• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You believe in fairy tales. If there's one position and one moment in time where people are going to skirt the rules its the graduate QB and his parents his agent looking for a place for him to play one final season. If you think schools are waiting till they hit the open market you believe in fairy tales. I'm not specifically pointing at Oregon. I bet every school goes on the down low at this point.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You believe in fairy tales. If there's one position and one moment in time where people are going to skirt the rules its the graduate QB and his parents his agent looking for a place for him to play one final season. If you think schools are waiting till they hit the open market you believe in fairy tales. I'm not specifically pointing at Oregon. I bet every school goes on the down low at this point.
not all of them wish to transfer. why waste time to find out if they arent going to. I also doubt schools are looking at every FCS school wondering who is graduating and who is not and therefore eligible for transfer. Also college kids staying in college cant have agents.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not all of them wish to transfer. why waste time to find out if they arent going to. I also doubt schools are looking at every FCS school wondering who is graduating and who is not and therefore eligible for transfer. Also college kids staying in college cant have agents.
I'm saying the kid who has been told he's really good and is thinking about will have someone contacts possible schools. I'm saying those schools will get word of their interest. If you think Vernon Adams and oregon first talked after he officially declared his intention to pursue his final year somewhere else well I think you're being a bit naive. Kids can't sign with an agent. There's a difference.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm saying the kid who has been told he's really good and is thinking about will have someone contacts possible schools. I'm saying those schools will get word of their interest. If you think Vernon Adams and oregon first talked after he officially declared his intention to pursue his final year somewhere else well I think you're being a bit naive. Kids can't sign with an agent. There's a difference.
I dont think it is naive to think that a school like Oregon who was just under fire for recruiting issues is going to play it safe and not violate more rules such as trying to recruit a player from another school.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it is naive to think that a school like Oregon who was just under fire for recruiting issues is going to play it safe and not violate more rules such as trying to recruit a player from another school.

The same school who didnt think they did anything wrong in that case? That they just paid more than usual for recruiting services? I didn't say schools send someone officially and try the kids out. I'm saying someone on the kids side lets someone know he's interested in that program and they in turn lets it be known unofficially that they have interest. I'm not saying it's dastardly I'm just saying this probably happens. Heck if I had a son who has played at a lower college and has one year left and I'm being told he's D1 material and could go to a team that has national exposure I'm going to want to know who might be interested.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The same school who didnt think they did anything wrong in that case? That they just paid more than usual for recruiting services? I didn't say schools send someone officially and try the kids out. I'm saying someone on the kids side lets someone know he's interested in that program and they in turn lets it be known unofficially that they have interest. I'm not saying it's dastardly I'm just saying this probably happens. Heck if I had a son who has played at a lower college and has one year left and I'm being told he's D1 material and could go to a team that has national exposure I'm going to want to know who might be interested.
Paying more than other schools but stil paying under the amount that would have been against the rules. basically they got penalized for going exactly the speed limit while everyone esle was going 5 under.
for a player that never played a down for the school. and God forbid someone suggest to smaller player to go to a school that has had success with smaller backs instead of suggesting a Big 10 school that likes em big.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paying more than other schools but stil paying under the amount that would have been against the rules. basically they got penalized for going exactly the speed limit while everyone esle was going 5 under.
for a player that never played a down for the school. and God forbid someone suggest to smaller player to go to a school that has had success with smaller backs instead of suggesting a Big 10 school that likes em big.

I can't say I followed that case closely but didn't they pay a guy for what services do and they paid him way more than people pay services and when it came down to it he didn't have the info that services provide or the info Oregon showed the NCAA was very outdated. That he was basically paid for his access to these players and his influence not what recruiting services sell . Thats going the speed limit? So eleven years ago a guy in texas recommended Oregon to a running back just out of the blue huh? LOL. Rainbow unicorns again.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't say I followed that case closely but didn't they pay a guy for what services do and they paid him way more than people pay services and when it came down to it he didn't have the info that services provide or the info Oregon showed the NCAA was very outdated. That he was basically paid for his access to these players and his influence not what recruiting services sell . Thats going the speed limit? So eleven years ago a guy in texas recommended Oregon to a running back just out of the blue huh? LOL. Rainbow unicorns again.
you telling me you never bought something and didnt get your money's worth? or it wasnt as advertised? again paying more than others because that's what he charged them but still within the amount deemed allowable by the NCAA.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats why oregon didnt get hit as bad as many thought they would

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont remember that one

Thought I read that back when it was going on. Could be wrong though. I remember there was one recruit they had info. that really stood out as being particularly shaky and I thought I remembered that being the reason.

I do remember that some of them were already in college.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought I read that back when it was going on. Could be wrong though. I remember there was one recruit they had info. that really stood out as being particularly shaky and I thought I remembered that being the reason.

already being in college i do remember but not a dead one. but maybe

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is still full of soon to be rapists, women beaters and future serial killers

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW is still full of soon to be rapists, women beaters and future serial killers
Honestly, EVERY CFB team with a pulse likely has guys that could and would do questionable things if they don't have the right people around them.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you telling me you never bought something and didnt get your money's worth? or it wasnt as advertised? again paying more than others because that's what he charged them but still within the amount deemed allowable by the NCAA.

Don't be naive. Or don't act naive. Chip Kelly isn't an idiot. He's not going to pay 25K for way less than what people are selling for 5k. He got what he was paying for. influence and access to these young players in Texas. Thats why he got hit way more than Pete did even though the Reggie Bush case was more in the spotlight.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The NCAA could tell they scrambled to put somthing together to look like they guy was actually doing the same thing recruiting services do but in reality he didnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.