• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just looking to ruffle a few Ducks feathers. :heh:

As for USC being back. I'm going with almost. I think it'll be 2017 before we will be able to say that we are truly back.

We've had some good recruiting classes and the past 2, we have actually been able to recruit full classes, which helps. We're still going to be pretty young, but a lot of our guys were able to get valuable experience that they may not have if we were at full numbers. Returning 9 starters on offense (and 6 on defense) is nice, I just wish that the QB was one of them. Bama is a tough test for a QB making his first start.

I like Helton as HC and I really like the hires he has made for assistant coaches. The only question mark among those, imo, is promoting Tee Martin to OC. That's not a question re: his ability, but rather his experience. We just don't know how he'll perform.

For this coming season, I could see a potentially slow start because the opening to the season is pretty brutal. We have 'Bama, Utah St. (not brutal, but usually decent), Stanford and Utah. I'd love to go 4-0, but 3-1 or 2-2 is more realistic. Then we close the season with Oregon, UW, UCLA and Notre Dame.

I think it's fair to say that we should be favored to win the PAC South again and I'd give us a better shot at winning the CCG than we really had last year.
That's a brutal 2016 schedule, that has to be right on top of the SOS list.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think Andersen is regretting leaving Wisconsin yet?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it was the second worst in the last decade but addressed spots Oregon needed help at. it was nearly split even between offense and defense players. primarily 3 star guys with a handful of 4. no 5 stars but Oregon only brings in a 5 every couple years anyway. kamaumatule last year, Tyner in 13, Armstead in 12, Seastrunk in 10

Probably the most important goal of recruiting. What counts too is what the coaches can do with what they get. We have proof of that in the PAC.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thomas tyner taking medical retirement from football.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guys. I want to tell you all I am sorry for acting up again last night. I read it. What I said in re: to Wiz's family was classless and unacceptable. I am sorry for that and apologize to him first. And the rest of yall next.

Apparently it took me this long to realize that when I get drunk enough I turn into a giant Internet asshole. That is not who I am in real life. This place turns into a game for me when I get piss drunk. And it ruins the SportsHoopla experience for many. And for that, I am sorry.

I am going to step away for a while. I want to quit message board life. But likely I won't. I should, but I probably won't. I will still be on to Help Hammer and ford in time. I love SportsHoopla, but it has gotten to a point of me not caring. And not caring leads to extremely obnoxious me.

Sorry. For those who have my number, yes all of you who do ( :wink: ) Text or call if you have questions or wanna chat. For those I have met in person, I am really embarrassed that you actually know me and can put a face to the terrible things I said. Shameful.

I am writing this now, but am going to respond to a couple pms tonight.

Anyways, I wish you all a fun football season.

All the best,

WM
You need to post again.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A&M offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach Jake Spavital is expected to be the new offensive coordinator for California coach Sonny Dykes, according to sources.

One of college football's brightest young offensive minds, the 30-year-old Spavital and Texas A&M decided to mutually “part ways” last month, but he had two guaranteed years still remaining on his contract. Spavital interviewed recently with Dykes and had also received NFL interest, according to sources.

Has a rep of being very good at developing QBs, he did some very nice work with Johnny Manziel at A&M and Geno Atkins at West Virginia where he was the QB coach for two years before joining A&M.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has a rep of being very good at developing QBs, he did some very nice work with Johnny Manziel at A&M and Geno Atkins at West Virginia where he was the QB coach for two years before joining A&M.

Yep. They've both had stellar NFL careers. :heh:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Former UW and current Stanford DL coach Randy Hart retiring after 46 years in the business. Thanks coach!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
giphy.gif

3-star RB Connor Wedington (Sumner, WA) has committed to Washington. As a junior, he rushed for 1,501 yards and 22 touchdowns on 188 carries in 11 games.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 87500

3-star RB Connor Wedington (Sumner, WA) has committed to Washington. As a junior, he rushed for 1,501 yards and 22 touchdowns on 188 carries in 11 games.
Shocking that a kid from WA would commit to the huskies... he has to drive all of 30 minutes to be home. That said if he has similar numbers his senior year expect some team to try to flip him.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shocking that a kid from WA would commit to the huskies... he has to drive all of 30 minutes to be home. That said if he has similar numbers his senior year expect some team to try to flip him.
You haven't spent much time in western washington have you? :tsk: 30 minutes will get you maybe 10 miles. Sumner to UW? Try at least 1.5 hours.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You haven't spent much time in western washington have you? :tsk: 30 minutes will get you maybe 10 miles. Sumner to UW? Try at least 1.5 hours.
Of course it would if traffic is bad, but still it's in the SEA-TAC greater metro area so this is probably about as shocking as saying water is wet.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course it would if traffic is bad, but still it's in the SEA-TAC greater metro area so this is probably about as shocking as saying water is wet.
I was just bitching about the traffic. Didn't say anything about that commit. It's the off season.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just bitching about the traffic. Didn't say anything about that commit. It's the off season.
Yeah I've driven that stretch of I5 during rush hour a couple times. It's one of the main reasons I wouldn't want to live in Seattle.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Oregon got another graduate transfer for the O line from Dayton this time.

Question: should transfers count toward recruiting class rankings? should they count toward the class they will graduate with like retro 4 years?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like Oregon got another graduate transfer for the O line from Dayton this time.

Question: should transfers count toward recruiting class rankings? should they count toward the class they will graduate with like retro 4 years?

No. They shouldn't count. Be it transfers as sophomores or later.

The 5th year system is starting to be heavily abused by the athletics before academics schools. It's becoming another tool for college programs to treat their rosters like its the NFL (signing vets to 1 year FA deals) just to plug depth holes in their rosters.

And because of this, many schools won't accept these 5th year senior transfers as the only reason they're on campus is to play sports and end up in joke classes like ballroom dancing and sports marketing. The admins of the schools have made it clear to the coaches they won't accept these 5th year senior transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.