• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, because I defended Helton. And you Ducks fans wonder why people make fun of you.
now you know how you sounded when no one said it was or wasn't a big deal.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not the first post about it. and you still claimed you told us so

I said Ducks fans will be here to say it was no big deal and guess what happened...?

2 Ducks fans showed up and claimed it was no big deal.

So yes, I told you so.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duck fan to explain why this is "no big deal and he'll be easily replaced" in 3....2....

What's to explain? Oregon has been a run first team since forever, understandable why a WR would look elsewhere.

Hard to say. Dont know what he was fully capable of based on a small amount of time he saw last year. its possible he would have broke out but also that he could bust. dont want to say it is a big deal or not. he was probably going to be behind Griffin, Nelson, Allen, Stanford, Carrington, Ofodile, Mitchell and Brown. but with injuries and how much Oregon subs he would have had some touches. but between family issues (thats whats being reported) and opportunity he is leaving.

no where in the first 2 responses did anyone say not a big deal.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying its understandable why and questioning if it is or isn't is not saying it is a big deal.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
after I thought about it I said, to me, in my opinion, for 2016 it doesn't seem like it is a big deal. but I think for 17 it could be. still not saying that it is no big deal. Oregon has some nice talent coming up but its all based on potential. he was a highly reguarded recruit himself so future impact could be seen

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except when you actually say it's no big deal...which is exactly what you did.

:lol:
not as big a deal for 16 as for 17 is not saying its not a big deal, just not one right now. losing a 3rd maybe at best 2nd string WR on a team that uses 3 WR at a time isn't a huge deal. losing a Wr that had 5 catches last season isn't a huge deal. losing a young WR that was recruited by 20 other P5 schools, because he could potentially be good. could be a huge deal. Or he could be like Kyle Prater or Markeith Ambles. USC was fine after they left though but they also could have had better carreers if they stayed. maybe. but we'll never know. big deal? maybe maybe not.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon had 1 year without a QB ready. this year there is Jonsen who is ready but Prukop may still win the spot but it doesn't mean Jonsen wasn't ready just Prukop was better. the current coaching staff is new this year at OC and QB coach
Wait, all that did was prove his point for him. :L
Duck fans said they would be fine after Marsha left true? More than just the always blind OD said they had talent behind him and had that position covered after his departure.
Two full years later and none of that talent is even in the same hemisphere as he was. Hell, not even the same planet. The fact that a transfer student might beat out the best of whatever homegrown talent you have had over that span points out how far they all are. So those blind homer assertions about the next man up was entirely wrong. Not just a little but, but 100% dead wrong. Two straight years now your team has to go get lower tier teams transfers to put a band-aid on the problem.

The typical line by duck fans is that they aren't really a passing team anyway and they still can beat you with speed on the ground. Why not stick to that tired pile of BS and stop getting into these spats over what was painfully obvious to everyone with how far the QB position was going to slide with home grown talent after MM's exit?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait, all that did was prove his point for him. :L
Duck fans said they would be fine after Marsha left true? More than just the always blind OD said they had talent behind him and had that position covered after his departure.
Two full years later and none of that talent is even in the same hemisphere as he was. Hell, not even the same planet. The fact that a transfer student might beat out the best of whatever homegrown talent you have had over that span points out how far they all are. So those blind homer assertions about the next man up was entirely wrong. Not just a little but, but 100% dead wrong. Two straight years now your team has to go get lower tier teams transfers to put a band-aid on the problem.

The typical line by duck fans is that they aren't really a passing team anyway and they still can beat you with speed on the ground. Why not stick to that tired pile of BS and stop getting into these spats over what was painfully obvious to everyone with how far the QB position was going to slide with home grown talent after MM's exit?
There was unproven talent. that's what all the young recruits are. having 3 and 4* guys there yes it gives fans hope. but Mahalak didn't work for Oregon and he left. Lockie didn't pan out the way they hoped he would. Jonsen was hurt last season. and there were other transfers due to lack of playing time and opportunity. Oregon did need Adams last year. I don't think they "need" Prukop this year. doesn't mean I'm not happy to have him. talent is talent.
3639 yards rush vs 3358 passing yards last season. 3518 rushing vs 4687 passing in 14. 3556 rush vs 3789 pass in 13. 4098 rush vs 2888 pass in 12. 4189 rush vs 3130 pass in 11. so for the last 5 seasons that's 19000 rushing vs 17852 passing. the one thing they all have in common is top 10 offense before, with and after Mariota.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was unproven talent. that's what all the young recruits are. having 3 and 4* guys there yes it gives fans hope. but Mahalak didn't work for Oregon and he left. Lockie didn't pan out the way they hoped he would. Jonsen was hurt last season. and there were other transfers due to lack of playing time and opportunity. Oregon did need Adams last year. I don't think they "need" Prukop this year. doesn't mean I'm not happy to have him. talent is talent.
3639 yards rush vs 3358 passing yards last season. 3518 rushing vs 4687 passing in 14. 3556 rush vs 3789 pass in 13. 4098 rush vs 2888 pass in 12. 4189 rush vs 3130 pass in 11. so for the last 5 seasons that's 19000 rushing vs 17852 passing. the one thing they all have in common is top 10 offense before, with and after Mariota.

