• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He can't make your defense worse.
i mean Oregon wasnt last in the country so yeah there is still room to be worse. But i would be surprised if that happened. Oregon was like 116 in the country I dont think they increase dramatically next year maybe in the 80s or 70s.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i mean Oregon wasnt last in the country so yeah there is still room to be worse. But i would be surprised if that happened. Oregon was like 116 in the country I dont think they increase dramatically next year maybe in the 80s or 70s.
Doesn't take long if you have the right guy. We were stunned to be more than decent on D with our youth and a team still trying to get their feet under them here. Wilcox turned UW's D around in one off season.

I think in general it take less time to get at least competent at D than offense when inserting new coaches and/or schemes. The offenses always take longer to get the kids in sync.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't take long if you have the right guy. We were stunned to be more than decent on D with our youth and a team still trying to get their feet under them here. Wilcox turned UW's D around in one off season.

I think in general it take less time to get at least competent at D than offense when inserting new coaches and/or schemes. The offenses always take longer to get the kids in sync.
but even in oregons best years on defense they were never much above 50s

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Ganggreen defenses were top 20. With the talent being on a higher level than those teams, expectations should be high with the right guy.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no just dont see that happening in the first year or two
I didn't see UW leading the Pac with mostly true sophomores or lower as starters either. Figured they were at least a couple of years away and yet there it was.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you telling me Oregon was 7-2 in the PAC with the 116th ranked defense?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you telling me Oregon was 7-2 in the PAC with the 116th ranked defense?
and could have been 8-1 if not for the broken finger. I still believe Adams makes enough difference against WSU.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon loses WR commit Eddie McDoom. 3 or 4 stars depending on the service you look at.

says he notified Oregon he was going to take a trip to Michigan and says Oregon pulled the scholarship offer.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon loses WR commit Eddie McDoom. 3 or 4 stars depending on the service you look at.

says he notified Oregon he was going to take a trip to Michigan and says Oregon pulled the scholarship offer.

Harsh considering Oregon always played it lose with letting commits still take visits even if they had verbaled to Oregon. Helfrich may be starting to tighten up the policy on that given all the changes to the staff going on. Harbaugh is working that west coast pipeline for sure. There is a good chance he'll get CB David Long to commit to Mich over Washington. Harbs is going to be a pain in the ass for the PAC schools for years to come.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arizona may have a new DC. Word is that Boise State defensive coordinator Marcel Yates has verbally accepted the position. He's known as an incredible recruiter as well.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsh considering Oregon always played it lose with letting commits still take visits even if they had verbaled to Oregon. Helfrich may be starting to tighten up the policy on that given all the changes to the staff going on. Harbaugh is working that west coast pipeline for sure. There is a good chance he'll get CB David Long to commit to Mich over Washington. Harbs is going to be a pain in the ass for the PAC schools for years to come.
That has been a policy since Chip took over.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well we get to play them in a few years. Go beat their asses and that shit will stop. Simple as that.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- In February 1995, Hoke was hired as an assistant coach at the University of Michigan under head coach Gary Moeller. He was the defensive end coach in 1995 and 1996 and defensive line coach from 1997 to 2002. In May 2002, Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr named Hoke as associate head coach, the only member of the staff with that distinction.

During Hoke's eight years at Michigan, the Wolverines compiled a 75–23 record, went to a bowl game every year and won the national championship in 1997. While at Michigan, Hoke was assigned to recruit in California. One of the players Hoke recruited to Michigan was
Tom Brady.

If you read his bio, you will realize he knows defense. His recent job as HC as Michigan didn't work out, but his resume is extremely impressive. He's also known as one of the best recruiters in the biz. I'm not going to blow this hire off in anyway as a "Hoke was brought in to just run the Ducks already established system". He's a very capable coach on the D side of the ball and could quickly turn things around for the Ducks in that dept.

sounds like he's a good team player and fellow coaches liked him so he was moved from this unit to that unit but like I said he's never been the D Coordinator at any level. Not saying he won't be able to do it I'm saying he's never done it. The Oregon offense requires a different type of defense so like I said it sounds like they are going to tell him how it should go not the other way around.
As far as finding Brady. It was Bradys father who sent tapes of his son to the schools he and his dad thought he could play at. No one was really looking at him in fact most schools wanted him for baseball as a catcher. USC dropped the ball because they were one of the schools the Bradys sent the tape to and John Robinson said no. But the tape was sent to Michigan and its west coast guy Bill Harris got it and he gave it to the Michigan head coach who said yes. All this was going on in Bradys Jr year of HS which was was 1994. Hoke didnt get hired at Michigan till 1995. So when Brady was a senior Hoke might have been involved in the recruiting but the wheels were already in motion before Hoke got to Michigan.
I'm not saying it wont work. Just saying even Wilcox has experience as a DC and would have been a more logical hire.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.