• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early enrollees for the 2016 classes are arriving today to start classes all over the PAC. They will be available for spring practices. For the Huskies, they're:

Taylor Rapp (S)
Daniel Bridge-Gadd (QB)
Myles Rice (Buck LB) : was part of 2015 class, but grey shirted to rehab an ACL suffered his senior HS season.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am finally back, all I have to say is what a great game. Missed you all more than I thought. Gotta catch up on some threads, but happy new year to you all.

Congrats on the Rose Bowl win. That was a total butt whooping.

Nice to hear Shaw announce today that he will not be accepting any NFL interview offers and continues to be committed to Stanford.

I also heard that Chip is expressing interest in interviewing for the 9ers job, but I can't see him dealing with Baalke and York.

Wild Turkey

Sarcasm: Just one of my many services.
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should thank the Big 12 they kept your bowl performance from being the worst this season. Give them all a big hug and such.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Get in the rear w/ the gear...Were 1st in line for a DC mister.

Hey we need one too. Kinda pissed they didn't offer the job to Dave Aranda with all his so cal ties. I wonder if the 49ers coach who just got fired would be interested.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their gonna need water to drink for survival in an arid desert where there is NONE!

so thar ya go...

Lol. You guys have any coordinators in mind? I have no idea what direction we'll head in. I've seen some of our players tweet out that they'd like to see a 4-3 defense. We'll see.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol. You guys have any coordinators in mind? I have no idea what direction we'll head in. I've seen some of our players tweet out that they'd like to see a 4-3 defense. We'll see.

Not a peep up here about anyone yet...spose someone will be named shortly tho...damn recent recruits are dropping off like flies around here now.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow just read the Rose Bowl game thread. Did not realize people hated Shaw so much. In all defense, the last long TD at the end was not supposed to be thrown. However, I take umbrage with people being pissed about the fake fumble play, it was the freaking second quarter.

To one of the other points, I got to talk to a few folks on the staff, Shaw could be at Stanford until his kids have get accepted to the school itself with his extension 2 years ago. If he keeps winning he could be there until they had PhD's if he wanted. That said, he is still in the middle of the PAC for salaries, he took less to make sure the assistants got more when he extended. The University has also been subsidizing on campus housing for the coaches in the "Faculty Ghetto" (actually really nice houses) on campus since the end of Harbaugh's tenure, so that should count towards salary IMHO.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a peep up here about anyone yet...spose someone will be named shortly tho...damn recent recruits are dropping off like flies around here now.

Damn that sucks man. But tell the good recruits if they want 365 days a year of sunshine...... Hahaha I keed I keed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox, from USC ( former employer) just a guess on my part

What defensvie scheme does he run? And if he's able to recruit Monster sized Polynesian players I'm all for it! Actually, I wonder if Tedy Bruschi would be an option....hmmmm

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What defensvie scheme does he run? And if he's able to recruit Monster sized Polynesian players I'm all for it! Actually, I wonder if Tedy Bruschi would be an option....hmmmm

With Wilcox its a choice of what he has in players, if you want to match his style, Jim Johnson of the Eagles, he's not afraid to blitz in the red zone, he runs that bend but don't break from the 20 to the 20.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where your going. Conditioning, coaching, and experience all plays into what a player becomes. Petersen is an expert in finding diamonds in the rough and building them into winners. But....he's in the PAC now and filling your classes with mainly 2 and 3 star projects won't cut it anymore.
When it comes to football, as the saying goes, you can't win a horse race with a donkey. There is a big reason schools like Ohio State, Bama, and LSU are always competing for BCS tier and playoffs level bowls and it starts with the quality of their recruit classes.
That's not where I was going with it. Really doesn't matter who's coaching UW when it comes to how I feel about the ranking of high school kids. Petersen does need to get kids that are bigger and more athletic than what he used to and so far it appears he has been.

I'm saying a 5 star kid from HS can still be a bust and a 2 star kid might be misranked and really be a stud. Coaches don't go looking at those rankings. They do their own. Each evaluates kids on different criteria.

Any method of trying to figure out who did best before that class matures and you see it on the field is sketchy at best. Doesn't matter how many stars the QB's on Oregon's staff had in high school, they are sucking ass at this level (so far). And every school has those examples. At one point and time we were told Cyler Miles was a stud. :L

Status
Not open for further replies.