• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't anything inaccurate about saying Oregon hasn't developed a QB in house that played worth a piss since bringing in MM in '11. Not one thing.
When saban leaves Alabama and their new coach comes in and only goes 8-5 for 3 years would you say Alabama hasn't had a good coach since Saban 2007?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When saban leaves Alabama and their new coach comes in and only goes 8-5 for 3 years would you say Alabama hasn't had a good coach since Saban 2007?
Wait, so you equate what a head coach does for a team and the impact on the overall program to what a star QB does? :tsk:

I will say that since Kelly left your school it sure looks like Oregon hasn't had a good coach. At least not to Kelly's level.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Uh no Addison only attempted 2 passes all year and completed 1.
Oregon was in it because Freeman had 246 yards at 9.1 yards per carry. and Griffin added another 96.

Wasn't it Addison who had the completion against us? Either way, Freeman had a great game but we stacked 9 in the box. Even Hellen Keller could've led Oregon to a victory that day.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, so you equate what a head coach does for a team and the impact on the overall program to what a star QB does? :tsk:

I will say that since Kelly left your school it sure looks like Oregon hasn't had a good coach. At least not to Kelly's level.
im equating time lines. saying it from the beginning vs the end.
Helfrich 11-2 tied for 1st in the North bowl win, 13-2 Conference title, Bowl win, National runner up, 9-4 2nd in north beat both division winners, was close to 12-1 by 16 points and 5 OT and looks like Oregon coaching isn't good. OK.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Helfrich 11-2 tied for 1st in the North bowl win, 13-2 Conference title, Bowl win, National runner up, 9-4 2nd in north beat both division winners, was close to 12-1 by 16 points and 5 OT and looks like Oregon coaching isn't good. OK.
"At least not Kelly's level". You disagree with that? OK. We can agree to disagree.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez and all that w/o a QB? Keep up the bad work. If you've got the figures handy, how did USC and UW do during that same time?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure the last couple years UW has had been just as bad with guys like Peters, Miles, Stringfellow and Dickerson.
Dickerson?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and I have said before im not getting into it again and again because neither of us is changing what we think.

Followed by:

But I didn't. I posted a link to show Devon Allen make the Olympic team. and by chance there is a second video that shows Jonsen throwing. and I said that. it shows Jonsen throwing. I didn't say it shows an amazing Oregon QB highly touted 4 * second coming of Jesus who will win multiple Heismans. I said there is a video that shows Jonsen throwing.

And instead of watching it you spout about graduate transfers and Oregon cant develop a QB. Instead of watching him throw and seeing what he is capable of, you repeat the same argument you have been that we all could probably say what you are going to say before you say it. Instead of watching it you tell us he is no good because he went to Oregon and blah blah blah

AFTER you brought it up again

That's called baiting and doesn't fit your argument. saying you keep hearing it but then I say it after that is not the same thing.
Jonsen isn't a recruit he is a Frosh that sat last year due to injury that you keep ignoring in all your talking. and saying they haven't had a starter besides MM since 11 is making it sound worse than it is because MM was the starter in 12, 13 and 14. so really Oregon hasn't had a starter other than MM since 15. 1 year.

again you keep ignoring what I have told you a hundred times already. They did trust Lockie. he was going to be the starter. Then Adams made the choice to transfer and Oregon won that recruitment. there were other schools he looked at and were interested in him. Lockie wasnt the guy after all he got better than when he came. he would probably do well at a smaller school but not did not do well at Oregon as a QB. look at how he did with the Sun Belt team, Colorado, even that it took 2 OT to lose to WSU.
this year no they didn't trust Lockie. Alie either. Jonsen is coming off injury so when Prukop opened up his recruitment Oregon won that too. Its not that Oregon doesn't trust what Jonsen can do. its that when Prukop became available they didn't know where Jonsens recovery would be. so they got another guy. just in case.

And Oregon has done that too. but they left when MM came back. they left when things didn't work for them.

:bolt:

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry that was Basketball
Noah Dickerson then? I remember he was suspended towards the end of last year. Do you know what he did? I thought I heard violation of team rules, but I don't recall what he did.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noah Dickerson then? I remember he was suspended towards the end of last year. Do you know what he did? I thought I heard violation of team rules, but I don't recall what he did.
violation of team rules is all I know too

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jeez and all that w/o a QB? Keep up the bad work. If you've got the figures handy, how did USC and UW do during that same time?
So you want to equate what any other team does to what this conversation was about? :L

Chip Kelly had their team looking like they were going to finally get that national championship soon. No one is feeling they are really any kind of a risk now. That's a drop. Never claimed it was a momentous drop, but it's not the same.

Can't speak for USC, but UW is going the other direction. Finally feels like they have a direction and some decent leadership. Both schools are happy to be moving on from the Sark era.

So what's your point? Right, as usual you don't have a cohesive point do you.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to equate what any other team does to what this conversation was about? :L

Chip Kelly had their team looking like they were going to finally get that national championship soon. No one is feeling they are really any kind of a risk now. That's a drop. Never claimed it was a momentous drop, but it's not the same.

Can't speak for USC, but UW is going the other direction. Finally feels like they have a direction and some decent leadership. Both schools are happy to be moving on from the Sark era.

So what's your point? Right, as usual you don't have a cohesive point do you.
My only point is this. Since USC and UW posters have led the way in the monotonous and unending criticism of Oregon for their lack of QB development, apparently anyway, and it would seem natural to compare what Oregon has done to that of its critics. USC is done with their probation and hired another coach and UW is praying that Petersen can imitate his success at Boise. Whether that works out for either remains to be seen.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only point is this. Since USC and UW posters have led the way in the monotonous and unending criticism of Oregon for their lack of QB development, apparently anyway, and it would seem natural to compare what Oregon has done to that of its critics. USC is done with their probation and hired another coach and UW is praying that Petersen can imitate his success at Boise. Whether that works out for either remains to be seen.
No, had Oly simply said something along the lines of: "Yeah, they haven't had a lot of luck in the QB department in recent years, but they've still done alright with what they had." it wouldn't have been more than a one time thing. This circular never-ending argument is entirely because he keeps it going this way.

And I think I've already said I can easily admit UW had more than a 5 year span of some sub par QB play which would be more directly related to the subject at hand. There is no relation to anything you brought up. Not one thing. It's just a lame attempt to try and troll back and as usual it didn't work.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout them sun devils? What the the expectations they won't come close to meeting this year?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer. Matt Lienart. JDBooty, Sanchez, Matt Barkley. Cody Kessler. Yeah USC fans know nothing about haveing someone ready to play QB the next season.Heck with Cassel they even had one go to the NFL without even playing. Wheres Adams again? Shit even Codys in the NFL. So nice try .

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer. Matt Lienart. JDBooty, Sanchez, Matt Barkley. Cody Kessler. Yeah USC fans know nothing about haveing someone ready to play QB the next season.Heck with Cassel they even had one go to the NFL without even playing. Wheres Adams again? Shit even Cody in yhe NFL. So nice try .

Comeon man. Get with the times. You just go buy yourself a 5th year senior each year from another school.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carson Palmer. Matt Lienart. JDBooty, Sanchez, Matt Barkley. Cody Kessler. Yeah USC fans know nothing about haveing someone ready to play QB the next season.Heck with Cassel they even had one go to the NFL without even playing. Wheres Adams again? Shit even Codys in the NFL. So nice try .
This is a college thread right? so Adams leading the nation in passing efficiency and second nationally in QBR makes not making it to the NFL a non issue when talking about his college career.

Status
Not open for further replies.