• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beneath surface stability, Pac-12 has issues on and off field
Pretty detailed look at various issues on and off the field for the conference as a whole by ESPN's Pac12 sr reporter Ted Miller.

General theme is other conferences are passing us up in terms of revenue, there doesn't appear to be a way for us to catch up in those numbers outside of finally settling the issues with Direct TV, No team was in the playoffs this year and forecasts aren't looking good for any next year either. Lots of coaching upheaval in the coordinator and position ranks, even if there wasn't much action at the HC level. 7 teams changing starting QB's and a general lack of national star power names is another concern.

Worth a read if you like his stuff. He's not everyone's cup of tea.
Damn it, I'm not giving up my direct tv ( gotta have my NFL ticket) they need to get a deal done.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That whole thing has been a hot mess from the get go. After Neuheisel left that channel it's plummeted into nothing. He was the only thing that gave it any credibility.

Ted brings up they are in the most expensive region they could pick in the conference as well. So their expenses are much higher than they need to be.

They suck ass, cost us butt loads of cash, and the largest satellite provider still won't bargain with them.

dumpster
fucking
fire

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another big blow to Graham who was already criticized for missing out on the states #1 prospect in recent years.
Oregon has the #1 from Oregon in 4*Safety Breeze
Arizona State has the #1 from Arizona in 5* WR Harry
the #1 from California has 3 of his 4 out of state. UCLA still in the mix.
#1 from Washington 5* QB Eason is going to Georgia
#1 from Utah is still wide open but does include all three Utah FBS schools.
There doesnt appear to be much more than some 2 stars out of Colorado and i cant find an actual ranking of players.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know about the QB to Georgia and frankly I've said for years now the fence around the state mantra is less viable than it used to be. Don't really care if it's a 4* from Cali or a 4* from WA's backyard, just get the talent your program needs to win. As I said to our paranoid friend NN, Graham has a solid class. Hell only like 3 teams from the Pac are ranked higher in this class right now.

The point about that particular player was it was considered nearly a lock he was going ASU and then didn't. Again, already said that happens to every team. That's why I don't tend to get all worked up over recruiting until LOI day as it is. It's still different when you appear to have someone from your backyard on the hook and lose them this late.

Regent thinks there are a couple more or so that UW will pick up before LOI day and he would know more than I would. Looks like quite a few teams probably have a slot or two more at the very least left to fill.

Still doesn't look like there will be any top 10 classes from the Pac unless USC pulls a couple of big names in. Even Oregon is probably too far out to reach that level now.

Pac needs to fix it's issues with the network and profits as well as the shortage right now of any top 4 teams. It takes publicity to get those higher recruits in. And yet it takes those higher recruits to win and gain that publicity. It's a macrocosm of the dilemma of any individual team improving.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We know about the QB to Georgia and frankly I've said for years now the fence around the state mantra is less viable than it used to be. Don't really care if it's a 4* from Cali or a 4* from WA's backyard, just get the talent your program needs to win. As I said to our paranoid friend NN, Graham has a solid class. Hell only like 3 teams from the Pac are ranked higher in this class right now.

The point about that particular player was it was considered nearly a lock he was going ASU and then didn't. Again, already said that happens to every team. That's why I don't tend to get all worked up over recruiting until LOI day as it is. It's still different when you appear to have someone from your backyard on the hook and lose them this late.

Regent thinks there are a couple more or so that UW will pick up before LOI day and he would know more than I would. Looks like quite a few teams probably have a slot or two more at the very least left to fill.

Still doesn't look like there will be any top 10 classes from the Pac unless USC pulls a couple of big names in. Even Oregon is probably too far out to reach that level now.

Pac needs to fix it's issues with the network and profits as well as the shortage right now of any top 4 teams. It takes publicity to get those higher recruits in. And yet it takes those higher recruits to win and gain that publicity. It's a macrocosm of the dilemma of any individual team improving.

