• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And instead of watching it you spout about graduate transfers and Oregon cant develop a QB. Instead of watching him throw and seeing what he is capable of, you repeat the same argument you have been that we all could probably say what you are going to say before you say it. Instead of watching it you tell us he is no good because he went to Oregon and blah blah blah

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I didn't. I posted a link to show Devon Allen make the Olympic team. and by chance there is a second video that shows Jonsen throwing. and I said that. it shows Jonsen throwing. I didn't say it shows an amazing Oregon QB highly touted 4 * second coming of Jesus who will win multiple Heismans. I said there is a video that shows Jonsen throwing.

True , but you did say Jonsen is-
"Good enough that he is still competing with someone for the starting job who in 2 seasons was a first team All American, and has 5584 yards passing, 46-16 TD-INT, 1743 Yards rushing, 24 TD. and 20 games experience."
That's some praise isn't it?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with socaljim. Oregon sucks.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True , but you did say Jonsen is-
"Good enough that he is still competing with someone for the starting job who in 2 seasons was a first team All American, and has 5584 yards passing, 46-16 TD-INT, 1743 Yards rushing, 24 TD. and 20 games experience."
That's some praise isn't it?
AFTER you brought it up again

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AFTER you brought it up again

Does it matter? You still said it.
Oh ,and I have no opinion on your recent QB recruits . I don't know if they are good or not so good and I wouldn't say they are bad because they chose Oregon. I've just pointed out the past development or lack of. And that's irrefutable no matter how hard you try to.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
colbert-popcorn.gif

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe I've seen Oregon bring in renta QBs two years in a row and hasn't produced a starter other than MM since 2011.
A Briles / Stidham reunion at Oregon is very possible next year Uncle Phil didn't invest over half a billion dollars into that "school" to be a Nike billboard for historical tank jobs like the Alamo Bowl. Finishing 3rd or lower in the PAC N this year will seal Helfrichs fate.

Briles would a perfect fit for Oregon. Similar offense style and total disregard for ethics and player behavior off the field. Sign your name with an X, but got 4+ stars on your rating, it's welcome to the team.

Kelly's Thug U would be taken to the next level with players allowed to r*pe and pillage to their hearts content and Briles eyes would be rolling in the back of his head with the academic acceptance standards and Barney Fife Eugene police dept. No means Yes would be another Nike marketing dept catchphrase like Win The Day for that program.
I don't think of football as a moral issue but I guess its a good as any to justify 10 years of non-performance. I don't think that having a "half billion dollar" slush fund behind you is a drawback at all either, but yes, something to be jealous of. I am. My point Stidham is apparently available; Oregon could use a QB of Stidham's potential for 2017; Stidham will have to sit a year wherever he transfers; Oregon's history of transferring QBs has been endlessly discussed on this thread. However far fetched it may seem, its something to look into. If the Ducks could pull this off, they would be set for four years at QB. That would probably be the end of this thread with nothing left to discuss, but so be it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does it matter? You still said it.
Oh ,and I have no opinion on your recent QB recruits . I don't know if they are good or not so good and I wouldn't say they are bad because they chose Oregon. I've just pointed out the past development or lack of. And that's irrefutable no matter how hard you try to.
That's called baiting and doesn't fit your argument. saying you keep hearing it but then I say it after that is not the same thing.
Jonsen isn't a recruit he is a Frosh that sat last year due to injury that you keep ignoring in all your talking. and saying they haven't had a starter besides MM since 11 is making it sound worse than it is because MM was the starter in 12, 13 and 14. so really Oregon hasn't had a starter other than MM since 15. 1 year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Naw, Stidham is too young. Ducks only go for the old timers. The ones they can skirt around the rules with as hired guns. They aren't into all this young development stuff. Not how they roll.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's called baiting and doesn't fit your argument. saying you keep hearing it but then I say it after that is not the same thing.
Jonsen isn't a recruit he is a Frosh that sat last year due to injury that you keep ignoring in all your talking. and saying they haven't had a starter besides MM since 11 is making it sound worse than it is because MM was the starter in 12, 13 and 14. so really Oregon hasn't had a starter other than MM since 15. 1 year.
I've said since 2011 they haven't produced anyone other than MM that they trust to be a starter. You forget they had the three years he was there to have someone ready. You don't wait to start looking and developing a capable QB until the one you have leaves do you?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Briles / Stidham reunion at Oregon is very possible next year Uncle Phil didn't invest over half a billion dollars into that "school" to be a Nike billboard for historical tank jobs like the Alamo Bowl. Finishing 3rd or lower in the PAC N this year will seal Helfrichs fate.

