• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I never liked Kessler's tendency to focus on one guy. I think it really hurt the offense late in games. Once the defense figured out that he wasn't looking for anyone else, they just focused on Juju (or Agholor before that) and got stops.

We have way too much talent at WR to be leaning so much on 1 guy.

Frustrating how it was so obvious with the fans in the stands and yet the coaching staff let it go on and on. I think if the past couple of coaches would have had Reggie Bush you would have never seen Lendale White who actually scored more TDs than Reggie.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrating how it was so obvious with the fans in the stands and yet the coaching staff let it go on and on. I think if the past couple of coaches would have had Reggie Bush you would have never seen Lendale White who actually scored more TDs than Reggie.

I agree. That got started with Kiffin when he had Barkley forcing the ball to Marqise Lee, then Sark allowed it to continue with Agholor and then Juju. By the time Helton took over, it was a little late to change it. This year, Helton seems to favor spreading the ball around and apparently that's been a strength of Max Browne all along.

Here's what Helton says:

One of the things you see right now is the number of balls being spread around. A lot of times, you've seen over the years the play caller designs that for a specific person. Right now, I really like the quarterbacks and what they're doing. They are playing against the defensive scheme and they're spreading the ball around and they're beating the coverage rather than focusing on one guy.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. That got started with Kiffin when he had Barkley forcing the ball to Marqise Lee, then Sark allowed it to continue with Agholor and then Juju. By the time Helton took over, it was a little late to change it. This year, Helton seems to favor spreading the ball around and apparently that's been a strength of Max Browne all along.

Here's what Helton says:

That sounds like he gets it. The offense was throttled the last couple of years with that philosophy of throwing 90% of the time to your best WR. I hear the freshmen WRs are flourishing.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That sounds like he gets it. The offense was throttled the last couple of years with that philosophy of throwing 90% of the time to your best WR. I hear the freshmen WRs are flourishing.

Yeah, that's why I was so supportive of Helton being hired. It seems like all he cares about is getting the football right and understands that if they do that, they'll win games and accolades for individual players will come along with the winning. Too often, under Kiffin and Sark, it seemed like they were trying to force things so that guys could win individual awards.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's why I was so supportive of Helton being hired. It seems like all he cares about is getting the football right and understands that if they do that, they'll win games and accolades for individual players will come along with the winning. Too often, under Kiffin and Sark, it seemed like they were trying to force things so that guys could win individual awards.
I think Blake Sims just threw it to Cooper again. :gaah:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like Dwayne Benjamin is going to go out for the Oregon football team now that his basketball eligability is up. was a 3 * WR coming out of HS as best I can find.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looking like Dwayne Benjamin is going to go out for the Oregon football team now that his basketball eligability is up. was a 3 * WR coming out of HS as best I can find.

Whats the rules on playing two sports? Can you use up four years playing one sport then as long as you're going for a masters you can use up another four playing another? I have no clue on this.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whats the rules on playing two sports? Can you use up four years playing one sport then as long as you're going for a masters you can use up another four playing another? I have no clue on this.
I think its like 5 years of eligability across all sports but can only participate in a sport for 4 years. so with the 5th you can play a different sport. had a guy do the same a few years ago.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe you if play football and another sport the same year, your scholarship is counted towards the football team no matter what.

ASJ joined the basketball team one year with the Huskies while he was on the football team. His scholarship counted towards the football team still no matter what.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe you if play football and another sport the same year, your scholarship is counted towards the football team no matter what.

ASJ joined the basketball team one year with the Huskies while he was on the football team. His scholarship counted towards the football team still no matter what.

Not allways. As we (SC fans) discussed we have a track athlete who might walk on to the football team this year and his scholarship will stay as a track scholarship. He would count towards the roster but not towards the scholarship limit

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It kind of depends. At USC, Randall Cunningham Jr. was a 3* qb coming out of high school and it looks like he'll be playing on the football team this fall, while still competing in track (he's an Olympic level high jumper), but his scholarship will still count as a track scholarship, not football.

The reason for this is because he was never recruited by USC's football team, has competed in track for 2 years without playing football. We have the opposite taking place with Adoree Jackson. He is an Olympic level long jumper and is competing for the track team, but his scholarship will still count against football because he was recruited by and played for the football team.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how it will work for Benjamin. He was never recruited by oregon football even though he was a 3* WR recruit out of HS. but since his eligability is up with basketball. so does he even have a scholarship anymore or is he a walk on to football?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know how it will work for Benjamin. He was never recruited by oregon football even though he was a 3* WR recruit out of HS. but since his eligability is up with basketball. so does he even have a scholarship anymore or is he a walk on to football?

Im curious about how the whole eligability thing goes. Do you have five years to play all the sports you can? Or could you play three in track then three in football? Or youd be limited to five years of eligability total no matter how many sports you play?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious about how the whole eligability thing goes. Do you have five years to play all the sports you can? Or could you play three in track then three in football? Or youd be limited to five years of eligability total no matter how many sports you play?
i believe it is 4 years of actually playing a sport but 5 years to do it. so in these cases of Lloyd and now Benjamin for Oregon they played 4 BBall and then 1 football. different from those that do both football and track. but then if they do like a redshirt then play for 4 thats it.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally pulled the trigger on season tickets for next season. I may only attend 1-2 games (1000 mile drive) but Stanford ticket office will sell your tickets on Stubhub for you.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Finally pulled the trigger on season tickets for next season. I may only attend 1-2 games (1000 mile drive) but Stanford ticket office will sell your tickets on Stubhub for you.

What would be your two choices?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would be your two choices?
$C ($C buddy in the bay area and I have 9 years of bets to settle) and Colorado (homecoming) most likely. Though, if I can get tickets, I would like to make it to Big Game this year at CAL.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$C ($C buddy in the bay area and I have 9 years of bets to settle) and Colorado (homecoming) most likely. Though, if I can get tickets, I would like to make it to Big Game this year at CAL.
lol. Nice. You've been on the winning side lately. Since Notre Dame is coming here I'm going to the bama game but the stanford game is always a fun trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.