UCLA is the only one in position to sneak in to top 10 sitting at 12 with 21. the problem is the number of teams around them that can take more than them therefore potentially jumping them. after that is Stanford at 22, Oregon 23, USC 24 and Cal 25.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU, Utah, Oregon State, and UW in the 30-40
WSU at 46, AZ 56, Colorado 78

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The QB was committed to Georgia for a long time. Even with the coaching change and reexploring his options, Browning is the starter going into 2016 at Washington, and Eason was expecting to start his freshman year. It was just one of those things that happens. It happens all the time in college recruiting. Locker grew up worshipping Washington and always wanted to play here. Even with the coach who shall not be named, he still committed. It was a very different scenario.

Petersen has done a very good job of landing the top talent in-state, but also making sure they're the right players to fit the schemes and needs. If a player just isn't the right talent fit for your program, you don't waste a scholly on him.

Yep, I believe Washington will be signing 2-3 more recruits for the class and that's it unless some monster they were targeting decides to want to come as well. A class size of around 17 was what most were projecting. A WR is probably going to be one of these last. But overall, while I wish we could crack the top 20, this smaller class wasn't going to end up like that.

Next years class should be around 22-24 recruits and that's got top 20 potential, especially if the 2016 season is next level time.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The point about that particular player was it was considered nearly a lock he was going ASU and then didn't. Again, already said that happens to every team.

I agree. Just because a kid is the #1 recruit in their state, doesn't necessarily mean that their local team is the best fit for them. I remember when USC lost DeAnthony Thomas to Oregon. Had he stuck with his commit to USC, I'm sure we'd have found ways to get him the ball. But Oregon's offense was a better fit for his skillset.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon does well in Hawaii. Got #2 this year, #1 last year, #2 in 12 and 11. but even still those are still projections the 2011 #2 was Mariota, #1 was Juda Parker DE anyone heard of him? he went Pac 12 also.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is another big blow to Graham who was already criticized for missing out on the states #1 prospect in recent years

You memory is failing too, Wiz. This is what you said. If you are so up on following football, how come Oly knew that ASU had the #1 recruit and you didn't? You've spent two pages now backtracking. I might ask, too, how come Washington "doesn't" have a fence around it" (lost the #1 QB in the state but Arizona does. Some more talking out of both sides of your mouth?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Just because a kid is the #1 recruit in their state, doesn't necessarily mean that their local team is the best fit for them. I remember when USC lost DeAnthony Thomas to Oregon. Had he stuck with his commit to USC, I'm sure we'd have found ways to get him the ball. But Oregon's offense was a better fit for his skillset.

Murphy is a hell of a player, one you can fit your program around. Haven't heard why he picked the Huskies, but we might in the next day or two. Might be enough to bring even the Huskies to the top half of the division.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UCLA is the only one in position to sneak in to top 10 sitting at 12 with 21. the problem is the number of teams around them that can take more than them therefore potentially jumping them. after that is Stanford at 22, Oregon 23, USC 24 and Cal 25.

ASU, Utah, Oregon State, and UW in the 30-40
WSU at 46, AZ 56, Colorado 78
I'm assuming that's using Rival's numbers. I was looking at other matrices. 247 and others have very different lists. I do believe they all right now have no Pac in the top 10. Some are valuing USC's class higher than Rival.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You memory is failing too, Wiz. This is what you said. If you are so up on following football, how come Oly knew that ASU had the #1 recruit and you didn't? You've spent two pages now backtracking. I might ask, too, how come Washington "doesn't" have a fence around it" (lost the #1 QB in the state but Arizona does. Some more talking out of both sides of your mouth?
You struggle with reading and comprehension in general don't you? :L
I haven't backtracked in any way. I gave you a quote and if I must go find some of the tweets that went out on it I will, but I said instead why bother? You have had personal issues with me for years now. If Regent says the same thing you aren't up his ass about it. It's just literally anything and everything I say that ruffles your panties.
And I already clearly said why the Murphy deal was different than the QB going from WA to Georgia. Do I really need to quote it and show you again?

For some reason your built-in issues don't allow you to see that I personally don't think the fence concept works anymore. That's a different thing than pointing out others have been critical of him for letting top talent leave before and including this kid. Those two things aren't related. Murphy was expected to be a lock for your school and then didn't go. That's a blow to the team. There is no other way to put it. I wouldn't have even known he was a top talent or that Graham had lost others in prior years if it wasn't on those stories. UW didn't land the top talent from our state, but he was never ever even in consideration for this team, even before Petersen. He was a total Georgia commit for years now. Do you not see how that's different?

