• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for mamba. You wanna whine and cry and run away when him and other duck fans get on you then swing on his nuts and say what a great guy and good dad and how much football he knows later . Good for you. Fucking weird but good for you. I just pointed out he's been an ass to other posters and when things don't go his teams way he melts down and has to walk away. If that's not a sign you're taking things too serious I don't know what is. Most of us smack talk and it's forgotten like it should be. So I'm an ass for saying we should have at least some decorum. lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought it was the Fresh Prince themesong at first.

Kelley's a good player, but #1 overall? He's not the best guy in the state next year. He's closer to Perkins as a recruit than he is Kyle Allen. I'm sure both in state schools would like to have him, but I never got the impression he was a Must Have Super Top Priority guy. Austin Jackson probably is. Lyles would be if it wasn't obvious he was going to Wisconsin 3 years ago.

I agree. He's a good QB but I didn't see anything that tells me he's a program changer. Now I wouldn't say I wouldn't take him at SC. Of course I would. But I watch Matt Finks tape and I see similar talent playing with less talent around him. Gonna be interesting.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,900.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, same raw ass melting down. Oh well. Some people just don't know when to stop I guess.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, same raw ass melting down. Oh well. Some people just don't know when to stop I guess.

LOL. If that's a melt down what you did when you cried and went home was what sparky? Going nuclear? F ing hilarious you're still trying to cling on. Sad but hilarious.
Let me give you a hint. I've been cracking up during all this. You've been like" get off my lawn !"old man.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving on Wiz. Lets move on. I think we entertained the group for a day at least.

Football talk please everyone!!!!!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randell Cunningham jr might join the football team as a walk on. He's been on the track team and earned All American honors. Since he's been running track for two years he wouldn't count against the football scholarship numbers. He's 6'6- 6'7" ( in the article they used both) and runs 4.4 40. They are thinking defensive side of the ball because QB is full of bodies , WR is full and TE he just doesnt have the bulk and he'd probably be reluctant to add weight that would affect his high jump. These things usually don't turn out but he's got a lot of football running through his veins. His dad obviously and his uncle was a USC great ,Sam "Bam" Cunningham .
Maybe edge rusher on third and long situations? Or safety ? With that speed and height he could get to a lot of throws.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Randell Cunningham jr might join the football team as a walk on. He's been on the track team and earned All American honors. Since he's been running track for two years he wouldn't count against the football scholarship numbers. He's 6'6- 6'7" ( in the article they used both) and runs 4.4 40. They are thinking defensive side of the ball because QB is full of bodies , WR is full and TE he just doesnt have the bulk and he'd probably be reluctant to add weight that would affect his high jump. These things usually don't turn out but he's got a lot of football running through his veins. His dad obviously and his uncle was a USC great ,Sam "Bam" Cunningham .
Maybe edge rusher on third and long situations? Or safety ? With that speed and height he could get to a lot of throws.

I like the idea of developing a guy like that. Heck, if nothing else, he could be used on "Hail Mary" type plays, like John Robinson used to use Keyshawn for on occasion. Lord knows we've been burned on a couple of those in the not too distant past. :L

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait what? I didnt think it mattered how long a person did another sport, the scholarship counted toward football.
Like I remember Jordan Kent who started in track and didnt come to football til his Junior year but I am pretty sure his scholarship went against football when he did

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he still runs track, I could see it only counting towards track and not football.

Kind of like when Austin Seferain-Jenkins played basketball for a year.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know the specifics. But i think the fact that hes ran track for two years hes allowed to play football. Hes on his track scholarship so he doesnt need another. Plus who would run track for two years then play football to skirt the rules?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know the specifics. But i think the fact that hes ran track for two years hes allowed to play football. Hes on his track scholarship so he doesnt need another. Plus who would run track for two years then play football to skirt the rules?
For Kent it wasnt about skirting any rules. He got a track scholarship because thats where he was best. then he tried out for BBall and made the team (prob helped that his dad was still coach) he was a good defensive player. then decided to go for football and made the team there too. and as far as I knew Basketball took over the track scholarship then football took that one up.
I dont know what rule you think was being skirted

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone who plays football while on scholarship is counted against the football scholarship limit. Not an issue for USC at this time since they are not at their 85 last I checked.

NCAA Division I - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://www.ncaapublications.com/productdownloads/D116.pdf

The article said hes on track scholership and will be a walk on to the football team. That he would count as a roster spot but not count as a scholarship because hes done track for two years and its still his main sport. Not saying youre wrong but thats what the article said

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Kent it wasnt about skirting any rules. He got a track scholarship because thats where he was best. then he tried out for BBall and made the team (prob helped that his dad was still coach) he was a good defensive player. then decided to go for football and made the team there too. and as far as I knew Basketball took over the track scholarship then football took that one up.
I dont know what rule you think was being skirted

I wasn't talking about any particular player or team or situation. My comment was because I'm sure teams in the past probably tried to skirt the scholarship limit for football by getting a player to play another sport .
Im saying running track for two years would be a crazy way to try to skirt that. I couldnt see anyone agreeing to that.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for mamba. You wanna whine and cry and run away when him and other duck fans get on you then swing on his nuts and say what a great guy and good dad and how much football he knows later . Good for you. Fucking weird but good for you. I just pointed out he's been an ass to other posters and when things don't go his teams way he melts down and has to walk away. If that's not a sign you're taking things too serious I don't know what is. Most of us smack talk and it's forgotten like it should be. So I'm an ass for saying we should have at least some decorum. lol

Mamba tells his buddies hi.