Briles would a perfect fit for Oregon. Similar offense style and total disregard for ethics and player behavior off the field. Sign your name with an X, but got 4+ stars on your rating, it's welcome to the team.

Kelly's Thug U would be taken to the next level with players allowed to r*pe and pillage to their hearts content and Briles eyes would be rolling in the back of his head with the academic acceptance standards and Barney Fife Eugene police dept. No means Yes would be another Nike marketing dept catchphrase like Win The Day for that program.
Pretty sure the last couple years UW has had been just as bad with guys like Peters, Miles, Stringfellow and Dickerson.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most programs recruit QB's every single year and more than one of them. Most have kids in the wings waiting for their chances. You need strong players in case of injury and you need your next stud all ready to go. It's totally disingenuous to suggest they have only been without a viable home grown QB for one year.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think. It's a month before preseason NFL football games start and college players start arriving for fall camps.

And I think the summertime limited trash talking thing is done. Was trying to take it mellow the past couple months, but lately been feeling it's time. From now on, let it fly. It's time to start cranking it up. 6 weeks and counting till we got college football.

Ducks suck. :trash:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said since 2011 they haven't produced anyone other than MM that they trust to be a starter. You forget they had the three years he was there to have someone ready. You don't wait to start looking and developing a capable QB until the one you have leaves do you?
again you keep ignoring what I have told you a hundred times already. They did trust Lockie. he was going to be the starter. Then Adams made the choice to transfer and Oregon won that recruitment. there were other schools he looked at and were interested in him. Lockie wasnt the guy after all he got better than when he came. he would probably do well at a smaller school but not did not do well at Oregon as a QB. look at how he did with the Sun Belt team, Colorado, even that it took 2 OT to lose to WSU.
this year no they didn't trust Lockie. Alie either. Jonsen is coming off injury so when Prukop opened up his recruitment Oregon won that too. Its not that Oregon doesn't trust what Jonsen can do. its that when Prukop became available they didn't know where Jonsens recovery would be. so they got another guy. just in case.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most programs recruit QB's every single year and more than one of them. Most have kids in the wings waiting for their chances. You need strong players in case of injury and you need your next stud all ready to go. It's totally disingenuous to suggest they have only been without a viable home grown QB for one year.
And Oregon has done that too. but they left when MM came back. they left when things didn't work for them.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Oregon has done that too. but they left when MM came back. they left when things didn't work for them.
The reason why doesn't negate that there isn't actually any viable QB that has reached the field through your pipeline since MM in '11. Doesn't change that even a little bit.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, UW didn't put anything worth a piss on the field for a number of years either. It's not entirely that unusual. Not sure why a few ducks are so defensive about it. That's what made MM so special. He's not an every cycle type of player and that's really all anyone was saying when he left. Most of this endless circle jerk was caused by the duck fans (clearly not oly) that were blowing horns over their next MM. Why wouldn't people pick on that back when it blew up in their faces? :noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The reason why doesn't negate that there isn't actually any viable QB that has reached the field through your pipeline since MM in '11. Doesn't change that even a little bit.
since 14

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There isn't anything inaccurate about saying Oregon hasn't developed a QB in house that played worth a piss since bringing in MM in '11. Not one thing.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I also think that at times QB recruits can be a lot more volatile than many other positions. There are guys who in HS look really good and just can't cut it in D1 (Nick Montana) simply because the talent jump is so significant. I'd say the jump between playing QB in HS and QB at a big conference school is a bigger than any other position. But then again you could easily say the same about college -> NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.