• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is simply no chance the conf will expand without finding a way to guarantee a cali road trip for the non cali schools. The ONLY way that happens is to divide those 4 schools putting 2 in each division and they've all been very firmly against that. It was that deal that kept them from going to 12 for some time. Just no freaking way the other schools go along with growing even bigger if that split doesn't happen.

Someone find a solution that doesn't require that. I really don't see one.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cant wait to see our new defense starting next year with the new coaches in place. There's been nothing but positive responses regarding Coach Yates and Williams. And top of that, they seem to be great west coast recruiters which we desperately needed. Watch out Pac!!!!!

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most were against the 16 teams because:

Texas demands its own revenue model which is based on a long tradition of: "Fuck everyone else in the conf, we're going to pull every money grab possible, and nobody can tell us otherwise". It was this, along with their other policy of being to dictate and have final say on all conference business, that drove schools like Nebraska to say kiss my ass and join other conferences.

The PAC schools like Stanford, Cal, Washington, UCLA, and USC were never going to allow JUCO level academic schools like TT and Okla St. to join the conf. We already have a couple in this conf and they were not for the sake of ESPN broadcast deals, going to add more. Not to mention how few PAC fans would travel each year to locations like Lubbock and Stillwater for these games.

I like it that the PAC has been able to maintain a west coast identity and doesn't have to listen to Texas in every meeting demand to sit at the head of the table and bark orders and find new creative ways to backstab everyone else.

If the PAC16 had been allowed to happen, it would of been planting the seeds of the conference being ripped apart within 10 years.

I think the PAC12 is operating well right now. ADs are flush with cash and putting it to work. Hopefully, the direct tv deal can get done this year.
Then there's your solution: Stanford, Cal, Washington, UCLA and USC join Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Brown in the Snob Conference.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every conf is dealing with these tv time issues. With these conf broadcast deals, you surrender control to ESPN and Fox when it comes to game times and days of week. Football games are 3-4 hours of programming and you got 5 to 6 PAC games a week. 11 to 12 games during OOC weeks. It's the price you pay for being able to get them all shown in the conf tv markets and not all piled up during the same times. 8pm start times suck, but it's the price you pay for getting an extra 20 mil stuffed in your schools AD budget every year.

I agree, but it is still stupid from the conferences stand point as one game on Saturday will be prime time on ABC or Fox, thenot the rest are shitty hours. They can use the excuse for viewership all they want but numbers aren't there. I'd rather they start the games earlier and put them up against shitty B1G, Big 12 and SEC games. Gametimes, referees and the CCG are my big beef. Late games that are A squad games makes sense but get rid of the 8 pm games on FS1 and ESPN 2

FORKWDEVIL

shut up and make me a sandwich
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Sun Devils is all I have to say. Not ranked is where I like to be.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then there's your solution: Stanford, Cal, Washington, UCLA and USC join Yale, Harvard, Princeton and Brown in the Snob Conference.
If those schools bailed, what's left would be lucky to land a broadcast deal from lifetime television with games sandwiched between Tori Spelling and Lindsey Lohan dramas. Enjoy.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Wiz. I'd rather see the conference contract back to 10, then expand any further.

12 ended up the perfect solution. Enough teams to get us a champ game and keep our west coast identity.
Utah is finally playing P5 ball and Colorado is clawing it's way back. IN the long run, it's working out beautifully. 10 bowls to split the revenue from this year and the broadcast deals = :cool2:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommie Robinson coming back to USC to coach the RBs and be running game coordinator. Coached the Rbs when Kiffin was there and prior to that coached RBs for the Arizona Cardinals for three years. Love getting coaches with NFL experience.
The Cards running game was dead last in the league the first and last year he was there and 24th in his second year. Just saying.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 2010 Cardinals which were a mess following Curt Warners retirement? The Cardinals had lost not only Curt but other players at key positions from the previous years. The only bright spot before Whisenhunt was fired was Bennie Wells being the first payer in the franchise history with 1000 yards and 10 TDs. Prior to the Arizona job he worked as offensive assistant under Chan Gaily with the Dallas Cowboys working with the wide receivers and special teams working with Micheal Irvin and Dion Sanders.
Tommie coached the RBs at Miami . He coached RBS at Utah State and G Tech.He coached RBs at Memphis (With Clay Helton on staff). He coached a year at Oklahoma State working with Tatum Bell. He worked at TCU and worked with LaDanian Tomlinson. While he was coaching in the college ranks he had internships with the St Luis Rams, New Orleans Saints, The Dolphins.
He did a great job at USC when Kiffin was here with Buck Allen and Tre Madden (before he got hurt). He's about as qualified as you're going to find in the college ranks to be the RBs coach. At least he has experience doing the job he was just hired to do.

Last edited:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You mean the 2010 Cardinals which were a mess following Curt Warners retirement? The Cardinals had lost not only Curt but other players at key positions from the previous years. The only bright spot before Whisenhunt was fired was Bennie Wells being the first payer in the franchise history with 1000 yards and 10 TDs. Prior to the Arizona job he worked as offensive assistant under Chan Gaily with the Dallas Cowboys working with the wide receivers and special teams working with Micheal Irvin and Dion Sanders.
Tommie coached the RBs at Miami . He coached RBS at Utah State and G Tech.He coached RBs at Memphis (With Clay Helton on staff). He coached a year at Oklahoma State working with Tatum Bell. He worked at TCU and worked with LaDanian Tomlinson. While he was coaching in the college ranks he had internships with the St Luis Rams, New Orleans Saints, The Dolphins.
He did a great job at USC when Kiffin was here with Buck Allen and Tre Madden (before he got hurt). He's about as qualified as you're going to find in the college ranks to be the RBs coach. At least he has experience doing the job he was just hired to do.
*Kurt

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And soon to be HoF inductee.

One of the greats for sure. Wasn't putting him down I love the story from working at a grocery store stocking shelves to Super Bowl champ (was he MVP too?).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
12 ended up the perfect solution. Enough teams to get us a champ game and keep our west coast identity.
Utah is finally playing P5 ball and Colorado is clawing it's way back. IN the long run, it's working out beautifully. 10 bowls to split the revenue from this year and the broadcast deals = :cool2:

Yeah, I'm warming up to 12. I just liked the round robin format when we had 10. You get a true conference champ with no re-matches.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm warming up to 12. I just liked the round robin format when we had 10. You get a true conference champ with no re-matches.
the other thing I dont like about the conference championship game is when the 2 best teams are in the same division.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the other thing I dont like about the conference championship game is when the 2 best teams are in the same division.

That too. As much as I love my Trojans and was happy they won the PAC South, we were 8-4. The 2 best teams in the PAC were Stanford and Oregon. If there was going to be a CCG rematch, that should have been the one.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One of the greats for sure. Wasn't putting him down I love the story from working at a grocery store stocking shelves to Super Bowl champ (was he MVP too?).
I think so he got one or two with the Rams iirc.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If those schools bailed, what's left would be lucky to land a broadcast deal from lifetime television with games sandwiched between Tori Spelling and Lindsey Lohan dramas. Enjoy.
A just fate for the JC level programs. Football was more fun in the WAC anyway.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boom!!!! :yes::suds:

4-star DE Levi Onwuzurike (Allen,TX) has committed to Washington. His final choices were also Baylor and Michigan.

Hell yes. Another PAC recruit who didn't fall for :harbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.