• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blame that on the CA schools. As I recall, Stanford, Cal UCLA and USC demanded the weekender games continue, no matter the alignment. Had they not, the current alignment would have been far more equitable in terms of hits and misses in a given year around the conference. I find it funny to go on the Cal forums and hearing them bitch about how they got screwed by Stanford and USC for demanding the series continue, when in fact the loudest voices were from the UC's.
Going to 12 had been in discussion for more than a decade with the same roadblocks coming up meeting after meeting. The non Cali schools all were unwilling to have any alignment/schedules that didn't include at least one road game into that state every year no matter what, and the Cali schools weren't willing to part with any of their instate rivalries.

This really was the only option to make it happen.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox was an assistant under Petersen at Boise St. One of the reasons the Husky defense has performed as well as it has is that Wilcox basically runs the same defense he learned there, and when our new coaching crew arrived, most of the blue print was already implemented and they didn't have to blow things up and start all over again.

The offense was an entirely different issue as Sark and Petersen/Smith run very different styles in that department. That's were the building process really dragged on. It was an entire rebuild from scratch in many ways. Been frustrating, but you can see it's starting to come together.

At Boise St., Wilcox's defenses were some of the best rated in the country. He knows what he's doing. USC fans need to stop scapegoating him for the lack of depth and jr/senior talent on the roster. It's going to be at least another 1 to 2 years before your back to full strength and excuse time is over. This isn't 10 years ago. You need to stop acting as if this team is ready for national championships just because your USC.

Yeah thats exactly what I said. lol.
Is it so wrong to expect a decent freakin defense with a decent effort with players who actually know where they are supposed to be in the last couple games of the season? Especially the players USC gets? It's one thing to get tired at the end of the game if you're players short and give a good effort but you don't have the horses at the end but giving up easy ass TDs in the first ten minutes of the game is ridiculous. What he did at Boise impresses me as much as the coordinators at Texas A&M and Baylor and TCU do wich is not much. More often than not coaches from theses type of teams go on to do nothing at other schools.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise given that Falk's eligibility is in question, but none of the big boards are putting up a line on the apple cup yet. Ducks are favored by 34.5 against the beavs. Take the ducks minus the points all day long. Don't think it will take long for OSU to bounce back and be dangerous, but this isn't their year. Utah is 16.5 favorites over Colorado. I'd take the buffs minus the points to at least cover. Cal's a 4 points favorite against ASU. Again, I'd take the dog in that one. Furd is favored by 3.5 over ND. Probably wishful thinking but I can't stand ND. Go kick their asses. And of course USC is favored by 3 over the Bruins. Take USC. Still like the trees in the CCG though.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No surprise given that Falk's eligibility is in question, but none of the big boards are putting up a line on the apple cup yet. Ducks are favored by 34.5 against the beavs. Take the ducks minus the points all day long. Don't think it will take long for OSU to bounce back and be dangerous, but this isn't their year. Utah is 16.5 favorites over Colorado. I'd take the buffs minus the points to at least cover. Cal's a 4 points favorite against ASU. Again, I'd take the dog in that one. Furd is favored by 3.5 over ND. Probably wishful thinking but I can't stand ND. Go kick their asses. And of course USC is favored by 3 over the Bruins. Take USC. Still like the trees in the CCG though.
If ND's first string back is out that may make them more one dimensional. Their fourth best rusher is the QB they lost for the season (statistically). I am not confident for the game, but Stanford has to thrash ND resoundingly to have a shot at making a name for themselves. Though in all honesty, I would be happy with a CCG win and a Rose Bowl berth for the 6th time in my life time. It would be nice to take my pops to 3 RB in 4 years.

Some of the other power teams of tradition take that for granted but, given the up and down nature of Stanford Football, I will never take a New Years trip to Pasadena for granted.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to win the Apple Cup as bad as anyone but there is zero reason Luke Falk should play. Dude has been knocked out cold in two straight games. Regardless of the semantics of Leach saying he didn't have a concussion against UCLA he should not play

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only one fan base/team I can think of in recent times that felt like they were better than the Rose Bowl. Every other team would be proud to represent in the granddaddy of them all.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to win the Apple Cup as bad as anyone but there is zero reason Luke Falk should play. Dude has been knocked out cold in two straight games. Regardless of the semantics of Leach saying he didn't have a concussion against UCLA he should not play
They have extensive protocols to protect the players these days. As long as they aren't trying to do something to fudge them his safety will be priority #1. Still a very dangerous team without him. That backup of yours scored TD's in both games he has appeared in.

As most do, it will probably come down to turnovers so having a backup might lower the odds a bit for your squad, but that's a pretty complete team.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bender is suppose to be a pretty good QB. Falk barely beat him in camp.

And what I heard from the UCLA game was there is a doctor there that does the examinations and lets the staff know what he/she thinks but it is the WSU medical staff that determines if he goes plays or not. Either way if Falk is going to continue to play QB the dude needs to learn how to take a sack, it's scary.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's only one fan base/team I can think of in recent times that felt like they were better than the Rose Bowl. Every other team would be proud to represent in the granddaddy of them all.
False there is only 1 team that had about 3 players say they wanted to play in the National Championship rather than the Rose Bowl. and its not like no one else says it but it just happened that a few players said to the media.
and depending on how far back you go there are 2 teams with this. I know some USC fans that refered to it another Rose Bowl or going again and said with some snark and sarcasm.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False there is only 1 team that had about 3 players say they wanted to play in the National Championship rather than the Rose Bowl. and its not like no one else says it but it just happened that a few players said to the media.
and depending on how far back you go there are 2 teams with this. I know some USC fans that refered to it another Rose Bowl or going again and said with some snark and sarcasm.

The only way Rose Bowl and Huskies are in the same conversation - is if the Husky is speaking of another program/team.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only way Rose Bowl and Huskies are in the same conversation - is if the Husky is speaking of another program/team.
:lol:
# of Rose Bowl appearances/victories
UW 14/7
Oregon 7/3

UW is tied for 3rd in appearances and 3rd in victories ALL TIME.

That's what you call troll fail right there. :L

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol:
# of Rose Bowl appearances/victories
UW 14/7
Oregon 7/3

UW is tied for 3rd in appearances and 3rd in victories ALL TIME.

That's what you call troll fail right there. :L

Oh yeah, well how many of yours have been in the past 15 years since football was invented? - Oregon Fans

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All time Stanford is 6 for 15 in RB games. SMFH that is pretty abysmal. Then again the last time Cal was in the Rose Bowl Eisenhower was President (1959) and the last time they won one FDR was in office, so I can take solace in that.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well, the money has now trumped tradition. Say what you will, the Rose Bowl is not what it once was. Any players who say they would give up a shot at the NC to play in the Rose Bowl is full of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.