the division. Every one of them. All have some potent arguments to like them, all have some glaring questions that could derail them, and who knows which ones will have substantial injuries that reshapes the race.

I just say Stanford isn't the slam dunk the media wants to make them out to be. They have questions on defense as much as the holes on offense. I see that combination bringing their scoring differential a lot closer to even than it was last year.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that yet you still say nothing wrong .If you were selling a car, your pitch would be yeah, the transmission is shot and the engine has a blown head gasket but it's a good car.
No, the pitch would be we (Oregon) won more games with our rentaback than USC did with their five star recruits but the artificial division of the Conference sent USC to the CCG.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, the pitch would be we (Oregon) won more games with our rentaback than USC did with their five star recruits but the artificial division of the Conference sent USC to the CCG.
Artificial?

:stephena:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah USC had a QB they recruited and developed. Who was a 4 * btw.Now that's a bad or wrong thing? Your argument sucks.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah USC had a QB they recruited and developed. Who was a 4 * btw.Now that's a bad or wrong thing? Your argument sucks.
I got it now! Its better to lose with a QB you have recruited and developed than win with a rentaback? Is that really what your argument is? Seems to weaken your argument when the transfer could have picked Alabama, making your argument re QBs quite moot. A transfer is legal, you will be using at least one, but its not OK if that transfer is a QB, but you want us to accept that argument on its face just because it fits your position. It could be too in one's wildest imagination, that a team, especially a team like USC with QBs lined up one behind another, a team needs a defensive lineman more than a QB. Whose argument sucks?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Artificial?

:stephena:
Yes, because a team doesn't play every team in the other division which may allow one team a big advantage as avoiding Oregon helped ASU win the South. Twice. No, don't say that they could have won even if they had played Oregon or lost if they did, because you don't know and never will. That's why it is artificial because the winner is not necessarily decided on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.