• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was super lazy and grabbed the current PAC and took what the database spit out per conference. It might be a couple games off - but not enough to sway the lopsided results.

HuskerinBig10

Dad, World Traveler, Investor, college football
Hoopla Cash
$ 436.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This whole Pac vs B1G discussion - to put things into perspective here are the results from last 5 decades:

PAC revord vs B1G

1970 - 1979 = 62 - 44 -2
1980 - 1989 = 44 - 34
1990 - 1999 = 36 - 31 -2
2000 - 2009 = 35 -23
2010 - 2014 = 17 -12
2015 = 2 - 5

The B1G can claim this year with out a doubt. But over the last 5 decades it's really not even close.

Seems to be bothering you though.:D

What fun is the internet if I cannot sit at the airport and do some bear poking?

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What do you make of this SC fans?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy new years to all of our pack friends. May you and your families find happiness and prosperity in the coming year.

Fuck your teams though.

:suds:

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't run a pro style offense. This is why he was fired as a pro head coach. It's a gimmick. Shtick. It's smoke and mirrors. Option mixed with push as fast as you can go. And it worked well for several years. Teams took a bit to catch up to stopping it. It can't and won't work in the pros and isn't as deadly as it was in college now that teams are ready for it.

The reason Kelly will struggle to find a college team isn't his gimmicks though. His show cause is still a problem and his overall personality is a big glaring problem.
I'm pretty sure the show cause was only for two years and ended already, but I could be wrong. As to his personality he's brash and can rub some people wrong, but so can Saban, Miles, and the pirate, to name a few. Some program will take a chance with him sooner or later.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pretty sure the show cause was only for two years and ended already, but I could be wrong. As to his personality he's brash and can rub some people wrong, but so can Saban, Miles, and the pirate, to name a few. Some program will take a chance with him sooner or later.
Even a two year expired show cause will get many boosters to ask questions don't you think? Perception is everything. Questions about his involvement in paying for players will dog him anywhere he goes in college. Doesn't mean he can't find a job, but it's still going to be a thing that has to be overcome.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even a two year expired show cause will get many boosters to ask questions don't you think? Perception is everything. Questions about his involvement in paying for players will dog him anywhere he goes in college. Doesn't mean he can't find a job, but it's still going to be a thing that has to be overcome.
Fair enough, I don't think that's going to deter as many programs as you may think. Chip can be very charismatic when he needs to be and if they are serious about winning Chip has proven he can make it happen. As I said, for better or worse some team, be it pro or collegiate, will take a chance on him sooner or later.

That said where is that little Husker B1G :nutswing:now after MSU got it's shit pushed in by Bama?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough, I don't think that's going to deter as many programs as you may think. Chip can be very charismatic when he needs to be and if they are serious about winning Chip has proven he can make it happen. As I said, for better or worse some team, be it pro or collegiate, will take a chance on him sooner or later.

That said where is that little Husker B1G :nutswing:now after MSU got it's shit pushed in by Bama?
The show cause is only one issue and it's by no means the largest.

Pros: His insistence on having full player acquisition rights and then not producing are big. He pissed off players and didn't get along well with pretty much anyone in that organization, but everyone knows in the pros winning is all that matters. Still, you can't be a total asshat AND lose. Good luck finding a HC position on any team with that winning combination. I honestly think there is no way he is a HC at the pro level again unless he takes a job as OC and redeems his offensive schemes. He simply hasn't ever proven he can do anything at that level.

College: I don't have to tell duck fans how bad he is with boosters and the media. He doesn't do schmoozing. Not a big deal at a school with one mega booster that only cares about winning. Schools like USC, Texas and some of the others people tried to see him at wouldn't stand for that shit. They can't. He's a coach like Leach and would find himself going to a school like that. Smaller but still P5 school that can get the boosters in line because he wins. I really can't see him at a major school because of his personality. Winning or not.

This year: It's pretty much too late to find a decent HC job at the college level and I really don't see any of the pro jobs that are about to open up going after him. He hasn't proven that he can run a pro team, more or less find a team willing to take on his attitude while winning. I think he probably doesn't coach any team for this next season. He might consult with some team or do something else behind the scenes, but unless he's willing to drop to OC now I don't think he walks any sideline.

After that, I see him more in college than the pros. Some school will take a risk on him after next season. Depends on how picky he is as to whether or not it's just one year he sits out.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The show cause was one of the reasons I didn't want USC going after Chip. The last thing a team that just got off of probation needs is to go hiring a coach that had a recent show cause and raise the NCAA's eyebrows.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he probably doesn't coach any team for this next season.

All things considered, that's probably his smartest move. All of the bigger college jobs are taken already and as you point out, NFL teams are unlikely to be interested in him given how things ended in Philly.

He has 2 years and $13 million guaranteed from Philly for the last 2 years of his contract. He's probably best served to just sit out for a season or 2 and let the job offers (especially from college teams) roll in and he can pick pretty much whoever he wants.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All things considered, that's probably his smartest move. All of the bigger college jobs are taken already and as you point out, NFL teams are unlikely to be interested in him given how things ended in Philly.

He has 2 years and $13 million guaranteed from Philly for the last 2 years of his contract. He's probably best served to just sit out for a season or 2 and let the job offers (especially from college teams) roll in and he can pick pretty much whoever he wants.

Exactly, T12. He's a very successful coach and he will be in great demand by many in spite of his shady rep and for some, because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.