• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of the stories I have from playing competitive Youth Soccer in Phoenix would probably qualify for you. I was a defender that perfected the are of sliding in trapping the ball and having the kid I was tackling eat grass as I stood up and ran the other way with the ball. One of my coaches had his knee cap spun around to the back of his knee under the skin when he was tackled in a semi-pro game once. Just because the Europeans play it like it is a game of who's the best submarine doesn't mean there aren't some hard nosed players out there.

This is also assuming he wins the job. I have my doubts he will beat out what the Ducks already have on the team.

I'm not naive enough to think that a player especially a QB coming in for his last year isn't given some assurance that barring an injury the job is his to lose.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USCs schedule for next year is out. Brutal out of conference schedule but I like it this way. USC plays current
#2-#6-#8-#15-#22

Sept. 3 - vs. Alabama Crimson Tide at Arlington, Texas
Sept. 10 - Utah State Aggies
Sept. 17 - at Stanford Cardinal
Sept. 23 - at Utah Utes - Friday Night.
Oct. 1 - Arizona State Sun Devils
Oct. 8 - Colorado Buffaloes
Oct. 15 - at Arizona Wildcats
Oct. 27 - California Golden Bears - Thursday Night.
Nov. 5 - Oregon Ducks
Nov. 12 - at Washington Huskies
Nov. 19 - at UCLA Bruins
Nov. 26 - Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah they released all of them

azchamps

Hoopla Cash
$ 84.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USCs schedule for next year is out. Brutal out of conference schedule but I like it this way. USC plays current
#2-#6-#8-#15-#22

Sept. 3 - vs. Alabama Crimson Tide at Arlington, Texas
Sept. 10 - Utah State Aggies
Sept. 17 - at Stanford Cardinal
Sept. 23 - at Utah Utes - Friday Night.
Oct. 1 - Arizona State Sun Devils
Oct. 8 - Colorado Buffaloes
Oct. 15 - at Arizona Wildcats
Oct. 27 - California Golden Bears - Thursday Night.
Nov. 5 - Oregon Ducks
Nov. 12 - at Washington Huskies
Nov. 19 - at UCLA Bruins
Nov. 26 - Notre Dame Fighting Irish

The way I see it, ya'll beat bama, I don't see anybody that will stop you from going to the playoffs.

trojanfight

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, ya'll beat bama, I don't see anybody that will stop you from going to the playoffs.

Na that was always USC's biggest problem. Win out of conference big games but lose in conference to the Oregon State's or UCLA (before the were decent)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon got commit from JC linebacker A.J. Hotchkins. Oregon HS to UC riverside CC. 3* and rated 39 JC player by Rivals

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Na that was always USC's biggest problem. Win out of conference big games but lose in conference to the Oregon State's or UCLA (before the were decent)

Everyone says it was their biggest "problem" . They did run off 33 straight at one point during the Pete years. Show me how many teams go undefeated during an entire season. Alabama hasn't done it under Saban and Ohio State didn't do it last year or this year. Oregon has never done it during current their run. But somehow USC is singled out. These are young kids especially at USC with most of the star Juniors not sticking around for their senior year. Most teams even the great ones lose a game but USC has or had (not sure if it was eclipsed) the most appearances in BCS games and the best winning percentage. Which tells me when the game mattered most and the opponent was a top one the team showed up.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone says it was their biggest "problem" . They did run off 33 straight at one point during the Pete years. Show me how many teams go undefeated during an entire season. Alabama hasn't done it under Saban and Ohio State didn't do it last year or this year. Oregon has never done it during current their run. But somehow USC is singled out. These are young kids especially at USC with most of the star Juniors not sticking around for their senior year. Most teams even the great ones lose a game but USC has or had (not sure if it was eclipsed) the most appearances in BCS games and the best winning percentage. Which tells me when the game mattered most and the opponent was a top one the team showed up.
But like people saying Oregon has an Arizona problem or an Arizona problem or a physical team prolem, USC had a "how and why did they lose that game to a team thats barely even .500" did it again with Washington this season.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But like people saying Oregon has an Arizona problem or an Arizona problem or a physical team prolem, USC had a "how and why did they lose that game to a team thats barely even .500" did it again with Washington this season.

The Washington game this year has nothing to do with the teams of the past. This team wasn't that good so that loss to Washington wasn't like when USC lost to Oregon State to get knocked out of a possible BCS final.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Washington game this year has nothing to do with the teams of the past. This team wasn't that good so that loss to Washington wasn't like when USC lost to Oregon State to get knocked out of a possible BCS final.
but none the less USC has a game nearly every season that makes everyone ask why or how they lost. losing to oregon and Stanford this year not a big ? but washington kinda is.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but none the less USC has a game nearly every season that makes everyone ask why or how they lost. losing to oregon and Stanford this year not a big ? but washington kinda is.