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't backtracked in any way. I gave you a quote and if I must go find some of the tweets that went out on it I will, but I said instead why bother? You have had personal issues with me for years now. If Regent says the same thing you aren't up his ass about it. It's just literally anything and everything I say that ruffles your panties.
And I already clearly said why the Murphy deal was different than the QB going from WA to Georgia. Do I really need to quote it and show you again?

For some reason your built-in issues don't allow you to see that I personally don't think the fence concept works anymore. That's a different thing than pointing out others have been critical of him for letting top talent leave before and including this kid. Those two things aren't related. Murphy was expected to be a lock for your school and then didn't go. That's a blow to the team. There is no other way to put it. I wouldn't have even known he was a top talent or that Graham had lost others in prior years if it wasn't on those stories. UW didn't land the top talent from our state, but he was never ever even in consideration for this team, even before Petersen. He was a total Georgia commit for years now. Do you not see how that's different?
I wouldn't sweat it Wiz. Coach Pete just stole Graham's lunch, and Not Neutral is trying to say that Graham didn't want that lunch anyway.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. That's some bad timing for Cal and the PAC12 assistant carousel continues just when you thought all the major coordinator positions were finished.

Cal didn't exactly light the world on fire with their projected class of 2016 even after a nice bowl win and the positive mojo from their first winning season in years. This could be a big setback to Cal right after they committed to Dykes for the longer term.

MURFREESBORO – Middle Tennessee Head Coach Rick Stockstill announced today the hiring of Tony Franklin as the team's offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach. Franklin, who served as the OC at MT in 2009, takes over for Buster Faulkner.

Franklin, who was previously the Cal Bears offensive coordinator the past three years, is considered one of the top offensive minds in the business as his offense has ranked in the top 10 nationally the last four years in passing, twice in total offense and twice in scoring.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wrong again. Don't you ever tire of that? He was never considered a lock for my school or any other although you may have heard that somewhere since you obviously rely on undependable sources. Due to the fact that ASU usually misses out on the state's top recruit only the uninformed, such as you, would even consider such a rumor to be true. Yes, I do rely more on Regent since he is generally reliable when he passes on info.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again. Don't you ever tire of that? He was never considered a lock for my school or any other although you may have heard that somewhere since you obviously rely on undependable sources. Due to the fact that ASU usually misses out on the state's top recruit only the uninformed, such as you, would even consider such a rumor to be true. Yes, I do rely more on Regent since he is generally reliable when he passes on info.
You do realize you are easily the biggest dipshit on this thread right? :L And considering that wazzy is admittedly drunk most of the time he comes up here that's saying something.

You don't like what was written and are taking it out on me. It's not going to work. ASU lost out on someone that pretty much everyone said was a lock to go to your school. It was said to be the biggest surprise of the entire recruiting season at that moment. But all of that is just me right? Get a grip.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.azcentral.com/story/spor...sh-out-after-byron-murphy-nixes-asu/79139250/
How's that for a more local source NN?
BREAKING: Byron Murphy Picks Washington
Another source calling him the #1 athlete coming out of Az

Considered the number-one prospect out of Arizona for 2016, Murphy is a four-star athlete and ranked 111 in the Scout.com Top-300 prospects. The Huskies received a commitment earlier in the process from the top quarterback in Arizona, Daniel Bridge-Gadd.

Do I really need to go on? Or are you willing to finally let it go? Because anyone here will tell you I'll continue to embarrass you if you really want it.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do realize you are easily the biggest dipshit on this thread right? :L And considering that wazzy is admittedly drunk most of the time he comes up here that's saying something.

You don't like what was written and are taking it out on me. It's not going to work. ASU lost out on someone that pretty much everyone said was a lock to go to your school. It was said to be the biggest surprise of the entire recruiting season at that moment. But all of that is just me right? Get a grip.[/QUO

That's one title I can't claim as long as you post, Wiz! Wazzy may be drunk but then what's your excuse? You may be easy to disagree with, Wiz, but that's simply because you are wrong so much. Not my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.