• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I posted that I was ok with what you have. Thanks Clarkson - Good luck the rest of the way.
I've been making gifs for rivalry week didn't see it :L doobs nailed me with the bill. I made the rest a little more humiliating. if you can't pick on yourself...........

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Patrick reported that USC has 3 Head Coaching candidates on their list and already has a verbal commitment from one of them. He didn't mention any names (says he can't) other than to say that Chip Kelly isn't one of the names on the list. I don't know who his USC source is, but he is usually pretty accurate with his USC info.

I think Helton may still have a shot if we beat UCLA and win the CCG. Outside of that, I don't think he gets the job. Hopefully, whoever they get won't leave me pissed off. I really like Helton.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dan Patrick reported that USC has 3 Head Coaching candidates on their list and already has a verbal commitment from one of them. He didn't mention any names (says he can't) other than to say that Chip Kelly isn't one of the names on the list. I don't know who his USC source is, but he is usually pretty accurate with his USC info.

I think Helton may still have a shot if we beat UCLA and win the CCG. Outside of that, I don't think he gets the job. Hopefully, whoever they get won't leave me pissed off. I really like Helton.
Jeff Tedford, Dan Hawkins, Dirk Koetter

Texas Jefe

Come and take it
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Al Golden

He has experience leading teams out of sanctions. Oh drats, USC is already moved out sanctions :gaah:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Comments like this are why non-Ducks fans laugh at you and why Ducks fans respond to you with :burt:
you know Helton is NOT the guy USC needs or really wants.

He is not the big name hire that the program needs or wants.

You guys better make the right choice this time around, you've had 2 fails within a short amount of time.

A 3rd hire will do worse for your program than the sanctions.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you know Helton is NOT the guy USC needs or really wants.

He is not the big name hire that the program needs or wants.

You guys better make the right choice this time around, you've had 2 fails within a short amount of time.

A 3rd hire will do worse for your program than the sanctions.

Actually, Helton would be just fine. Some top recruits have actually tweeted that want Helton. USC does not need a big name coach. Name one coach USC coach who was a big name when he was hired.

Arguably, the 3 greatest coaches in USC history are John McKay, John Robinson and Pete Carroll. No one knew who McKay or Robinson were when they took over and Carroll was considered a failed NFL coach who had been fired from his last 2 jobs.

USC needs a football coach, period.

It's hilarious that you think you know what USC needs.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course recruits are going to say they want whatever coach is recruiting them.

These are 18 year old kids.

It's like going to a homecoming date in HS with a decent looking girl. Of course you are happy and going to say you want to go with her, but really, you want to go with the older homecoming queen.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course recruits are going to say they want whatever coach is recruiting them.

These are 18 year old kids.

It's like going to a homecoming date in HS with a decent looking girl. Of course you are happy and going to say you want to go with her, but really, you want to go with the older homecoming queen.

Your analogy is flawed. The current players wanting him, which they do, fits your analogy because they already made their choice, want to continue to be happy with it and Helton is familiar to them. The recruits still have other options available, so for them to want Helton indicates that retaining him would be a reason for them to pick USC.

End of the day, USC always has talent because there are always going to be top recruits who choose USC because it's USC. They just need a coach who knows how to coach them and make them better.

Example, Paul Hackett (who was actually a name coach before he got to USC) was fired and claimed that he couldn't recruit because of the area USC was in. Pete Carroll came in, won with Hacketts recruits and then continued winning with his own.

It's pretty funny when you look at some of the names that were on Paul Hacketts last team (Carson Palmer, Troy Polamalu, just to name a couple) and who went to the NFL. Turned out, the recruiting was just fine, they just needed a coach.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Preseason everyone was all about the South and the North had little or no love.
Then 7 Oregon and 21 Stanford vs 8 USC, 13 UCLA, 15 ASU and 22 Arizona
Now 13 Stanford, 18 oregon, 20 WSU vs 22 UCLA
9-2 Stanford, 8-3 Oregon, 8-3 WSU, and 1 other bowl eligible team
8-3 UCLA, 8-3 Utah, 7-4 USC and 2 other bowl eligible
North 13-10 over south with 1 game left.
Which division is better?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both divisions have strengths and weaknesses. Both have scary teams and cupcakes. How do you really decide which is better in a year where most of the teams in the middle are so vastly different game to game? That said, I still expect Stanford to win the Pac and I've been picking them since before the season started. Back when most duck fans were telling me I'm crazy, or at least more crazy than normal.

I've always leaned toward the teams with the more established QB's between close teams. That's why I'm taking USC over UCLA this week and why Stanford over USC for all the marbles.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mike Leach will be the next SC coach

Status
Not open for further replies.