• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bovada sports book has released current odds for the PAC12 championship.

Stanford: 3/1

UCLA: 7/2

Washington: 4/1

USC: 11/2

Oregon: 11/2

Utah:12/1

Washington State: 14/1

Arizona: 20/1

Arizona State: 20/1

California: 22/1

Colorado: 50/1

Oregon State: 50/1

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No love for the cougs by the sports books. Not believing they have the D to make a real stab at it.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While success in the NFL isnt gauranteed the fact that he wasnt even drafted shows how deep a hole Oregon was at that position and might still be.
Gotta disagree with you here jimbo. It's was his measurables that kept him from being drafted.

We've seen it before, if he lights it up in the CFL like Doug Flutie did, we may see him place his mark in the NFL, something all of them USC drafted QB's you listed have failed at miserably, save Palmer.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Don't think he's any good.
I'm guessing not with that HC.

Sorry NN, just a good guess is all.

Well, he won the South twice in the last three years in a division with USC and UCLA and no big names to brag about on his roster. I like him. However, this year, even Harbaugh likely couldn't help the Devils. We'll see.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree, but at 14-1, I think I'll take a flyer.
I'm probably more worried about the cougs this year than any of the other teams in the north. Mostly because of the time of year the game happens, but they should be a contender for sure.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta disagree with you here jimbo. It's was his measurables that kept him from being drafted.

We've seen it before, if he lights it up in the CFL like Doug Flutie did, we may see him place his mark in the NFL, something all of them USC drafted QB's you listed have failed at miserably, save Palmer.

I think the main argument is getting lost here. My point was Oregons QB development and recruiting has been horrible since 2011 save for MM. I mentioned Adams because Duck fans want to act like he's theirs but he isn't and he wasn't all that. Decent in their system but nothing special like Duck fans were saying. In this day and age, if you're at a school like Oregon and starting, pro teams have plenty to evaluate you with and the fact that he didn't get drafted and is now in the CFL is another example of how bad the Oregon situation is.

Now the other argument. Is it USCs job ( on the football side ) to ensure the players have long illustrious careers in the NFL or just to develop them to their potencial? I posted that list to show that USC while having ups and downs since 2000 has recruited and developed that position about as good as you can and had someone ready to take over when the previous QB left. Now they might not have been as good but they at least brought in someone the recruited and started him. Every starting QB (pretty sure) since 200o has been drafted and even one who didn't start. Yeah, they have all had different careers but that's out of USCs control that about their work ethic and talent but they got drafted . You got JD Booty who earned NFL money for a few years and Barkley who's been a backup since he got drafted in 2014 and won't ever be hurting for money. You got Lienart who made probably around 20 million and does analyst work. You got Matt Cassel who didn't get drafted who's up in the 30 million range and shows if your name is Matt you should go to USC lol. You got Sanchez who's not been a franchise QB but he's about to be the starter in Denver in his seventh season. I don't know about you but I think that's something pretty good . You got Palmer who's been the most successful. You got Cody who might stick around like Barkley and make more money than any of us ever dreamed about in the NFL. So you can poo poo the accomplishments of that position from USC players in the NFL but there will be five ex USC QBs in the NFL this season.
The fact that you have to go back to Doug Flutie to make a case for Adams say's more than anything I could say.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the main argument is getting lost here. My point was Oregons QB development and recruiting has been horrible since 2011 save for MM. I mentioned Adams because Duck fans want to act like he's theirs but he isn't and he wasn't all that. Decent in their system but nothing special like Duck fans were saying. In this day and age, if you're at a school like Oregon and starting, pro teams have plenty to evaluate you with and the fact that he didn't get drafted and is now in the CFL is another example of how bad the Oregon situation is.

Now the other argument. Is it USCs job ( on the football side ) to ensure the players have long illustrious careers in the NFL or just to develop them to their potencial? I posted that list to show that USC while having ups and downs since 2000 has recruited and developed that position about as good as you can and had someone ready to take over when the previous QB left. Now they might not have been as good but they at least brought in someone the recruited and started him. Every starting QB (pretty sure) since 200o has been drafted and even one who didn't start. Yeah, they have all had different careers but that's out of USCs control that about their work ethic and talent but they got drafted . You got JD Booty who earned NFL money for a few years and Barkley who's been a backup since he got drafted in 2014 and won't ever be hurting for money. You got Lienart who made probably around 20 million and does analyst work. You got Matt Cassel who didn't get drafted who's up in the 30 million range and shows if your name is Matt you should go to USC lol. You got Sanchez who's not been a franchise QB but he's about to be the starter in Denver in his seventh season. I don't know about you but I think that's something pretty good . You got Palmer who's been the most successful. You got Cody who might stick around like Barkley and make more money than any of us ever dreamed about in the NFL. So you can poo poo the accomplishments of that position from USC players in the NFL but there will be five ex USC QBs in the NFL this season.
The fact that you have to go back to Doug Flutie to make a case for Adams say's more than anything I could say.
Except name the last Oregon QB that had a meaningful NFL career? Dixon? Clemens? Feeley? career backups. Everyone knows Oregon doesn't produce big time QBs. Mariota looks like he could be doing pretty good but only 1 season so far. Most of the time they end up in either Canada or Arena. Doesn't mean they didn't have meaningful College careers.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except name the last Oregon QB that had a meaningful NFL career? Dixon? Clemens? Feeley? career backups. Everyone knows Oregon doesn't produce big time QBs. Mariota looks like he could be doing pretty good but only 1 season so far. Most of the time they end up in either Canada or Arena. Doesn't mean they didn't have meaningful College careers.

Yeah, and I've never knocked those QBs. They were pre MM and Oregon had them ready to play they didn't go out looking for one somoene else developed.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, and I've never knocked those QBs. They were pre MM and Oregon had them ready to play they didn't go out looking for one somoene else developed.
but they didn't make it in the NFL. your argument from before so therefore Oregon didn't have them ready according to you

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also we are talking about one of the position coaches at Oregon that has seen actual turnover. so to blame them is blaming people that aren't there

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably more worried about the cougs this year than any of the other teams in the north. Mostly because of the time of year the game happens, but they should be a contender for sure.

Thanks for the jinx a hole

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but they didn't make it in the NFL. your argument from before so therefore Oregon didn't have them ready according to you

Ready to start for the college team. Oregon recruited them and when it came time Oregon put them in. Since 2011, MM has been the only QB who Oregon has had that they recruited and developed put in there to start (other than a game or two because of injury).

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also we are talking about one of the position coaches at Oregon that has seen actual turnover. so to blame them is blaming people that aren't there

Coaches , recruiting , development. Blame who you want I don't care but it's been a dumpster fire.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coaches , recruiting , development. Blame who you want I don't care but it's been a dumpster fire.
still don't see it as a dumpster fire but believe what you want

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ready to start for the college team. Oregon recruited them and when it came time Oregon put them in. Since 2011, MM has been the only QB who Oregon has had that they recruited and developed put in there to start (other than a game or two because of injury).
so why bring up the NFL?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still don't see it as a dumpster fire but believe what you want

Seriously? There's been only one (MM) QB that Oregon has trusted or liked enough since 2011 to be their QB . No one they thought if MM goes down we will go with him and he will be our guy. And now with MM gone they have brought in two one year rentals rather than anyone they recruited.. That's about as bad as you can get.

Status
Not open for further replies.