• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duck fan to explain why this is "no big deal and he'll be easily replaced" in 3....2....
What's to explain? Oregon has been a run first team since forever, understandable why a WR would look elsewhere.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Duck fan to explain why this is "no big deal and he'll be easily replaced" in 3....2....
Hard to say. Dont know what he was fully capable of based on a small amount of time he saw last year. its possible he would have broke out but also that he could bust. dont want to say it is a big deal or not. he was probably going to be behind Griffin, Nelson, Allen, Stanford, Carrington, Ofodile, Mitchell and Brown. but with injuries and how much Oregon subs he would have had some touches. but between family issues (thats whats being reported) and opportunity he is leaving.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What's to explain? Oregon has been a run first team since forever, understandable why a WR would look elsewhere.

Hard to say. Dont know what he was fully capable of based on a small amount of time he saw last year. its possible he would have broke out but also that he could bust. dont want to say it is a big deal or not. he was probably going to be behind Griffin, Nelson, Allen, Stanford, Carrington, Ofodile, Mitchell and Brown. but with injuries and how much Oregon subs he would have had some touches. but between family issues (thats whats being reported) and opportunity he is leaving.

Told ya. :dhd:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
actually the announcement came a few days ago. doesnt look like anyone was going to say anything until you said something and no one actually said it was or wasnt a big deal.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say though this season not a big deal. next season is where we would see if it is or not.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gator chomp, Jaws music, Empire March.......Jesus, have you guys done anything original????

I guess the idea of a mountain lion actually living in a wheat field is something new.....

In your opinion no, but still only 1/2 less NC than the school who has a r*pe whistle when they get a touchdown .

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
again only because you even brought it up.
you wanna know why this doesn't feel like a big deal for the 2016 season. Merritt is coming off 5 catches 61 yards 0 TD 3 rushes for 13 yards 0 TD and he played in less than half the games last season. Merritt isnt listed in any 2 deep I have seen.
This isnt Freeman, Nelson, Carrington, or Stanford leaving the team. his 16 contribution likely would have been just over 100 yards. Unless 1 or 2 of those guys get hurt or have other issues. then it is a big deal for 16.
In 17 though when a few of those guys leave is where I think his leaving will be felt more because the depth starts to get younger at that point.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has lost big time WR before and still done fine with what they had. Allen did well with Houston last year but so did Addison, Carrington, Stanford, Nelson.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

"We will be fine without Chip Kelly, we wont lose a step" " we have QBs just as good as Marcus lined up, maybe even better"
Meanwhile in a place we call reality the ducks are thought to be the third best team in the north and have again failed to have a home grown QB ready to start an season when the current coaching staff has had four years to groom one.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep saying that but your whole thing is like if someone were to say "Helton won't be a good coach. Trojan fans to defend him in 3....2.....

I really don't care what people think of Helton. If he wins, they'll be wrong. If he doesn't, he'll be gone in pretty short order.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"We will be fine without Chip Kelly, we wont lose a step" " we have QBs just as good as Marcus lined up, maybe even better"
Meanwhile in a place we call reality the ducks are thought to be the third best team in the north and have again failed to have a home grown QB ready to start an season when the current coaching staff has had four years to groom one.
except after Kelly left Oregon really hasn't lost a step on offense. defense wasn't about Kelly leaving as much as it was Allioti. Oregon had 1 year without a QB ready. this year there is Jonsen who is ready but Prukop may still win the spot but it doesn't mean Jonsen wasn't ready just Prukop was better. the current coaching staff is new this year at OC and QB coach
Oregon is being projected anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the North (I think I saw a 4th somewhere too)

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except after Kelly left Oregon really hasn't lost a step on offense. defense wasn't about Kelly leaving as much as it was Allioti. Oregon had 1 year without a QB ready. this year there is Jonsen who is ready but Prukop may still win the spot but it doesn't mean Jonsen wasn't ready just Prukop was better. the current coaching staff is new this year at OC and QB coach
Oregon is being projected anywhere from 1st to 3rd in the North (I think I saw a 4th somewhere too)

Oregon hasn't had a starting QB (not one that's in because of injury) that isn't Marcus in four years . And this will be his second year gone. I don't care how you try to spin it , thats horrible. For one thing is says something (bad) about the development of that position and it says something about whos really in charge (like we don't know) of the football program. If you can't see the desperation there then you're blind. The person in charge (rhymes with pill)can't sell jerseys if he's not on TV in big games so Oregons gone the pro football route and is getting free agents QBs to try to stay relevant.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon hasn't had a starting QB (not one that's in because of injury) that isn't Marcus in four years . And this will be his second year gone. I don't care how you try to spin it , thats horrible. For one thing is says something (bad) about the development of that position and it says something about whos really in charge (like we don't know) of the football program. If you can't see the desperation there then you're blind. The person in charge (rhymes with pill)can't sell jerseys if he's not on TV in big games so Oregons gone the pro football route and is getting free agents QBs to try to stay relevant.
We've had this discussion ad nauseum. Not getting into it again. the only ones spinning anything is fans of other teams. Oregon fans know why it happened. Oregon fans know whats there and whats really going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.