• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, had Oly simply said something along the lines of: "Yeah, they haven't had a lot of luck in the QB department in recent years, but they've still done alright with what they had." it wouldn't have been more than a one time thing. This circular never-ending argument is entirely because he keeps it going this way.

And I think I've already said I can easily admit UW had more than a 5 year span of some sub par QB play which would be more directly related to the subject at hand. There is no relation to anything you brought up. Not one thing. It's just a lame attempt to try and troll back and as usual it didn't work.
yeah they havent had a lot of luck for 1 year at QB.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah they havent had a lot of luck for 1 year at QB.
Close, but it appears you like the attention and wish to keep it going. Not that there's much else going on until fall camps I suppose. :noidea:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a college thread right? so Adams leading the nation in passing efficiency and second nationally in QBR makes not making it to the NFL a non issue when talking about his college career.
Yeah pretty sure those were all college QBs.
Adams was so good he didnt get drafted. You are seriously delusional when it comes to Oregons QBs.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tua Tagovialoa has won the Elite 11 and Opening MVP. That's ridiculous.

It was down to Bama and USC a few months ago, till he committed to Bama. I question if this kid is going to stick with this decision till Feb and might end up decommiting to a PAC school later this year when schools will still be trying to get him to visit on some officials during fb season. USC and Oregon being prime targets. I know Oregon isn't giving up and still hiking the skirt for him.

If Oregon finds a way to get a commitment from him, it would be a game changer for their QB issues, but going to take a lot of work to get him to do that.

But even they would have USC recruiting to contend with.

Kiffen and Bama's network made it a personal mission to land this kid, so you know what that means....but it's still possible.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tre McKitty, nation's most offered TE, commits to Oregon Ducks on ESPNU

offers from Arizona, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Florida State, UGA, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Miami, Miss St, Missouri, UNC, Ohio State, WF, West Virginia

Good get for the Ducks. Nice looking target at 6-4, 235 as H.S. senior, but the sites I see list him as a 3-star, but yes, a ton of schools were interested, and that's usually the case with any player attending IMG Academy.

He's put on a lot more bulk on that frame lately and appears he's attempting to become a hybrid blocking/pass catching TE. Oregon could use some of that as they always want bodies out there to block for the run game. To be able to early enroll, develop into that dual role, and Oregon making the pitch that they'll develop him like that, probably sealed the deal. I'm a bit suspicious about the timing of this commitment considering the list of offers, and announcing right after his visit to the school. I think he's one Oregon is going to have to watch carefully going into this fall since he'll be on the other side of the country.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have had some recruiting activity in the PAC the past week. Couple names , including a few already mentioned:

3-star JUCO WDE Alex Funches (Athens, TX) committed to Cal.

2-star Kicker Adam Stack (Honolulu, HI) committed to Oregon.

3-star TE Tre McKitty (Bradenton, FL) committed to Oregon.

3-star ATH Darrian McNeal (Seffner, FL) committed to Arizona. Lots of east coast offers from schools like Boston College, Georgia Tech, Louisville, Pitt, Rutgers, Tenn, and VT. Oregon St. had offered as well.

3-star OT Grant Polley (Denton, TX) committed to Colorado. Kid had a ton offers from schools including Mich, TCU, Miss St., Minnesota, Missouri, Kansas St, ASU, and Cal. Colorado is building a pretty respectable looking class this year, compared to the past couple classes. Showing improvement for sure.

3-star OT Alec Kuzmack (Eagle, ID) committed to WSU. His other offer to date was Boise St. Looks like wanted to stay close to home in the PACNW. At 6-5" and 285, he's a nice piece of beef for the Cougs class.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close, but it appears you like the attention and wish to keep it going. Not that there's much else going on until fall camps I suppose. :noidea:
False I am not the one who even started the conversation.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah pretty sure those were all college QBs.
Adams was so good he didnt get drafted. You are seriously delusional when it comes to Oregons QBs.
lots of college players who are in the college hall of fame don't make it in the NFL. the success in college and the success in the NFL don't have to go hand in hand. being good in college does not mean you will be in the NFL. just because you weren't great in college doesn't mean you cant be in the NFL (though that happens far less)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good get for the Ducks. Nice looking target at 6-4, 235 as H.S. senior, but the sites I see list him as a 3-star, but yes, a ton of schools were interested, and that's usually the case with any player attending IMG Academy.

He's put on a lot more bulk on that frame lately and appears he's attempting to become a hybrid blocking/pass catching TE. Oregon could use some of that as they always want bodies out there to block for the run game. To be able to early enroll, develop into that dual role, and Oregon making the pitch that they'll develop him like that, probably sealed the deal. I'm a bit suspicious about the timing of this commitment considering the list of offers, and announcing right after his visit to the school. I think he's one Oregon is going to have to watch carefully going into this fall since he'll be on the other side of the country.
I always worry when they commit before their senior season. Oregon already has another TE commit in this class. hopefully both stay on. and hopefully they are done at that position as not to drive someone away.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False I am not the one who even started the conversation.
If you didn't want the attention you could easily stop all of the nonsense. You are a smart enough person to know how to end these things and yet don't, therefore you seek it.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you didn't want the attention you could easily stop all of the nonsense. You are a smart enough person to know how to end these things and yet don't, therefore you seek it.
2 way street.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How bout them sun devils? What the the expectations they won't come close to meeting this year?
Them Sun Devils, you ask? Do you mean the Devils that gave you a big first half lead, then watched the PAC 12 leading UW defense blow the game against a losing team? What, 9 or 10 in a row, and not to a powerhouse like Oregon either? Those Sun Devils? Well, they have a QB that has never thrown a pass in a game, four new starters on the O line and no experience in the secondary, plus you have home field this season. You have a chance this year if you don't find another way to blow it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Them Sun Devils, you ask? Do you mean the Devils that gave you a big first half lead, then watched the PAC 12 leading UW defense blow the game against a losing team? What, 9 or 10 in a row, and not to a powerhouse like Oregon either? Those Sun Devils? Well, they have a QB that has never thrown a pass in a game, four new starters on the O line and no experience in the secondary, plus you have home field this season. You have a chance this year if you don't find another way to blow it.
That's good... maybe they'll shock everyone and actually meet expectations this time.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lots of college players who are in the college hall of fame don't make it in the NFL. the success in college and the success in the NFL don't have to go hand in hand. being good in college does not mean you will be in the NFL. just because you weren't great in college doesn't mean you cant be in the NFL (though that happens far less)
My point was that yes Ive seen teams get a Qb ready to play while they still had a QB.
My point on Adams was that he was a rental. So he must have been better than anything you had. Cody who was just decent at USC was drafted and Adams was not. While success in the NFL isnt gauranteed the fact that he wasnt even drafted shows how deep a hole Oregon was at that position and might still be.
Oh and dont take any of this personal. Its just sports shit taking. I have my opionion but its just a sports opinion. You sound like a cool bright person.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Steve Entman was a garbage player evidently

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think your team's gonna suck and they do. Isn't that meeting expectations?

Status
Not open for further replies.