• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice job. I figured since he's ran track and will continue to run track that would be the reason but had no idea about the stipulation about not being recruited by the football program. I wonder if he was being recruited to play football and by whom and at what point he decided to only run track. Logic says you would only go to the trouble (if you were trying to be sneaky) to do this for a really good player. But what really good player would agree to not play football for two years especially at USC were the football program has been so unstable and you don;t know who would be running the show in two years.

That, and the fact that he was a qb and at the time he would have been recruited for football, we had Cody Kessler, Max Wittek and Max Browne (Cunningham was only a 3 star qb), so there was really no need for him, especially since we were under reduced schollies.

Also, he is apparently an Olympic caliber high jumper, so he may have wanted to concentrate on that sport. My guess is that him walking on is probably the result of Adoree Jackson pestering him.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, always sad to see. No one wants to see any kid go through an entire lost season with one of those.

Is it me, or are those injuries coming far more frequently than they used to?

Anymore you look at spring ball and just wait as it seems many teams get at least one kid lost for the year to one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Read that in the paper this morning. It sucks. In theory, it shouldn't hurt too bad because Pendergast's defense only uses 3 down linemen with stand up edge rushers, so defensive line depth isn't as important as it was in Wilcox's defense.

Still sucks though because he was our most experienced interior lineman.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I care about round ball, more or less the woman's version of it, but congrats to the UW ladies BB squad for their first ever final 4 appearance in school history. And doing by beating the ever loving crap out of those nerds from Stanford had to be extra sweet. :suds:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I care about round ball, more or less the woman's version of it, but congrats to the UW ladies BB squad for their first ever final 4 appearance in school history. And doing by beating the ever loving crap out of those nerds from Stanford had to be extra sweet. :suds:

Stanford didn't want to be there.

:dhd:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, always sad to see. No one wants to see any kid go through an entire lost season with one of those.

Is it me, or are those injuries coming far more frequently than they used to?

Anymore you look at spring ball and just wait as it seems many teams get at least one kid lost for the year to one.
I have a theory that with all sports science we have athletes are getting a LOT more muscle mass, but their tendons can't really be improved upon. Thus, it's much easier for their bulky muscles to exceed what their tendons can handle.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should always care about you're whole athletic department. not only is it good for UW but it's good for the whole conference and as much as everyone likes to say "I don't care about the other PAC 12 teams" it can only be a positive. The PAC 12 women account for half of the final four which is awesome.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You should always care about you're whole athletic department. not only is it good for UW but it's good for the whole conference and as much as everyone likes to say "I don't care about the other PAC 12 teams" it can only be a positive. The PAC 12 women account for half of the final four which is awesome.
I def agree with the whole athletic department thing. Oregon has had ups and downs with soccer and volleyball, always good in cross country and both indoor and outdoor track and field. baseball and softball are doing well. You all know how Oregon football has been doing and now BBall has had a decent run of late.
but as for the rest of the Pac dont really care too much.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only time 'the rest of the pac' matters in terms of pulling for them is if it helps your team out to reach a better bowl/RPI/Rank etc. Outside of that, fuck them all. Didn't care one bit that the mens teams from the Pac all went out early. I'm far more likely to watch games with other Pac teams in them as I have more familiarity with them, but pulling for them to win? No way.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OSU's Jamie Wiesner is the best player in woman's CBB.
Hmm, not sure the stats agree with you. Even Kelsey Plum from UW is top 10 in more categories including 3rd overall in the nation in scoring. However I do believe Breanna Stewart from UCONN is considered the top player. Your girls do have like 2 or 3 of the top 25 though so it seems it's more about the team than one star.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome. Give her a pat on the ass for me then. :thumb:

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting read here. USC fans will remember locking in on juju smith and algholor the year before that. But seems to dequan Hampton seems to be suggesting team had better chemistry with max Browne even last year.

trojanfight

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting read here. USC fans will remember locking in on juju smith and algholor the year before that. But seems to dequan Hampton seems to be suggesting team had better chemistry with max Browne even last year.

Yeah, I never liked Kessler's tendency to focus on one guy. I think it really hurt the offense late in games. Once the defense figured out that he wasn't looking for anyone else, they just focused on Juju (or Agholor before that) and got stops.

We have way too much talent at WR to be leaning so much on 1 guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.