Have you been under a rock? Sark was a mess around that time. Could explain why the team wasn't prepared.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in 14 losing to 7-6 Boston College
and in 13 losing to 6-7 WSU
and in 11 losingt to 6-7 Arizona State
and in 10 losing to 5-7 Oregon State
and in 09 losing to 5-7 Washington
and in 07 losing to 4-8 Stanford
and in 06 losing to 7-6 UCLA

I skipped 12 because USC was average themselves
and skipped 08 because only lose was to a solid 9 win OSU.

but other than that for the last decade at least 1 loss to a team that should not have beat USC.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and in 14 losing to 7-6 Boston College
and in 13 losing to 6-7 WSU
and in 11 losingt to 6-7 Arizona State
and in 10 losing to 5-7 Oregon State
and in 09 losing to 5-7 Washington
and in 07 losing to 4-8 Stanford
and in 06 losing to 7-6 UCLA

I skipped 12 because USC was average themselves
and skipped 08 because only lose was to a solid 9 win OSU.

but other than that for the last decade at least 1 loss to a team that should not have beat USC.

Go back to where I stated that very few teams go undefeated. Every loss has it's own reason. Boston College was terrible coaching. No adjustments and an O line starting three freshmen in their first road game and the center goes down. Oregon state in 10 was getting behind early to an inferior team and not coming all the way back. Different teams different reasons.
Alabama is in the playoffs and lost to unranked Ol Miss. Stanford lost to Northwestern. Oklahoma lost to unranked Texas and is in the playoffs. Michigan State lost to unranked Nebraska and is in the playoffs.It's not easy for teams to win every single one no matter how good they are. USC those years had players leaving for the draft and teams with mostly sophomores and Juniors that are more likely to have that one game they let down against a team they should beat. You have a team with juniors and seniors and you have less of a chance. Get back to me when Oregon goes undefeated.

Last edited:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go back to where I stated that very few teams go undefeated. Every loss has it's own reason. Boston College was terrible coaching. No adjustments and an O line starting three freshmen in their first road game and the center goes down. Oregon state in 10 was getting behind early to an inferior team and not coming all the way back. Different teams different reasons.
Alabama is in the playoffs and lost to unranked Ol Miss. Stanford lost to Northwestern. Oklahoma lost to unranked Texas and is in the playoffs. Michigan State lost to unranked Nebraska and is in the playoffs.It's not easy for teams to win every single one no matter how good they are. USC those years had players leaving for the draft and teams with mostly sophomores and Juniors that are more likely to have that one game they let down against a team they should beat. You have a team with juniors and seniors and you have less of a chance. Get back to me when Oregon goes undefeated.
Oregon did go undefeated in the regular season. No one questions losing a game to another highly ranked team in the championship game. its when you are 11-1 and lose to 5-7 teams that people scratch their heads.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon did go undefeated in the regular season. No one questions losing a game to another highly ranked team in the championship game. its when you are 11-1 and lose to 5-7 teams that people scratch their heads.

This year Oregon lost to unranked Washington State
2014- lost to then un ranked Arizona
2013-lost to unranked Arizona
2011- lost to unranked USC
2009- lost to unranked Stanford
2008-lost to unranked Cal and Unranked Boise State

These are your glory years I assume and no championships and seven losses to unranked teams in six years. I'm amazed you have time ( and the balls) to talk about USC teams who accomplished more even though they lost to lesser teams at times.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacob Eason to Georgia: Bulldogs Land 5-Star QB Prospect

In the end, firing Mark Richtdidn't cost the University of Georgia its top recruit. Five-star quarterback Jacob Eason announced Tuesday that he remains committed to the Bulldogs, concluding a whirlwind reopening of his recruitment.

Eric Wilkinson of KING-TV first reported the news. UGASports.com confirmed Eason is sticking with his original choice.

Eason was said to be reconsidering Georgia once the Bulldogs fired Richt after 15 seasons. He scheduled an official visit with Florida and opinion soon began to fracture about where he was headed. 247Sports' projections also gave Notre Dame, Alabama, Washington and Stanford a chance at landing the Lake Stevens, Washington, product.

Eason could end up the starter for the Bulldogs as a true freshman which may of influenced his decision.

Can't really blame, the SEC sucks balls with quarterbacks. He'll Cyler Miles would've been a top 5 guy for them

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This year Oregon lost to unranked Washington State
2014- lost to then un ranked Arizona
2013-lost to unranked Arizona
2011- lost to unranked USC
2009- lost to unranked Stanford
2008-lost to unranked Cal and Unranked Boise State

These are your glory years I assume and no championships and seven losses to unranked teams in six years. I'm amazed you have time ( and the balls) to talk about USC teams who accomplished more even though they lost to lesser teams at times.
its not about ranked or unranked.
teams that are on near the same are very different than what USC was doing.
9-3 oregon losing to 8-4 WSU
2014 13-2 Oregon lost to 10-4 Arizona who won the South division
13 11-2 Oregon lost to 8-4 Arizona is comprable
11 12-2 Oregon lost to 10-2 USC
09 10-3 Oregon lost to 8-2 Stanford
08 10-3 Oregon lost to 9-3 Cal and 12-1 Boise

do you see the difference in those and 11-2 USC losing to 4-8 Stanford or 10-4 USC losign to 6-7 WSU

Status
Not open for further replies.