• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eason is as good as they say, Washington should have said the same thing. You have to keep a kid of that caliber in state.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Eason is as good as they say, Washington should have said the same thing. You have to keep a kid of that caliber in state.
They may have said the same thing. Clearly starting true freshman is something Petersen has no issues doing. I don't know what Georgia's qb situation is, but I'm guessing he would rather go there and compete with who they have than go to washington to compete with a guy who won the job as a true freshman last year. If he came to UW and doesn't beat out Browning for the spot next year, he's probably going to have a lot of waiting to do. Makes sense he'd go somewhere he's basically guaranteed to start as a true or redshirt freshman.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit the last post I mad was my 1000th? Another 8 years and I might catch TF12 and Wiz, or at least their current status. Then again a few more threads denigrating Shaw or Cmac may get me there quicker.

I'm creeping up on 2k. Does that mean I catch TF12 and Wiz in 4 years? lol

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may have said the same thing. Clearly starting true freshman is something Petersen has no issues doing. I don't know what Georgia's qb situation is, but I'm guessing he would rather go there and compete with who they have than go to washington to compete with a guy who won the job as a true freshman last year. If he came to UW and doesn't beat out Browning for the spot next year, he's probably going to have a lot of waiting to do. Makes sense he'd go somewhere he's basically guaranteed to start as a true or redshirt freshman.

Less competition in the SEC for a QB. I heard something this morning. That the last time an Alabama alum QB won a game in the Pros was Jeff Rutledge in the 1980s.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes kids just want out. I had no problem leaving my home town to go to school. I wanted to get away. I didnt leave the state but would have if neccessary. staying home and going to school just wasnt an option for me.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Eason to Georgia: Bulldogs Land 5-Star QB Prospect

In the end, firing Mark Richtdidn't cost the University of Georgia its top recruit. Five-star quarterback Jacob Eason announced Tuesday that he remains committed to the Bulldogs, concluding a whirlwind reopening of his recruitment.

Eric Wilkinson of KING-TV first reported the news. UGASports.com confirmed Eason is sticking with his original choice.

Eason was said to be reconsidering Georgia once the Bulldogs fired Richt after 15 seasons. He scheduled an official visit with Florida and opinion soon began to fracture about where he was headed. 247Sports' projections also gave Notre Dame, Alabama, Washington and Stanford a chance at landing the Lake Stevens, Washington, product.

Eason could end up the starter for the Bulldogs as a true freshman which may of influenced his decision.

It's pretty obvious to me, that he wants to follow in Stafford's footsteps, he already has the hair

12152015-eason01-780x556.jpg

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Prukop is in fact transfering to Oregon

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th year senior QB Dakota Prukop has chosen Oregon. He will be eligible to play for the 2016 season.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5th year senior QB Dakota Prukop has chosen Oregon. He will be eligible to play for the 2016 season.
I wonder if this will become a regular thing for the ducks

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We already have an outstanding QB who was a freshman this year and the projected starter for the next 2-3 years. Eason is expecting to start right away. Happens.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if this will become a regular thing for the ducks
Well, 2 years in a row... do we need 3 to call it regular?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big difference here is this kid will be ready to go in the Spring, unlike VA who had to wait until basically end of August to get on campus.

This is HUGE!

HUGE!!!!!! FOR OREGON!!!

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big difference here is this kid will be ready to go in the Spring, unlike VA who had to wait until basically end of August to get on campus.

This is HUGE!

HUGE!!!!!! FOR OREGON!!!

Just saw his highlight tape. Decent but not Natty on a Platter worthy IMO. Not a fluid thrower like Marriota ( he looks like Dirk Nowitski kicking his legs out on some passes) and not near as athletic as Adams. He's a keep you honest runner kinda like Hogan. With the RBs Oregon has coming back they'd be doing the other team a favor using this kid in the option.
I just think it does Oregon more damage than he's gonna help. I can't Imagine the parents and coaches of top HS QBs will be itching to send a kid to oregon knowing how they have been restocking that position with hired guns and not using the ones they recruited. How long before we hear about some transfers out of Oregon?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
why did i get an alert to someone quoting me to find no one did?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish there was a CAL fan here for me to thumb my nose at. The last time CAL played in the rose bowl they got beat by Iowa, in 1959. Tickets to the game confirmed, tailgate (open bar and all you can eat) confirmed, room confirmed, car and flight confirmed. Be honest, did anyone see a day when Stanford would be playing in the Rose Bowl 3 times in 4 years. I sure as hell didn't and I was there for Green and Walsh (v2.0).

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just wish there was a CAL fan here for me to thumb my nose at. The last time CAL played in the rose bowl they got beat by Iowa, in 1959. Tickets to the game confirmed, tailgate (open bar and all you can eat) confirmed, room confirmed, car and flight confirmed. Be honest, did anyone see a day when Stanford would be playing in the Rose Bowl 3 times in 4 years. I sure as hell didn't and I was there for Green and Walsh (v2.0).
No. Harbaugh did wonders and Shaw has done a great job keeping it going.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have one rule when defining a sport. Is the goal to score points while doing as much physical damage to your opponent as possible in a team activity? To me water polo is far more of a sport than soccer. Don't even get me started on Baseball of nascar.
View attachment 64906
Some of the stories I have from playing competitive Youth Soccer in Phoenix would probably qualify for you. I was a defender that perfected the are of sliding in trapping the ball and having the kid I was tackling eat grass as I stood up and ran the other way with the ball. One of my coaches had his knee cap spun around to the back of his knee under the skin when he was tackled in a semi-pro game once. Just because the Europeans play it like it is a game of who's the best submarine doesn't mean there aren't some hard nosed players out there.
Just saw his highlight tape. Decent but not Natty on a Platter worthy IMO. Not a fluid thrower like Marriota ( he looks like Dirk Nowitski kicking his legs out on some passes) and not near as athletic as Adams. He's a keep you honest runner kinda like Hogan. With the RBs Oregon has coming back they'd be doing the other team a favor using this kid in the option.
I just think it does Oregon more damage than he's gonna help. I can't Imagine the parents and coaches of top HS QBs will be itching to send a kid to oregon knowing how they have been restocking that position with hired guns and not using the ones they recruited. How long before we hear about some transfers out of Oregon?
This is also assuming he wins the job. I have my doubts he will beat out what the Ducks already have on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.