• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, seems like that is one of there issues, they use to have these QB's groomed and ready to step in,
granted defensive side of coaches need to be reamed, or let go.....
Do I have to remind you? :L

Cyler
fucking
Miles
:L
:puke:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bringing in talent and hitting home runs with it at the QB level are two different things. Every team gets it wrong at some point. Ducks do need to right that ship, but we've all been there.

kcden

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,680.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do I have to remind you? :L

Cyler
fucking
Miles
:L
:puke:

Are you implying that Cyler Miles is taking over in Eugene in 2017? He must be grooming himself at a JUCO, somewhere...

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you implying that Cyler Miles is taking over in Eugene in 2017? He must be grooming himself at a JUCO, somewhere...

He could qualify as a 5th year senior. The Ducks will be all over that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously don't understand why they don't have one of their track stars at QB. None of the successful quarterbacks at Oregon since Harrington were great passers. Sorry even Mario take was average when it came to throwing unless the dude was wide open. I can't remember who the receiver was that did the trick play on us but he should line up at QB if a dude like Adams can come in and be a messiah. Adams got a scholarship there based on his performance against UW, not any good FCS defense he played.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously don't understand why they don't have one of their track stars at QB. None of the successful quarterbacks at Oregon since Harrington were great passers. Sorry even Mario take was average when it came to throwing unless the dude was wide open. I can't remember who the receiver was that did the trick play on us but he should line up at QB if a dude like Adams can come in and be a messiah. Adams got a scholarship there based on his performance against UW, not any good FCS defense he played.
Adams proved he was legit in all of the games he actually played healthy in.
They lost their (also grad student transfer) center and that appeared to be a bigger deal. Backup center at Oregon appears to not take any actual reps at snapping the ball in their usual formations. :noidea:
Mariota was a legit passer. He's throwing the ball fine as a rookie on Sundays.
It's entirely inexcusable after having that stretch early in the season with Adams down to not find a way to get SOMEONE up to speed behind him. Massive coaching failure IMO so I'm there with you on that one.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Adams proved he was legit in all of the games he actually played healthy in.
They lost their (also grad student transfer) center and that appeared to be a bigger deal. Backup center at Oregon appears to not take any actual reps at snapping the ball in their usual formations. :noidea:
Mariota was a legit passer. He's throwing the ball fine as a rookie on Sundays.
It's entirely inexcusable after having that stretch early in the season with Adams down to not find a way to get SOMEONE up to speed behind him. Massive coaching failure IMO so I'm there with you on that one.

I completely disagree, he proved he was a decade entry quarterback and that's what it takes to be an Oregon quarterback in that system. Adams is a solid college quarterback no doubt but they should've been able to recruit a quarterback who could throw a ball. Ya the center sucked, but that happens and a QB at an elite program should be able to sustain one drive to keep that melt down from happening.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree, he proved he was a decade entry quarterback and that's what it takes to be an Oregon quarterback in that system. Adams is a solid college quarterback no doubt but they should've been able to recruit a quarterback who could throw a ball. Ya the center sucked, but that happens and a QB at an elite program should be able to sustain one drive to keep that melt down from happening.
UW had Sark who is supposed to be a QB guru right? What did he leave us for the '14 season? Cyler fucking Miles, Can't throw a ball Lindquist, and another wiff.

Yes, there should have been a stud behind Mariota. Misses happen to every damned school at that position. It's a problem, but one most schools face at some point. If it keeps on happening for several more years you'd expect coaches to be fired for sure.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oregon's system doesn't put an emphasis on landing highly accurate passers. Their run game is still their heavy bread and butter. Mariota was a perfect fit for their system. Highly athletic QB who can run the ball and when called upon to pass, made smart decisions and avoided the INTs. The jury is out on if he'll end up a real NFL QB, but it's going to be a challenge given the Titans roster issues and coaching. But he was a freak as a college QB and Duck fans are dealing with the hangover from his era being over. The loss of Tebow at Florida was a similar situation.

