• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my understanding is it's pick order after the rose bowl. So the Alamo bowl has first pick, they would typically take the 2nd place team (or the team with the best record since there really isn't places after 1st with the conference split up), but really they can take who've they want. That's just my understanding though. I could be wrong...
I think so but I also think they have to take a team with in a certain number of wins. like they coulndt take a 7 win team before a 9 win team.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my understanding is it's pick order after the rose bowl. So the Alamo bowl has first pick, they would typically take the 2nd place team (or the team with the best record since there really isn't places after 1st with the conference split up), but really they can take who've they want. That's just my understanding though. I could be wrong...
Tough call on how you determine 2nd with division titles. Still too early to predict IMO. I'm expecting Stanford to win the PAC. I see SC getting blown out that bad tackling and defense isn't going to cut it with Stanford. And I think they put everything they had into UCLA. But the variables are strange. We may need a ruling from the mayor of the scenario village on how that works

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side the CCG is a Saturday so people might actually show up to that abomination that is LEVI's Stadium.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to USC and Standford for winning their divisions. Wild year for the PAC 12 but a fun one to watch. Good luck to all teams in the bowl games.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On the bright side the CCG is a Saturday so people might actually show up to that abomination that is LEVI's Stadium.

Just announced that USC has removed the interim tag from Clay Helton. I know the players wanted this badly. It will be interesting to see how they respond. Do they come in relaxed, relieved and let down a little? Or do they come out on fire trying to show that the right decision was made?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just announced that USC has removed the interim tag from Clay Helton. I know the players wanted this badly. It will be interesting to see how they respond. Do they come in relaxed, relieved and let down a little? Or do they come out on fire trying to show that the right decision was made?
Yeah that scares me a bit, then again trying to beat SC two times in a year scares me no matter what. I hope the Stanford corners can hang with the weapons on the perimeter.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah that scares me a bit, then again trying to beat SC two times in a year scares me no matter what. I hope the Stanford corners can hang with the weapons on the perimeter.

It's going to be an interesting game no doubt. In many ways, this is a completely different team than the one that played Stanford in game 3. That team had a run/pass mix that was about 52% pass and 48% run. Now it's been closer to 65% run and 35% pass.

I still expect Stanford to win because they have more experienced players. I think USC has better athletes, but Stanford is currently a better team. I don't hate our chances though. Especially if we can get the run established to open up the passing game and get our athletes some space to operate in.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tough call on how you determine 2nd with division titles. Still too early to predict IMO. I'm expecting Stanford to win the PAC. I see SC getting blown out that bad tackling and defense isn't going to cut it with Stanford. And I think they put everything they had into UCLA. But the variables are strange. We may need a ruling from the mayor of the scenario village on how that works

SC's defense is built entirely on getting take-aways. If the other teams offense doesn't make a mistake they're going to score.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC's defense is built entirely on getting take-aways. If the other teams offense doesn't make a mistake they're going to score.
I agree they are built to gamble. And have been either really bad or really good all year, The biggest problem i have with it. Either way they have to make those tackles. Thats just sloppy fundamentals. And at least try to keep receivers in check and not roaming free. They did look to improve win the secondary after going man. But its wait and see imo

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will respect TF's superstition, even I have those. Any other Trojan fans up for an AVI bet? @963BUSC @socaljim242 ?

Sorry I'm a little bit insane when it comes to superstition. (maybe a lot) I can't bet on my teams to win as it is major bad mojo. Almost as bad as trash talking your opponent before the game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know i would but i promised doobs I wouldn't make any navy bets. Ive got to host the doobs show from december 3rd until he gets back from Dubai in january. Thats why i have this navy up now. It would be a long time before i can honor an avy bet should i lose

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That makes sense.

I believe for the next tier bowl games (Alamo) after the BCS level ones like rose and fiesta, that they can't deep dive down the final conf standings to take someone like a 7-5 record Texas just because they know it would instantly fill the most seats and tv eyeballs. They have to take who is rated 2nd or 3rd in the PAC after rose and playoff scenarios happen.

For the PAC aligned bowls after that, they have a rule that they can pick a team that is one slot lower in the standings than the conf ranking that's assigned to their bowl (finished 4th in the PAC final standings, etc...) to make sure they don't get stuck with the same team year after year if that team keeps finishing in the same spot for a couple. I believe 2 down in the list of final conf rankings is the max they can ever dive to pick a team under the rules. But the rule provides them the flexibility they need to keep from having the same team in their bowl for years which makes sense.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree they are built to gamble. And have been either really bad or really good all year, The biggest problem i have with it. Either way they have to make those tackles. Thats just sloppy fundamentals. And at least try to keep receivers in check and not roaming free. They did look to improve win the secondary after going man. But its wait and see imo
One huge issue Ive had with the defense is some one day one being in Imans ear and telling him it's useless to have someone covered if you don't turn around and find the ball and knock it down . I saw he wasn't doing that in game one and consistently teams were going after him on third downs and in the end zone. Its like teams knew they had that so they only used it when it mattered most. You see at this recent game he actually turned around and made interceptions.
As far as Helton goes I see ND fans and OD giddy saying USC whiffed. But I see players playing hard I see adjustments at critical times I see more of the playbook. Nothing is for sure but I'm glad he's been given this opportunity.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They kind of had to take Helton, whether it was the sexy option or not.
That team has had like 4 different people coaching it in the last 3 years? :noidea:
The kids played better after Kiffin left and they have shown a lot of heart and support for Helton now after Sark was fired. I'd bet anything his name wasn't at the top of the list, but the kids are supporting him and they finally beat UCLA after losing the last 3 years to them. Beating rivals matters.
It should keep the kids there happy and help them not miss a beat on the recruiting fronts.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the openings does anyone expect Sark to get a job this year or will it be a few years out?

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the openings does anyone expect Sark to get a job this year or will it be a few years out?
I don't expect him to get a head coaching job anytime soon, if ever. I wouldn't be shocked if he coaches somewhere though. Position coach in the NFL seems to be the common guess/assumption about his future.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry I'm a little bit insane when it comes to superstition. (maybe a lot) I can't bet on my teams to win as it is major bad mojo. Almost as bad as trash talking your opponent before the game.

I'm gonna have to have a talk with my Mom re: my twin brother that I knew nothing about. Outside of the occasional avy bet, I never bet on any of my teams and do very little trash talking before a game for the same reason. :lol:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't expect him to get a head coaching job anytime soon, if ever. I wouldn't be shocked if he coaches somewhere though. Position coach in the NFL seems to be the common guess/assumption about his future.

Yeah. He'll probably be able to go be an OC or position coach in the NFL for awhile. If he's successful and still wants to be a college head coach, someone will give him a shot, but it'll be a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.