• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year: It's pretty much too late to find a decent HC job at the college level and I really don't see any of the pro jobs that are about to open up going after him. He hasn't proven that he can run a pro team, more or less find a team willing to take on his attitude while winning. I think he probably doesn't coach any team for this next season. He might consult with some team or do something else behind the scenes, but unless he's willing to drop to OC now I don't think he walks any sideline.

Depends on who some of the open NFL positions hire. IF they get a college coach then he could end up in a flip flop situation. or a small round table of movement.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different topic...Did the Stanford band just play the theme song to Fraggle Rock?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has named Matt Lubick its new offensive coordinator and he will call plays for the Ducks when they face TCU in the Valero Alamo Bowl on Saturday.

Lubick, who has been Oregon's passing game coordinator and coached the team's wide receivers the past three seasons, was the expected choice after former offensive coordinator Scott Frost left for the vacant head coaching job at UCF.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon has named Matt Lubick its new offensive coordinator and he will call plays for the Ducks when they face TCU in the Valero Alamo Bowl on Saturday.

Lubick, who has been Oregon's passing game coordinator and coached the team's wide receivers the past three seasons, was the expected choice after former offensive coordinator Scott Frost left for the vacant head coaching job at UCF.
Now the question is after the bowl does he go strict OC, double up on another position and stay with WR or go to QB like Helf and Frost were. and who do they bring in for whatever opening there will be.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Currently Nate Costa has been interim QB coach. He only mad appearances in 13 games across 3 seasons in a career plagued by injury.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to ask @wazzu31 what his thoughts were on the news that Leach had his contract extended through 2020.

The pirate of the Palouse is going to be around the Pac for at least another 5 full years.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to ask @wazzu31 what his thoughts were on the news that Leach had his contract extended through 2020.

The pirate of the Palouse is going to be around the Pac for at least another 5 full years.
I haven't seen him on in a while I think he may have had an aneurysm when he saw the news.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WSU has it's best season in ages and won a solid bowl victory. I'm sure Wazzy still wants Leach fired, but the majority of Coug fans are stoked on the year and Coug'd it moments kept to a minimum. Their defense actually has a pulse now as well. The poly pipeline really paid off there.

They just need to keep the momentum going.

I don't give a rip about the cougs at the end of the day, but at the same time, I don't want any PAC teams to be permanent doormats and embarrassments to the conf. It's good to see the Cougs doormat status is done for now.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I was speaking to his particular hate for Leach.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, I was speaking to his particular hate for Leach.

Wazzy hates Leach, but he's running out of bullets to trash him these days. Leach pulled it together this year and did it will a new QB. Nice crew of WRs. D that can keep a lot of teams honest.

The coug that's in the group at my work was pretty happy all year. When they beat the Ducks, he was bouncing off the walls all week. I'm glad we still blasted them in the apple cup, but next year in pullman will be a different story. We better already be bowl eligible by that game and have the pass D cranked to 11.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzy hates Leach, but he's running out of bullets to trash him these days. Leach pulled it together this year and did it will a new QB. Nice crew of WRs. D that can keep a lot of teams honest.

The coug that's in the group at my work was pretty happy all year. When they beat the Ducks, he was bouncing off the walls all week. I'm glad we still blasted them in the apple cup, but next year in pullman will be a different story. We better already be bowl eligible by that game and have the pass D cranked to 11.
Agreed, I've been eyeballing the Ducks playing the Cougs and Huskies back to back next season and how it's actually going to be an actual challenge this time around.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a different topic...Did the Stanford band just play the theme song to Fraggle Rock?

I didn't see the halftime bands play but someone told me they played the theme to Farmers only dot com when the big cow came out.
I guess they pissed some people off. I've got mixed feelings about them being allowed to do some of the things they do.
Anyway, great game Stanford . Way to show you were really one of the top teams in the country. USC and UCLA need some serious work but I'm still going to the SC Alabama opener next season. Loved Codys heart but you just have to be a bigger QB with a bigger arm if you're not a QB with any quickness to extend plays.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still say fuck Leach right in his stumpy face. But it was an amazing season but still bittersweet we got stuck in a second rate bowl with that second rate CBS.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Loved Codys heart but you just have to be a bigger QB with a bigger arm if you're not a QB with any quickness to extend plays.

Yeah, he's more athletic than he gets credit for, but not athletic or fast enough given his size. For the most part, he did a good job of moving around in the pocket to avoid sacks, but there were many times over the years that his lack of speed and size hurt him and caused him to get sacked, have a pass knocked down or forced to throw the ball away rather than be able to make a play.

He's smart, a good leader and is an accurate passer, so he'll likely spend some time in the NFL as a backup qb before he eventually becomes a coach or an analyst or something.

The QB competition between Max Browne and Sam Darnold should be interesting. From what I've read and heard, Max is the big arm, NFL prototype passer, while Darnold is more of a dual threat. I'm glad Helton has already said that come opening day, there will be one starting qb. None of that 2 qb crap like Kiffin did with Kessler and Wittek the season he got fired.

Last edited:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he's more athletic than he gets credit for, but not athletic or fast enough given his size. For the most part, he did a good job of moving around in the pocket to avoid sacks, but there were many times over the years that his lack of speed and size hurt him and caused him to get sacked, have a pass knocked down or forced to throw the ball away rather than be able to make a play.

He's smart, a good leader and is an accurate passer, so he'll likely spend some time in the NFL as a backup qb before he eventually becomes a coach or an analyst or something.

The QB competition between Max Browne and Sam Darnold should be interesting. From what I've read and heard, Max is the big arm, NFL prototype passer, while Darnold is more of a dual threat. I'm glad Helton has already said that come opening day, there will be one starting qb. None of that 2 qb crap like Kiffin did with Kessler and Wittek the season he got fired.

Yeah I don't want to knock Cody especially on something he has no control over but the reason Brady and Payton are so dangerous (When Payton could throw) is because they are so tall and could take two- three steps and throw it to anyone even over the middle or quick slants. So you had to respect that. With Cody you knew he had to go back so far before he even though of throwing unless it was a quick bubble screen.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I don't want to knock Cody especially on something he has no control over but the reason Brady and Payton are so dangerous (When Payton could throw) is because they are so tall and could take two- three steps and throw it to anyone even over the middle or quick slants. So you had to respect that. With Cody you knew he had to go back so far before he even though of throwing unless it was a quick bubble screen.

Yeah, hard to criticize a guy for not being born tall enough. Considering his height and that Barkley wasn't much, if any taller, it might explain why we saw so many bubble screens under Kiffin and Sark. I liked Helton's solution better though. Screw the bubble screens and run the damn ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.