I think the issue is that Mariota masked the looming issues the Ducks coming due. They went out and got Adams to act as a bridge. When healthy, he's a very good QB. But still, the Ducks are starting to come down to earth and feeling the hangover after the Kelly era and Mariota gone. And now Frost is gone as well which is a huge blow. They still have plenty of talent on the roster including the freak that is Freeman from good recruiting classes, but still, the Ducks are kind of in a stage we're they're going to be reinventing themselves, and they need to find a QB whose the future instead of kicking the can down the road with these 5th year seniors.

Ducks got a lot of work to do on both sides of the ball and there could be more coaching changes coming if Phil demands some blood after tonight.

Last edited:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Time for the long off season yet again. :pout:
A few weeks until LOI day with all of the class buzz going around, couple of months until spring ball, and then the utterly way too long summer of nothing.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW had Sark who is supposed to be a QB guru right? What did he leave us for the '14 season? Cyler fucking Miles, Can't throw a ball Lindquist, and another wiff.

Yes, there should have been a stud behind Mariota. Misses happen to every damned school at that position. It's a problem, but one most schools face at some point. If it keeps on happening for several more years you'd expect coaches to be fired for sure.

I agree with the Sark comment but Oregon doesn't need a high caliber recruit. As bad as Miles was for you guys I think he would've been fine at Oregon, IMO they just need a serviceable passer. I guess I think swing and missing is one thing but it looks like Oregon didn't even get the bat off their shoulders when it comes to developing a quarterback

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have all seen the kids that look great on paper, played solid at high school, are monsters in practice, and fail under the lights. Seems to be something that happens at the QB position a bit more often than most others. Then there are the ones you aren't sure about that don't practice well and yet find another gear in games. You just don't know what you have until you turn the lights on and see.

As much as duck fans are asking wtf on offense when two players go out, the real head scratcher is how that defense utterly dismantled at the same time. 7 straight scores by TCU after they pitched a shutout in the first half. Coaching? Nothing more than a momentum shift? Popeye/can of spinach kind of shit? Voodoo dolls? Aliens?

Never seen anything like it before.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and if you are going to try and diss Don James, at least know something about him. Ted Bundy was at UW in the late 60's and Don James didn't come to the school until like '77. 10 years after Bundy was long gone from the NW. I think Bundy was in jail before James started his run, or at least it was around the same time.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have all seen the kids that look great on paper, played solid at high school, are monsters in practice, and fail under the lights. Seems to be something that happens at the QB position a bit more often than most others. Then there are the ones you aren't sure about that don't practice well and yet find another gear in games. You just don't know what you have until you turn the lights on and see.

As much as duck fans are asking wtf on offense when two players go out, the real head scratcher is how that defense utterly dismantled at the same time. 7 straight scores by TCU after they pitched a shutout in the first half. Coaching? Nothing more than a momentum shift? Popeye/can of spinach kind of shit? Voodoo dolls? Aliens?

Never seen anything like it before.

Piss poor tackling, ( just watched it again) they left their feet, wrapping up, and not getting off blocks, and I can't believe I'm saying this about a Ducks squad but they flat out looked gased at times....

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Piss poor tackling, ( just watched it again) they left their feet, wrapping up, and not getting off blocks, and I can't believe I'm saying this about a Ducks squad but they flat out looked gased at times....
The question is why/how did they lapse that far and seemingly right after Adams and their center went out? They failed to stay focused and execute. Who gets the blame for it?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just think about the ground game action that's going to be going on in the PAC north next season with Gaskin, Freeman, and McCaffrey. All 3 will be putting up sick numbers.

Yep, for the PAC, the season is in the books and the painful college football withdrawals begin. The Seahawks in the playoffs help, but still, it can be painful. LOI and spring practice helps, but the fb withdrawals can be tough to deal with.

But I'm actually happy we don't have football during summers in Seattle. Last thing I want to be doing during the warm sunny months in the PACNW is watching football inside on the weekends, instead of getting out there and enjoying it all.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Logically you could blame the Oregon defense but since their big run Oregon's defense has been the step child. Offense, ST then defense. Blame the defense but a school that is an offensive school should be able to sustain 1 drive and put at least 3 on the board.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it wasnt all on lockie I dont know what was up with Brenner the back up center and his low snaps.
I also think Lubick failed in his first game play calling as the OC and not putting the ball in Freemans hands more.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank goodness we have a top 10 recruiting class, with potential of being higher.

Status
Not open for further replies.