Opportunity? How much more Opportunity could they have? You just said these others didnt work out so if just one had the talent and was developed he should have locked up the spot.
Spin spin spin

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the duck's fans have to say is that Oregon has won with the likes of Dennis Dickson, Jerimiah Masoli and Darron Thomas, but nooooo :L

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that refutes what was said. Many duck fans told us about how great this staff was at bringing along talent and how little of a drop off they would have at the QB position because of it. So far since MM left they had to get a rent-an-arm that did well for them, but was injured and it was plain as day to see how absolutely piss poor the guys behind him were and now a second straight year where another rent-an-arm is likely to take the helm again. That's not an example of this staffs ability to identify and develop top QB talent.

Prukop is coming from a lower tier team. He's not some killer transfer from LSU or other high level program. He was sooooo good that no one from the upper teams recruited him. We know why Adams was at a lower program. His height was a big problem and his grades held him back. He was probably good enough to have played at many P5 level universities. Prukop? What's his excuse?

Either way what jim and the others are saying is still valid. They are laughing at duck fans and the words they used to describe what was going to happen after MM left and what really has happened.

And given that it continues to get a rise out of you I'd imagine we are going to see a lot more of it through the rest of the summer.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
None of that refutes what was said. Many duck fans told us about how great this staff was at bringing along talent and how little of a drop off they would have at the QB position because of it. So far since MM left they had to get a rent-an-arm that did well for them, but was injured and it was plain as day to see how absolutely piss poor the guys behind him were and now a second straight year where another rent-an-arm is likely to take the helm again. That's not an example of this staffs ability to identify and develop top QB talent.

Prukop is coming from a lower tier team. He's not some killer transfer from LSU or other high level program. He was sooooo good that no one from the upper teams recruited him. We know why Adams was at a lower program. His height was a big problem and his grades held him back. He was probably good enough to have played at many P5 level universities. Prukop? What's his excuse?

Either way what jim and the others are saying is still valid. They are laughing at duck fans and the words they used to describe what was going to happen after MM left and what really has happened.

And given that it continues to get a rise out of you I'd imagine we are going to see a lot more of it through the rest of the summer.
Every team misses on players. It hasn't even been 2 seasons and suddenly oregon can't recruit for shit. Please, no one knows whether or not the current staff can bring in and coach up talent. If in another couple years they still haven't pulled in some viable options THEN you might have a point. Right now this stuff means about as much as a pile of dog shit and smells almost as bad.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Opportunity? How much more Opportunity could they have? You just said these others didnt work out so if just one had the talent and was developed he should have locked up the spot.
Spin spin spin
transferred when Mariota won the job and when he came back for another year. no spin. I told you we went over all this before. the fact you are still arguing the same points tells me you don't pay attention.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team misses on players. It hasn't even been 2 seasons and suddenly oregon can't recruit for shit. Please, no one knows whether or not the current staff can bring in and coach up talent. If in another couple years they still haven't pulled in some viable options THEN you might have a point. Right now this stuff means about as much as a pile of dog shit and smells almost as bad.
It's only been two years? :L
First of all, if you aren't bringing in top QB talent every single class you have problems. So these guys have been at least trying to get the very best they can every year since Kelly left which is more than two years.

You have to have your heir apparent ready to go when your stud is on the way out. Your fans assured us they did and it's clear as day they didn't. That's what people have said. Your fans were wrong and that is a plain old fact.

This is Oregon we are talking about here. With all of the bling and all of that status you all believe you have. You guys haven't been able to find a QB worthy of leading your team since MM came on campus and he was recruited by Helfrich way back in 2010. That's a long ass time to go without finding quality.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the duck's fans have to say is that Oregon has won with the likes of Dennis Dickson, Jerimiah Masoli and Darron Thomas, but nooooo :L
have said that no around here pays attention to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.