• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm visiting the family on Oahu for thanksgiving. Thank god the game is on FS1. Both my parents places don't have PAC12 net. Will be nice to have the family all together for the meal, crash out, and then up friday morning to watch the game while all the morons are out doing the black friday thing. Screw that. I'm watching the apple cup. Aloha and Go Dawgs!!!

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple Cup and Civil War are going to run into each other :L

I tell ya, the PAC and their television slots have just been downright awful this year. Giving most of our games 10:30 PM EST or later start times, the Civil War and Apple Cup being aired almost at the same time.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing to see here - just didn't like this thread on the 2nd page.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL - Please take care of Notre Dame - I don't want to see them in the Playoffs
As a life long Stanford fan, the ND game is the biggest of the year to me. Sure Cal and Oregon are rivals, and $C is the enemy, but I personally cannot stand ND.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how anyone can really like Notre Dame unless you're born into it being catholic. What is appealing really about them?

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a life long Stanford fan, the ND game is the biggest of the year to me. Sure Cal and Oregon are rivals, and $C is the enemy, but I personally cannot stand ND.

Beat those irish please. lol

As far as yesterdays game. What a disappointment. I think Wilcox lost Helton his shot at getting the head coaching job. Like i said. Vernon wont run so you dont need to worry about the read option. Play the run and fing cover the receivers. But I guess that's too much to ask for.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how anyone can really like Notre Dame unless you're born into it being catholic. What is appealing really about them?

That's why I don't like them. I went to catholic school and was forced to follow them by the nuns. We even said a prayer on fridays. But you need evil to have good so I'm glad they exist. As an SC fan its a great rivalry and going to Notre Dame stadium every couple of years is a great experience.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beat those irish please. lol

As far as yesterdays game. What a disappointment. I think Wilcox lost Helton his shot at getting the head coaching job. Like i said. Vernon wont run so you dont need to worry about the read option. Play the run and fing cover the receivers. But I guess that's too much to ask for.

I definitely think that he could have schemed better, or at least started bringing extra rushers sooner. In the 3rd quarter, when we were trying to come back, we got 2 or 3 stops in a row by doing that. I don't blame all of it on Wilcox though. With Smith and Dawson both out, we had some guys in positions they weren't used and they didn't respond well to some of what Oregon does. The communication in the defensive backfield just wasn't there for most of the game. We also can't ignore how well the defense played in the 4 games prior to this one.

I hope this doesn't cost Helton the job. I think if we beat UCLA and win the South (which "experts" had us picked to do) it will be tough to not give him the job. Especially if we manage to win the CCG and go to the Rose Bowl.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean I don't hate Notre Dame but I don't get how they so many fans or get so much love. I could understand tradition and the Catholic thing but they have been changing uniforms and systems and they left the Big East affiliation with was perfect for the religion aspect.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely think that he could have schemed better, or at least started bringing extra rushers sooner. In the 3rd quarter, when we were trying to come back, we got 2 or 3 stops in a row by doing that. I don't blame all of it on Wilcox though. With Smith and Dawson both out, we had some guys in positions they weren't used and they didn't respond well to some of what Oregon does. The communication in the defensive backfield just wasn't there for most of the game. We also can't ignore how well the defense played in the 4 games prior to this one.

I hope this doesn't cost Helton the job. I think if we beat UCLA and win the South (which "experts" had us picked to do) it will be tough to not give him the job. Especially if we manage to win the CCG and go to the Rose Bowl.

Even when the defense played well it wasn't for entire games. Overall his defense have been lacking. there's nothing he's done that makes me think he's going to do much better.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Notre Dame is the most polarizing team in cfb. Either you love them or hate them. Very few, if any, don't have an opinion about them one way or the other.

As a USC fan, I hate them, but respect the hell out of them. No disrespect to UCLA, but I consider ND our true rival (I think most Trojans do) because we are rivals by choice.

UCLA shares the same city and same conference, so there's no way we wouldn't be rivals. Notre Dame and USC have chosen to be rivals. Either team could have ended the rivalry over the years, but neither is willing to.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I don't love them or hate them, so I guess I don't get it. I can understand their rivals hating them but to me they are nowhere near like the Yankees or Cowboys or any of those teams that get the polarizing moniker cause of tradition.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even when the defense played well it wasn't for entire games. Overall his defense have been lacking. there's nothing he's done that makes me think he's going to do much better.

No defense plays well for an entire game in the PAC. The offenses are too good. You also have to consider that over his time at USC, he hasn't had a full roster of players to work with. Remember, he came in with Sark. We have a talented defense, but they are very young and have made "rookie mistakes" (as Helton called them).

I'm good with giving him another season or 2 with a full roster to show his stuff. There have been too many coaching changes over the past few years. I'd like a little stability for a change. It's part of why I'm behind Helton so much. It's hard to have continuity and stability on the field when there is none off the field.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See I don't love them or hate them, so I guess I don't get it. I can understand their rivals hating them but to me they are nowhere near like the Yankees or Cowboys or any of those teams that get the polarizing moniker cause of tradition.

Tradition is why that polarization exists. They were so good, for so many years that, as a cfb fan, you either fell in love with them or got sick of them. However, most will also admit that cfb is better when Notre Dame is relevant.

The fact that Notre Dame doesn't play in a conference adds to it as well. They aren't tied to conference scheduling, so they schedule teams from a variety of different conferences, thus spreading the love/hate to places where it might not exist otherwise.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess I never grew up hating them and I was a kid the last time they were relevent for more than one year here or there.

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apple Cup and Civil War are going to run into each other :L

I tell ya, the PAC and their television slots have just been downright awful this year. Giving most of our games 10:30 PM EST or later start times, the Civil War and Apple Cup being aired almost at the same time.

Fuck Larry Scott.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No defense plays well for an entire game in the PAC. The offenses are too good. You also have to consider that over his time at USC, he hasn't had a full roster of players to work with. Remember, he came in with Sark. We have a talented defense, but they are very young and have made "rookie mistakes" (as Helton called them).

I'm good with giving him another season or 2 with a full roster to show his stuff. There have been too many coaching changes over the past few years. I'd like a little stability for a change. It's part of why I'm behind Helton so much. It's hard to have continuity and stability on the field when there is none off the field.

I like Helton and would like to see him get the job. I just think Wilcox is learning on the job. I don't know what his resume was to get the Washington job and from what I hear Sark had to beg to get Haden to bring him down. I just don't see any consistency in effort and execution. I don;t see players getting better. And i don;t mean players who have obvious talent like Cravens. I mean he's getting four star second on the depth chart players and some high three stars yet I don;t see that talent showing up against teams. I can forgive the lack of depth but his defenses don't play with heart every game.

Status
Not open for further replies.