• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bugging anyone else that socal is using payed and paid in the same paragraph? Not trying to be a Grammar Gestapo, but choose one, even if it's the wrong one, and stick with it.:gaah:

th?&id=OIP.M39b7b7d7884fd840210ed8d1db66dfe2o0&w=250&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0&r=0.jpg

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it bugging anyone else that socal is using payed and paid in the same paragraph? Not trying to be a Grammar Gestapo, but choose one, even if it's the wrong one, and stick with it.:gaah:

All that back and forth and that's what bugs you? Not that fellow Duck can't comprehend why Oregon got in trouble. Oh ,are you sure the word grammar should be capitalized in your sentence? I mean since we are now judging grammar.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All that back and forth and that's what bugs you? Not that fellow Duck can't comprehend why Oregon got in trouble. Oh ,are you sure the word grammar should be capitalized in your sentence? I mean since we are now judging grammar.
I capitalized the "g" because I think "Grammar Gestapo" is a funny title.

As far as the back and forth on the topic being discussed I went at it with Fuskie fans years ago and don't really care about it any more. It is in the past and unless Oregon does something again before their probation is up I'll leave it there. Do I think something shady was happening? More than likely, but I also think similar shit was and is happening at every major program. Oregon just happened to get caught because their guy fucked up and snitched to shift it away from him.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I capitalized the "g" because I think "Grammar Gestapo" is a funny title.

As far as the back and forth on the topic being discussed I went at it with Fuskie fans years ago and don't really care about it any more. It is in the past and unless Oregon does something again before their probation is up I'll leave it there. Do I think something shady was happening? More than likely, but I also think similar shit was and is happening at every major program. Oregon just happened to get caught because their guy fucked up and snitched to shift it away from him.

When I first got on this site I was arguing with a Husky fan and he was trying to be something he's not and was totally making words up . I got yelled at by others here saying we aren't here for grammar lessons. lol
Doesn't everyone who get's in trouble just happened to get caught? lol. I also said that I didn't think it was so dark and evil. But it was obvious what they were trying to do and they got caught.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When I first got on this site I was arguing with a Husky fan and he was trying to be something he's not and was totally making words up . I got yelled at by others here saying we aren't here for grammar lessons. lol
Doesn't everyone who get's in trouble just happened to get caught? lol. I also said that I didn't think it was so dark and evil. But it was obvious what they were trying to do and they got caught.
No worries. It's just the payed and paid together just kinda irked me so I thought I'd make a joke. Nothing against you personally.:suds:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries. It's just the payed and paid together just kinda irked me so I thought I'd make a joke. Nothing against you personally.:suds:

No problem. Learning to not take things personal. I have always been terrible at spelling and grammar but I do read about 6-8 books a year so you'd think I'd get better. Payed and paid confuse me so I guess I figured if I use them both I got it covered.lol

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my understanding is payed is just a really outdated use

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man this off season sucks.

Who's got the best QB in the pac this season?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know about QB but I will take Freeman as best RB. McCaffery as best utility all purpose type player tho

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard call on who will have the best QB a ton of teams are going to be breaking in new ones and aren't set on who the starter will be. I like the way the kid the Fuskies have. If he can continue to progress he will be pretty good. Falk for the Cougars had some real flashes last season too. Anu had a Soph slump but if he returns to his freshman form could be good too. Rosen is probably the safest bet at this point, but whomever wins the job for the Trojans has some great WRs to throw to and could make some noise as well. Oregon will likely be starting Prukop but lost a good portion of their experience in the WR corps, so who knows. Stanford and Cal both lost long time starters and are up in the air. As are ASU and Utah. The Beavs and Buffs aren't really in consideration are they? Overall, there was a lot of turnover in PAC 12 passers this year so calling the best QB in the conference is near impossible.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really hard call on who will have the best QB a ton of teams are going to be breaking in new ones and aren't set on who the starter will be. I like the way the kid the Fuskies have. If he can continue to progress he will be pretty good. Falk for the Cougars had some real flashes last season too. Anu had a Soph slump but if he returns to his freshman form could be good too. Rosen is probably the safest bet at this point, but whomever wins the job for the Trojans has some great WRs to throw to and could make some noise as well. Oregon will likely be starting Prukop but lost a good portion of their experience in the WR corps, so who knows. Stanford and Cal both lost long time starters and are up in the air. As are ASU and Utah. The Beavs and Buffs aren't really in consideration are they? Overall, there was a lot of turnover in PAC 12 passers this year so calling the best QB in the conference is near impossible.

One of the first years in a while it's like this. Usually the Paque has two or three veterans that are known commodities.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snoop's son coming back to UCLA team.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Snoop's son coming back to UCLA team.

Yeah, he's coming back as a non-scholarship walk on. I guess whatever business dream he wanted to pursue must not have gone as well as he had hoped.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Read that the PAC has committed another 3 years to playing the bball tourney in Vegas. Good call. The stands are way more packed than when it was held in LA. Good call by the commish on trying it in Vegas and the increased cred it's brought the conf.

Status
Not open for further replies.