• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If by worst, you mean awesome. I agree. Shits still funny.

It's Oregon football in a nutshell.
how exactly is that Oregon football in a nutshell? 1 guy does it 1 time

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how exactly is that Oregon football in a nutshell? 1 guy does it 1 time

He's a microcosm of a good chunk of the Ducks fanbase. Always wanting to talk shit and fight when they come up short (again).

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ducks class was pretty meh this year. Hopefully Hoke will right the ship on the D and they will get back into the upper teens next year.
it was the second worst in the last decade but addressed spots Oregon needed help at. it was nearly split even between offense and defense players. primarily 3 star guys with a handful of 4. no 5 stars but Oregon only brings in a 5 every couple years anyway. kamaumatule last year, Tyner in 13, Armstead in 12, Seastrunk in 10

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a microcosm of a good chunk of the Ducks fanbase. Always wanting to talk shit and fight when they come up short (again).
I dont think losing the game is what made him punch a guy talk shit to his face and then going at a crowd using racial slurs as he was leaving.
speaking of coming up short is this the year USC is back because we been hearing it a lot lately?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think losing the game is what made him punch a guy talk shit to his face and then going at a crowd using racial slurs as he was leaving.
speaking of coming up short is this the year USC is back because we been hearing it a lot lately?

I'm just looking to ruffle a few Ducks feathers. :heh:

As for USC being back. I'm going with almost. I think it'll be 2017 before we will be able to say that we are truly back.

We've had some good recruiting classes and the past 2, we have actually been able to recruit full classes, which helps. We're still going to be pretty young, but a lot of our guys were able to get valuable experience that they may not have if we were at full numbers. Returning 9 starters on offense (and 6 on defense) is nice, I just wish that the QB was one of them. Bama is a tough test for a QB making his first start.

I like Helton as HC and I really like the hires he has made for assistant coaches. The only question mark among those, imo, is promoting Tee Martin to OC. That's not a question re: his ability, but rather his experience. We just don't know how he'll perform.

For this coming season, I could see a potentially slow start because the opening to the season is pretty brutal. We have 'Bama, Utah St. (not brutal, but usually decent), Stanford and Utah. I'd love to go 4-0, but 3-1 or 2-2 is more realistic. Then we close the season with Oregon, UW, UCLA and Notre Dame.

I think it's fair to say that we should be favored to win the PAC South again and I'd give us a better shot at winning the CCG than we really had last year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just looking to ruffle a few Ducks feathers. :heh:

As for USC being back. I'm going with almost. I think it'll be 2017 before we will be able to say that we are truly back.

We've had some good recruiting classes and the past 2, we have actually been able to recruit full classes, which helps. We're still going to be pretty young, but a lot of our guys were able to get valuable experience that they may not have if we were at full numbers. Returning 9 starters on offense (and 6 on defense) is nice, I just wish that the QB was one of them. Bama is a tough test for a QB making his first start.

I like Helton as HC and I really like the hires he has made for assistant coaches. The only question mark among those, imo, is promoting Tee Martin to OC. That's not a question re: his ability, but rather his experience. We just don't know how he'll perform.

For this coming season, I could see a potentially slow start because the opening to the season is pretty brutal. We have 'Bama, Utah St. (not brutal, but usually decent), Stanford and Utah. I'd love to go 4-0, but 3-1 or 2-2 is more realistic. Then we close the season with Oregon, UW, UCLA and Notre Dame.

I think it's fair to say that we should be favored to win the PAC South again and I'd give us a better shot at winning the CCG than we really had last year.

I honestly dont know if I can see anyone else winning the south other than USC but even they have questions.
UCLA should be right there to challenge I suppose. but they have been under achieving.
Utah loses a lot on offense.
Arizona and Arizona State will probably be better than expected because when you think they will be good they suck and when you expect them to suck they do good.
Colorado should be about the same. 4 maybe 5 wins.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly dont know if I can see anyone else winning the south other than USC but even they have questions.
UCLA should be right there to challenge I suppose. but they have been under achieving.
Utah loses a lot on offense.
Arizona and Arizona State will probably be better than expected because when you think they will be good they suck and when you expect them to suck they do good.
Colorado should be about the same. 4 maybe 5 wins.

Agree with all of this. Speaking from a pure talent perspective, USC should probably be favored to win the PAC and make the cfp. But, like you said, they have questions. How will the new QB look? Is the coaching staff really as good as it looks on paper? Will the young guys who showed promise last year, continue to get better?, etc.

For the South I think:

1. USC
2. UCLA
3. Utah
4. ASU
5. 'Zona
6. Colorado

I agree that the Arizona schools are unpredictable, so I could see spots 3-5 being pretty interchangeable.

How about your Ducks? I think it'll be between Stanford and Oregon for the North. I don't think UW can win the North just yet, but I think they are capable of having a say in who does (call it the next step in them getting back to relevance). I think they may pull an upset on Stanford or Oregon. I think Stanford is more likely because they get them at home, but you know they want to end that losing streak vs. Oregon in the worst way, so you never know.

