• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You go Wallace. Man's gotta have a dream or two.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Beavers and the rest of the crappy PAC members should get 15 more schollies/year than those elite PAC4 for the next 10 years AND a higher cash infusion as well. You know who you are.

eat shit-n-die on that "#BuildingTheDam" garbage....
wait so who are you considering the elite Pac 4? I would guess Stanford, Oregon, USC and ? UCLA?

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Beavers and the rest of the crappy PAC members should get 15 more schollies/year than those elite PAC4 for the next 10 years AND a higher cash infusion as well. You know who you are.

Yeah, fuck dem rich bastids. We ain't gonna let the man keep us down wallace. We gonna riiiise.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tumblr_n3fcibZjg61twvle5o1_500.gif

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised neither SC vs ND nor Stanford vs ND made the list. Most of the way too early preseason predictions have ND and Stanford in their top 10.
ND Stanford should be a great game. I think they have both won at home the past couple years.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised Washington@Oregon isn't on that list. Yes, the Ducks have dominated the recent past, but judging by the way things looked at the end of last season the Huskies were trending up and the Ducks are going through some problems. The streak has to end eventually, and the way I see it this upcoming season is UW best chance in a long time to grab a win.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm a bit surprised Washington@Oregon isn't on that list. Yes, the Ducks have dominated the recent past, but judging by the way things looked at the end of last season the Huskies were trending up and the Ducks are going through some problems. The streak has to end eventually, and the way I see it this upcoming season is UW best chance in a long time to grab a win.

Interesting game but not compelling not yet. Not until Washington beats them. If they were to beat them this year I wonder if the story would be the rise of the Huskies or the downfall of the Ducks.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting game but not compelling not yet. Not until Washington beats them. If they were to beat them this year I wonder if the story would be the rise of the Huskies or the downfall of the Ducks.
kind of depends on the overall not just the one game.
I mean if UW beats Oregon but Oregon is still 11-1 and UW is 1-11 you cant really say either. while if UW beats Oregon and Oregon goes 7-5 while UW is 11-1 then you probably see both. but then again that one game isnt going to be the decider because there would be other big wins and losses in there.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That outcome at Autzen would have to be seen as some of both unless it's due to some fluke play, bad officiating, etc.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon won big .I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon won by less than a TD . I'd be surprised if the huskies won. I still think Oregon winning big is more a possibility than the others but this isn't Chip kellys ducks and I think the farther they get away from his influence the less they will be that Oregon. But they are still up there with Stanford as the best in the PAC .

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon won big .I wouldn't be surprised if Oregon won by less than a TD . I'd be surprised if the huskies won. I still think Oregon winning big is more a possibility than the others but this isn't Chip kellys ducks and I think the farther they get away from his influence the less they will be that Oregon. But they are still up there with Stanford as the best in the PAC .
The huskies defense was the best in the pack and their QB was looking pretty good by the end of the season. I think they are going to be the dark horse in the conference this year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The huskies defense was the best in the pack and their QB was looking pretty good by the end of the season. I think they are going to be the dark horse in the conference this year.
their schedule sets up well too. I could see them at about 9-3 or even 10-2 and in contention for the North title toward the end but they have Stanford and Oregon early in the season so there may be some out of their control waiting to see how other games play out.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
their schedule sets up well too. I could see them at about 9-3 or even 10-2 and in contention for the North title toward the end but they have Stanford and Oregon early in the season so there may be some out of their control waiting to see how other games play out.
Gotta remember both the trees and the Ducks are going to be breaking in new QB's this season there very well could be a hiccup for one or both of them against that defense. I hope it doesn't happen to the Ducks in Autzen, but I won't be shocked if the winning streak doesn't reach 13.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's better for them to have Stanford and Oregon early. As CCF points out, both are breaking in new qb's. If they don't have the offense mastered by the time they play UW, that defense could give them real problems.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have pointed out, the x-factor in this game is the time of the year it is happening. Oregon is once again looking like they will be starting a 5th year transfer at QB and this time it isn't one coming in as dominating as Adams was at the lower level. And they are switching over to a new DC. Both of those might work out well, but how long until they are up to full speed?

Look, UW has their own issues. People can project further development based on last year, but until it happens it's just conjecture. We think Browning has an upward track, but will Smith keep him growing this year, or will he hit a sophomore slump? The O line now has some experience, but can they keep improving? Who are the threats on offense going to be? After Jaydon graduated there are questions in that receiver corp. They have burned a lot of what should have been red shirt seasons out of necessity. And it will be a couple of more years until we see Petersen seniors on the field.

Say what you want about what many feel is a backward trend from Oregon, but they still have seasoned and experienced veterans all over the field. They should have the edge in raw athleticism and talent versus most every team they face. It will still take a full 4 quarters of mostly mistake free football to beat them.

However, note it isn't UW fans bringing up the ducks game. Given how soft the schedule is for UW the overall goal of raw win numbers and the advancement of the offense are the big goals. They need to get at least one good upset win somewhere on the schedule and take care of the games they should win. This is a process toward becoming a viable year in and year out threat. We just need to see progress taken toward that goal. That's all I'm really concerned with as a fan.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Uncle Phil wants to test equipment he gives money to Oregon. When he wants to create game changers he gives $400 million to Stanford.

"Ambitious in scope and scale, Knight-Hennessy Scholars will annually admit 100 high-achieving students with demonstrated leadership and civic commitment, who are nominated by their undergraduate universities. The goal is to select students from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities. Upon admittance to Stanford's graduate programs, scholars will receive funding for three years to pursue master's or doctorate level degrees, or professional programs along with education in leadership, innovation and other curricula designed to develop scholars' capacity to lead ambitious change in a complex world.

[...]

With a $750 million endowment, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars will be the largest fully endowed scholarship program in the world. More than 80 percent of the endowment will directly support the scholars, fully funding their graduate education and living expenses. The program represents the largest single increase in student financial aid in Stanford's history. The scale of funding for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars will ensure continuity for generations to come."

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And kind of a bizarre back story, but add one more to the Utah 2016 class....

4-star DE Maxs Tupai (SLC, UT) has finally signed his LOI with Utah.

One of the top recruits out of the state of Utah this year. He telegraphed he wasn't going to commit to any school on any type of schedule and would do so when he was ready. And thus didn't sign with Utah or Oklahoma which were considering his top choices as the day approached.

So there you go, Utah's class is now complete....

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When Uncle Phil wants to test equipment he gives money to Oregon. When he wants to create game changers he gives $400 million to Stanford.

"Ambitious in scope and scale, Knight-Hennessy Scholars will annually admit 100 high-achieving students with demonstrated leadership and civic commitment, who are nominated by their undergraduate universities. The goal is to select students from a wide range of backgrounds and nationalities. Upon admittance to Stanford's graduate programs, scholars will receive funding for three years to pursue master's or doctorate level degrees, or professional programs along with education in leadership, innovation and other curricula designed to develop scholars' capacity to lead ambitious change in a complex world.

[...]

With a $750 million endowment, the Knight-Hennessy Scholars will be the largest fully endowed scholarship program in the world. More than 80 percent of the endowment will directly support the scholars, fully funding their graduate education and living expenses. The program represents the largest single increase in student financial aid in Stanford's history. The scale of funding for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars will ensure continuity for generations to come."
If I was rich and wanted the top minds to brain storm solutions to the world's problems I'd donate to Stanford over Oregon too. It's no secret they have some of the best intellects in the world working and studying there.

Status
Not open for further replies.