You rant for days trying to convince us all what a horrible guy he is then accuse someone else of "taking things too seriously" and calling for "decorum".

Just fucking wow. :L

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mamba tells his buddies hi.

You rant for days trying to convince us all what a horrible guy he is then accuse someone else of "taking things too seriously" and calling for "decorum".

Just fucking wow. :L

Learn to read. I welcomed him back and he went back to being in ass in about three posts. I wrote you can be a good dad or what ever away from here but when you write shit he's written it does us here little good. I know he's one of your boys but I don't need to convince anyone he's been an ass sometimes and yes of course he's been entertaining many times . I don't want to re post some of the shit he's written but where was your Just fucking wow back then? Where? Oh he's ok to post that shit but me. Just fucking wow huh. Next time I get so worked up I have to step away because it's gotten to much you can lecture me about taking things too seriously. Last time I checked I dropped the whole thing and we were talking football here.

Back to the topic. Here's what the article said
"
Cunningham became the first USC freshman ever to earn All-American status in their first season in 2015 and will complete his sophomore season with track and field this spring.

With two years as a track athlete under his belt, Cunningham is eligible to join the football team as a walk on in the fall without counting against the Trojans scholarship numbers on football."

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't talking about any particular player or team or situation. My comment was because I'm sure teams in the past probably tried to skirt the scholarship limit for football by getting a player to play another sport .
Im saying running track for two years would be a crazy way to try to skirt that. I couldnt see anyone agreeing to that.
thats why the scholarship moves to football. so that teams cant do that

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted UO to go after the Hawaiin kid. But Helf was always about the #1 dual threat and likely #1 overall player in 2017 class. Ryan Kelly.

This kid was never on Ducks radar as Kelly was their guy from the go.

More wishful thinking. Hate on fuckers.

:mamba:

i guess he's got the year to move up in the rankings. currently he's not rated in the top 100 by any recruiting site unless he's going to change his name to tate martell overnight. that makes the hawaiian kid higher rated too. but i guess your playing with a different bag of marbles in mamba land

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to the topic. Here's what the article said
"
Cunningham became the first USC freshman ever to earn All-American status in their first season in 2015 and will complete his sophomore season with track and field this spring.

With two years as a track athlete under his belt, Cunningham is eligible to join the football team as a walk on in the fall without counting against the Trojans scholarship numbers on football."

Here is what I found re: his schollie not counting towards football:

According to NCAA rules, for multi-sport athletes, if the athlete is not a "recruited" football player and isn't offered financial aid by the football program, he can walk on and be counted as a track athlete.

"But how does that prevent schools from getting the track team, basketball team, etc. from using scholarships to get players for the football team, oh wise one?:D

I'm glad you asked.

According to NCAA by-law 15.5.9.6: After 2 years, he would be free to participate in football games and still be counted toward the track scholarship limit rather than football as long as he was still actively competing for the track team.

So, because he was never recruited or offered by the football team, has not competed for the football in 2 years and is still actively competing for the track team, he can play football and not have it count towards the football scholarship limit.

This is the opposite of Adoree Jackson who also competes on the track team. He was recruited by the football team, signed a football scholarship and played for the football team. His scholarship counts against the football scholarship limit, but not the track limit.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is what I found re: his schollie not counting towards football:

According to NCAA rules, for multi-sport athletes, if the athlete is not a "recruited" football player and isn't offered financial aid by the football program, he can walk on and be counted as a track athlete.

"But how does that prevent schools from getting the track team, basketball team, etc. from using scholarships to get players for the football team, oh wise one?:D

I'm glad you asked.

According to NCAA by-law 15.5.9.6: After 2 years, he would be free to participate in football games and still be counted toward the track scholarship limit rather than football as long as he was still actively competing for the track team.

So, because he was never recruited or offered by the football team, has not competed for the football in 2 years and is still actively competing for the track team, he can play football and not have it count towards the football scholarship limit.

This is the opposite of Adoree Jackson who also competes on the track team. He was recruited by the football team, signed a football scholarship and played for the football team. His scholarship counts against the football scholarship limit, but not the track limit.

Nice job. I figured since he's ran track and will continue to run track that would be the reason but had no idea about the stipulation about not being recruited by the football program. I wonder if he was being recruited to play football and by whom and at what point he decided to only run track. Logic says you would only go to the trouble (if you were trying to be sneaky) to do this for a really good player. But what really good player would agree to not play football for two years especially at USC were the football program has been so unstable and you don;t know who would be running the show in two years.

Status
Not open for further replies.