• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harsh considering Oregon always played it lose with letting commits still take visits even if they had verbaled to Oregon. Helfrich may be starting to tighten up the policy on that given all the changes to the staff going on. Harbaugh is working that west coast pipeline for sure. There is a good chance he'll get CB David Long to commit to Mich over Washington. Harbs is going to be a pain in the ass for the PAC schools for years to come.
Na he a Florida kid

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading through other posts on the board, what are your guys thoughts on expansion? Especially since the Pac12 network blows balls.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading through other posts on the board, what are your guys thoughts on expansion? Especially since the Pac12 network blows balls.
You mean adding more teams to the Pac12?
steve-carrell-nooo.gif
The product is already watered down enough as it is. Adding more just makes it that much more imbalanced in terms of the road to win your division and it will all but eliminate the every non cali team getting one guaranteed road trip into cali for their recruiting efforts.

I'd much prefer contraction to expansion. 10 meant you could play every team in your whole conference every year and had two cali road trips every year. Much, much, much, MUCH better.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but wouldn't one trip to California every year and 1 to Texas every other year be a good deal. I don't care one way or the other just wondering thoughts.

I liked the round robin too but it didn't make it any easier getting to a playoff as they have it set up now.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but wouldn't one trip to California every year and 1 to Texas every other year be a good deal. I don't care one way or the other just wondering thoughts.

I liked the round robin too but it didn't make it any easier getting to a playoff as they have it set up now.
Given that they are willing now to let the Big12 have a CCG without having 12 the only real reason we went to 12 no longer exists.

10 teams. Play everyone once. If we feel the need for that extra game to give the conference champ that one last top 25 win then give it to them even though it will be a rematch. Go back to solid cali road trips.

Just my opinion, but then I'm old and not normally in favor of most of the changes in college football. :lol:
Hell, I don't recognize much of today's game like when is a catch fully a catch and when is a good hard tackle not a foul.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was against 12. I dont mind it as much now. who they bring in would be the big question and how they change the divisions is the other. gonig to 14 seems like the next step based on the other conferences. but if you do that what 2 do you get? a Big 12 raid has been on the cusp before but you arent getting just 2 teams. adding 2 from the Mountain west seems a bit pointless. and we all know the big blockade against BYU.
Pac 12 wont be the first to go for 16. if someone else does then maybe you could go for Big 12 if they are still available. agains MWC teams just dont make sense.
a mix of 2 Big 12 and 2 MWC then maybe.
but like what was mentioned before making sure everyone is happy with getting into California at least once a season and 2 every other keeping the schools outside Cali happy is the hard part. even if Texas comes into play.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most were against the 16 teams because:

Texas demands its own revenue model which is based on a long tradition of: "Fuck everyone else in the conf, we're going to pull every money grab possible, and nobody can tell us otherwise". It was this, along with their other policy of being to dictate and have final say on all conference business, that drove schools like Nebraska to say kiss my ass and join other conferences.

The PAC schools like Stanford, Cal, Washington, UCLA, and USC were never going to allow JUCO level academic schools like TT and Okla St. to join the conf. We already have a couple in this conf and they were not for the sake of ESPN broadcast deals, going to add more. Not to mention how few PAC fans would travel each year to locations like Lubbock and Stillwater for these games.

I like it that the PAC has been able to maintain a west coast identity and doesn't have to listen to Texas in every meeting demand to sit at the head of the table and bark orders and find new creative ways to backstab everyone else.

If the PAC16 had been allowed to happen, it would of been planting the seeds of the conference being ripped apart within 10 years.

I think the PAC12 is operating well right now. ADs are flush with cash and putting it to work. Hopefully, the direct tv deal can get done this year.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thing with how it is is how bad the network is doing as of right now. My school went all 18 year old getting a credit card for the first time and maxed it out. Not that expansion would help but I'd like to see game times better for everyone which central time games would be. 8 for a night game is retarded...but alot of things I think are retarded with the conference as of right now such as the CCG not rotating or being at a home venue

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess my thing with how it is is how bad the network is doing as of right now. My school went all 18 year old getting a credit card for the first time and maxed it out. Not that expansion would help but I'd like to see game times better for everyone which central time games would be. 8 for a night game is retarded...but alot of things I think are retarded with the conference as of right now such as the CCG not rotating or being at a home venue
but my best guess is that IF the Big 12 schools joined you would see one of two things happen as for divisions. 1 Pac 8 would be a division while Arizona, Arizona State, Utah, Colorado and 4 Big 12 teams would be the other.
OR
Colorado and Utah would be pushed to the North while So Cal schools and Arizona schools would pair with Big 12 schools.
Cal schools would lose their deal of playing all 4 because conference would switch out to 7 division and only 2 out of division.
Hardly any of the out of Cal schools would get in Cal games.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every conf is dealing with these tv time issues. With these conf broadcast deals, you surrender control to ESPN and Fox when it comes to game times and days of week. Football games are 3-4 hours of programming and you got 5 to 6 PAC games a week. 11 to 12 games during OOC weeks. It's the price you pay for being able to get them all shown in the conf tv markets and not all piled up during the same times. 8pm start times suck, but it's the price you pay for getting an extra 20 mil stuffed in your schools AD budget every year.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star QB Devon Modster has committed to UCLA.

4-star ATH Beau Bisharat (RB, OLB) has decommitted from Stanford.

Oregon and Cal were the other favs at the time of his commitment. His father is a former player for Oregon. Oregon is probably his location now.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4-star QB Devon Modster has committed to UCLA.

4-star ATH Beau Bisharat (RB, OLB) has decommitted from Stanford.

Oregon and Cal were the other favs at the time of his commitment. His father is a former player for Oregon. Oregon is probably his location now.

Harbaugh really wanted Modster. Score one for the west coast

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanding from 12? No thank you.

Colorado hasn't elevated this conference in the least bit.

We should kick them loose and replace them with a better program.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Expanding from 12? No thank you.

Colorado hasn't elevated this conference in the least bit.

We should kick them loose and replace them with a better program.
not in football but they have been solid elsewhere

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tommie Robinson coming back to USC to coach the RBs and be running game coordinator. Coached the Rbs when Kiffin was there and prior to that coached RBs for the Arizona Cardinals for three years. Love getting coaches with NFL experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.