• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hear you but depth wasn't what caused the majority of TDs yesterday. Players were no where near open receivers. Every team has injuries but I've seen SC give up way more easy scores than they should and late in the season people even the second string should know their role. ir';s not like he thought he'd have a ton of depth so all of the players who could see action should be ready.

Those open receivers were there because of breakdowns in communication among the db's and lb's. A couple of the guys who are responsible for that communication and adjusting the defense to the offense were out. Now you have freshmen and sophomores taking on roles they aren't used to and no real experience to draw from.

If we were talking about juniors and seniors having those breakdowns, I'd be a lot more concerned. Considering that Wilcox has improved defenses everywhere he's been and how young he is, it's not likely that he suddenly forgot how to coach.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those open receivers were there because of breakdowns in communication among the db's and lb's. A couple of the guys who are responsible for that communication and adjusting the defense to the offense were out. Now you have freshmen and sophomores taking on roles they aren't used to and no real experience to draw from.

If we were talking about juniors and seniors having those breakdowns, I'd be a lot more concerned. Considering that Wilcox has improved defenses everywhere he's been and how young he is, it's not likely that he suddenly forgot how to coach.
Meh, you can't easily change people's mind when they are against a particular coach or coordinator. Those here that hate the Seahawks OC are entirely unreachable. Every ill is him and him alone. There are those of us that aren't convinced Smith can be a power 5 level OC for UW either.

Wilcox has been a solid DC for 4 different teams, 3 of which play in the toughest conferences. And he did so with other people's recruits. UW's current DC couldn't do shit with our defense last year and basically went super young this year. Had to have his kids. Wilcox hasn't had the same issues.

Honestly, I was more upset about losing Wilcox than I was Sark. I was always critical of Sark's lack of discipline and I wasn't sold on his offense. Never had a single complaint about anything Wilcox did here.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly, I was more upset about losing Wilcox than I was Sark. I was always critical of Sark's lack of discipline and I wasn't sold on his offense. Never had a single complaint about anything Wilcox did here.

I remember that. Pretty much all of you Dawgs fans were saying the same thing, "we appreciate Sark for making us competitive again, but you can have him. Just leave Wilcox alone."

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was Petros Papadakis (sp) was on the radio taking about how Wilcox is too smart and SC needs "dumber" coaches. SC gets the best players every year they need a simplistic coach like how Carroll was. Don't get too confusing when you should be able to just line 11 on 11 was the gist of the interview.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was Petros Papadakis (sp) was on the radio taking about how Wilcox is too smart and SC needs "dumber" coaches. SC gets the best players every year they need a simplistic coach like how Carroll was. Don't get too confusing when you should be able to just line 11 on 11 was the gist of the interview.
Yeah, I heard that interview too (Softy's show), but Petros has his own views that are often at odds with others even in the media business.

I mean how much sense does it make to say they need a coach that makes things more simple because they have the athletes to beat people up without having to really scheme for it? These are COLLEGE kids. At a higher institution. Why not have them be athletic AND play smart? :L

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilcox was an assistant under Petersen at Boise St. One of the reasons the Husky defense has performed as well as it has is that Wilcox basically runs the same defense he learned there, and when our new coaching crew arrived, most of the blue print was already implemented and they didn't have to blow things up and start all over again.

The offense was an entirely different issue as Sark and Petersen/Smith run very different styles in that department. That's were the building process really dragged on. It was an entire rebuild from scratch in many ways. Been frustrating, but you can see it's starting to come together.

At Boise St., Wilcox's defenses were some of the best rated in the country. He knows what he's doing. USC fans need to stop scapegoating him for the lack of depth and jr/senior talent on the roster. It's going to be at least another 1 to 2 years before your back to full strength and excuse time is over. This isn't 10 years ago. You need to stop acting as if this team is ready for national championships just because your USC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I heard that interview too (Softy's show), but Petros has his own views that are often at odds with others even in the media business.

I mean how much sense does it make to say they need a coach that makes things more simple because they have the athletes to beat people up without having to really scheme for it? These are COLLEGE kids. At a higher institution. Why not have them be athletic AND play smart? :L

Sometimes I wonder if Petros may have been hit in the head too many times when he played at USC.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC fans need to stop scapegoating him for the lack of depth and jr/senior talent on the roster. It's going to be at least another 1 to 2 years before your back to full strength and excuse time is over. This isn't 2006. You need to stop acting as if this team is ready for national championships just because your USC.

Agree 100%.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I wonder if Petros may have been hit in the head too many times when he played at USC.
Not only would the things he says support that, but he looks like he took one too many blows to the head.

I'd say I'm glad the regional fox sports channel that used to air a lot of husky games (basically the ones that now end up on the pac network) went under so we don't have to listen to him as a commentator anymore, but everyone else who calls college football games seems at least as bad, so it doesn't make much difference...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad now... he actually seems like a pretty cool dude when he does interviews with softy. I just couldn't stand him as a broadcaster...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petros still does games man. I've seen a few this season. He has done a couple of our games even.

There aren't many teams worth listening to anymore as it is.

Nothing will ever compare with the dulcet tones of Keith Jackson calling the big game on ABC every Saturday. Didn't matter who was playing, he was worth watching a game along with.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel bad now... he actually seems like a pretty cool dude when he does interviews with softy. I just couldn't stand him as a broadcaster...

He's actually pretty funny. He has an afternoon show with Matt "Money" Smith that's pretty good. He also generally knows his stuff, especially when he talks about USC. But sometimes, it's like he tries to be funny when it's not really necessary.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Petros still does games man. I've seen a few this season. He has done a couple of our games even.

There aren't many teams worth listening to anymore as it is.

Nothing will ever compare with the dulcet tones of Keith Jackson calling the big game on ABC every Saturday. Didn't matter who was playing, he was worth watching a game along with.
Really? I've noticed him doing sideline reporting for fox, but not calling games from the booth. Were they home games?

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my money John Lynch is one of the best color guys in the business right now. Then again, those Stanford guys are very articulate. :D

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For my money John Lynch is one of the best color guys in the business right now. Then again, those Stanford guys are very articulate. :D

Fuck the smart guys!!

Just practicing my trash talk in case we beat UCLA. :heh:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well this one is easy
Stanford won the North
winner of USC/UCLA will win the South

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way teams are currently spit in the north/south alignment isn't fair!

:tsk:

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way teams are currently spit in the north/south alignment isn't fair!

:tsk:
Blame that on the CA schools. As I recall, Stanford, Cal UCLA and USC demanded the weekender games continue, no matter the alignment. Had they not, the current alignment would have been far more equitable in terms of hits and misses in a given year around the conference. I find it funny to go on the Cal forums and hearing them bitch about how they got screwed by Stanford and USC for demanding the series continue, when in fact the loudest voices were from the UC's.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? I've noticed him doing sideline reporting for fox, but not calling games from the booth. Were they home games?
He did at least one of our home games. Not that I watched it since I'm at every game, but he was talking about it extensively with Softy going into that game. He was going to have someone in the booth with him that had only ever called MMA I believe. I did record that game, but I don't think I watched much of it in replay.

Status
Not open for further replies.