• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a huge sidetrack, I would start my own thread in the water cooler about this, but I'm too lazy to monitor that board.

Drinking alcohol just makes me tired now. wtf.

I use to drink it and get this second wind and have a good boost of energy, really liking the vibe.

Now I have a glass of bourbon on the rocks and I just want to seep into the couch cushions and fall asleep.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
here's a huge sidetrack, I would start my own thread in the water cooler about this, but I'm too lazy to monitor that board.

I use to drink it and get this second wind and have a good boost of energy, really liking the vibe.

Now I have a glass of bourbon on the rocks and I just want to seep into the couch cushions and fall asleep.
You have to chase it with red bull followed by lines of cocaine.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Welcome to old age.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC has hired Ronnie Bradford as secondary coach. He played 10 seasons as a defensive back in the NFL before starting a coaching career that has included stints with the Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs and in college with Cal, Memphis and Louisiana Tech. For the past 3 seasons he has been Louisiana Tech's secondary and special teams coach. In 2014, Louisiana Tech ranked first in the nation with 26 interceptions. Bradford also worked under newly re-hired defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast at Cal and with the Chiefs.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC has hired Ronnie Bradford as secondary coach. He played 10 seasons as a defensive back in the NFL before starting a coaching career that has included stints with the Denver Broncos and Kansas City Chiefs and in college with Cal, Memphis and Louisiana Tech. For the past 3 seasons he has been Louisiana Tech's secondary and special teams coach. In 2014, Louisiana Tech ranked first in the nation with 26 interceptions. Bradford also worked under newly re-hired defensive coordinator Clancy Pendergast at Cal and with the Chiefs.

Nice hire. I was concerned starting with the first game when I saw DBs having WRs covered and never turning their heads around. Iman Marshall was the biggest culprit but he was a freshman so I figured after a few weeks they would get that fixed but no. It took till almost the last game for him to turn and play the ball. All season teams would go at him on 3rd and 10 and they would get either a flag or a reception. Another reason I wasn't sold on Wilcox. Glaring issues where not addressed.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice hire. I was concerned starting with the first game when I saw DBs having WRs covered and never turning their heads around. Iman Marshall was the biggest culprit but he was a freshman so I figured after a few weeks they would get that fixed but no. It took till almost the last game for him to turn and play the ball. All season teams would go at him on 3rd and 10 and they would get either a flag or a reception. Another reason I wasn't sold on Wilcox. Glaring issues where not addressed.

Yeah, I thought Wilcox generally did an ok job making in game adjustments as the defense would usually play better as the game went on. But when it came to issues with technique, it was the same issue game after game. I get that we were very young at a lot of positions (our leading tackler was a freshman), but with as much playing time as they were getting, you'd expect most of those technique type issues to be cleaned up by about halfway through the season.

With Pendergast back, I expect we'll see a much better defense this coming season. It'll be interesting who they bring in to replace Sirmon.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I thought Wilcox generally did an ok job making in game adjustments as the defense would usually play better as the game went on. But when it came to issues with technique, it was the same issue game after game. I get that we were very young at a lot of positions (our leading tackler was a freshman), but with as much playing time as they were getting, you'd expect most of those technique type issues to be cleaned up by about halfway through the season.

With Pendergast back, I expect we'll see a much better defense this coming season. It'll be interesting who they bring in to replace Sirmon.

That's what frustrated me watching the NCG. There were freshmen DBs on both side playing awesome turning around for every throw and getting their hands between the ball and the receiver time after time. Marshall was the #1 DB coming out of high school and you'd think he could have been coached up pretty easy. The other thing I hope USC coaches saw was three TDs scored by TEs in the NCG. Can we get the TE involved in the offense already!!!
Oh and one more thing. How many National Championships won but true spread teams? None. Yes they sometimes go wide and yes sometimes they qo quicker to stop the defense from substituting. But no Oregon, no Baylor, no A&M type teams have won it all.

Last edited:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what frustrated me watching the NCG. There were freshmen DBs on both side playing awesome turning around for every throw and getting their hands between the ball and the receiver time after time. Marshall was the #1 DB coming out of high school and you'd think he could have been coached up pretty easy. The other thing I hope USC coaches saw was three TDs scored by TEs in the NCG. Can we get the TE involved in the offense already!!!
Oh and one more thing. How many National Championships won but true spread teams? None. Yes they sometimes go wide and yes sometimes they qo quicker to stop the defense from substituting. But no Oregon, no Baylor, no A&M type teams have won it all.

Yeah, I'd like to get the tight end involved in the offense a bit more and the fullback. During the Pete Carroll days, we used to get 2-3 big plays a game on underneath passes to the fullback.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly hired by the 49ers. I wonder how much player personnel power they gave him.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Somebody better check on OD. Poor guy had his heart set on Chip coming back. :tsk:
Naw, haven't you seen? He's now the biggest 9'er fan on this board. He's about to tell us all how the 9'ers are going from worst to first THIS YEAR!!!! I mean the committee wants the best teams right now in the playoffs right? :noidea: Fuck the records.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well the positive about Kelly begin hired back into the NFL, OD will be on the NFL threads more.
To be fair, as long as Mariota is a starter OD will be over there.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, as long as Mariota is a starter OD will be over there.
He was for sure going to soil his moms good bath towels if Chip had gone to the Titans.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was for sure going to soil his moms good bath towels if Chip had gone to the Titans.
It would have been interesting to see what they could have done together in the pros, but I bet OD's mom will be sending a fruit basket to Santa Clara shortly.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been interesting to see what they could have done together in the pros, but I bet OD's mom will be sending a fruit basket to Santa Clara shortly.

He would have gotten Mariota killed or at least severely injured within a year or two. Mariota is lucky Kelly didn't find his way to the Titans.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He would have gotten Mariota killed or at least severely injured within a year or two. Mariota is lucky Kelly didn't find his way to the Titans.
how do you figure?

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm sure OD is already in Santa Clara and Chipper is already getting the restraining order in play.

Status
Not open for further replies.