As of now, for the North:

1. Oregon
2. Stanford (based on thinking UW gets the upset)
3. Washington
4. Washington St.
5. Cal
6. Oregon St. (sorry wallace)

I could see Cal, WSU and OSU being somewhat interchangeable in the 4-6 spots.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about your Ducks? I think it'll be between Stanford and Oregon for the North. I don't think UW can win the North just yet, but I think they are capable of having a say in who does (call it the next step in them getting back to relevance). I think they may pull an upset on Stanford or Oregon. I think Stanford is more likely because they get them at home, but you know they want to end that losing streak vs. Oregon in the worst way, so you never know.

1. Oregon
3. Washington
4. Washington St.
5. Cal

I agree. like I said Oregon had the 116th defense and still managed to almost win the north and beat both the 2 CCG teams.
and even though Oregon did beat Stanford they are still top of the hill.
UW does appear on the up based on first half of last year vs second half but have to avoid soph slump(ask Arizona Anu)
WSU is the up down team of the north
and Cal can be.
Oregon state still needs time.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add one more to our class. :suds:

MylesBryant, a three-star cornerback from Loyola High in Los Angeles who had previous scholarship offers from UW, UCLA, Colorado and others, announced he plans to accept a walk-on invitation to UW. He told 247sports that he had waited too long to make a decision on a school and by the time he did, those scholarships had been filled.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add one more to our class. :suds:

MylesBryant, a three-star cornerback from Loyola High in Los Angeles who had previous scholarship offers from UW, UCLA, Colorado and others, announced he plans to accept a walk-on invitation to UW. He told 247sports that he had waited too long to make a decision on a school and by the time he did, those scholarships had been filled.
I would bet Colorado still has scholarships available.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading that Oregons class ranking/rating doesnt include Prukop the QB transfer.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would bet Colorado still has scholarships available.
Walk on at a program with a pulse, or Colorado on a scholarship. Gee, that's a toughie.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seth Collins transfering from Oregon State to Norther Illinois

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading that Oregons class ranking/rating doesnt include Prukop the QB transfer.

Greyshirts from the previous class, walk ons, and transfers are usually not included in class rankings.

Kentrell Love and Myles Bryant are both south Cali kids who were probably wanting a confirmed offer from UCLA so they could stay home, but Mora, even taking a monster class, wasn't going to give it to these two if Boss and Jaurez were going to end up staying home. When they agreed to UCLA right before LOI, both had to go with the next best choice which was Washington. Worked out fine for us. But Bryant is going to have to work extra hard to earn a scholarship now. Huskies are loaded at DB and sets up nice to concentrate on beef for the D and Olines next year. Huskies will be looking for atleast 4-5 OG/OT and 2 DTs. It will be a bigger class in 2016. 22-25 schollys. We get a 8+ win season and we'll be making lots of noise with recruits.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Former Oregon St. QB Seth Collins has officially transferred to Northern Illinios. He will have to sit the 2016 season.

Reports are saying that he was asked to play WR for the Beavs going forward and decided to transfer instead.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well yeah no doubt just saying they prob still have some

They don't. Gonna need some attrition in the form of grey shirts or players leaving the team to get under the number.

BTW, Bryant didn't have a commitable offer from CU...or anyone in the Pac I believe. He took too long and was pretty laid back about the recruiting approach from what I heard. Good walk on to snag though.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree with all of this. Speaking from a pure talent perspective, USC should probably be favored to win the PAC and make the cfp. But, like you said, they have questions. How will the new QB look? Is the coaching staff really as good as it looks on paper? Will the young guys who showed promise last year, continue to get better?, etc.

For the South I think:

1. USC
2. UCLA
3. Utah
4. ASU
5. 'Zona
6. Colorado

I agree that the Arizona schools are unpredictable, so I could see spots 3-5 being pretty interchangeable.

1. Oregon
3. Washington
4. Washington St.
5. Cal

1 UCLA
2 Another South Team

UCLA will stop wasting it talents, drop the excuses, and some way find enough coaching to do the job. USC has the talent, always do, but needed a lot of help to win the miserable South last year and will have a new QB this season. Would expect the South to improve overall somewhat.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 UCLA
2 Another South Team

UCLA will stop wasting it talents, drop the excuses, and some way find enough coaching to do the job. USC has the talent, always do, but needed a lot of help to win the miserable South last year and will have a new QB this season. Would expect the South to improve overall somewhat.

There's been nothing to stop UCLA for the past three years and with a pre season Heisman (Hundley)and with Rosen last year Moras teams have all still imploded and so has his coaching staff.
I could be wrong but USC will see an improvement at QB. Kessler was a good kid but limited. So having a new signal caller wont be the issue I dont think. Having a new staff might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.