• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NCAA is reported to be discussing a centralized replay model like the NFL, but when it comes to refs, it's still going to be conference run for the near term.

I know there is no solid way to do it since the NCAA is a cluster fuck but damn it is beyond ridiculous how bad the officials are, nobody is perfect but shit they should at least be adequate.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mahalak was the second coming? :noidea:
I thought he had potential but he has yet to live up to those expectations. Having another qb to compete can never hurt.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought he had potential but he has yet to live up to those expectations. Having another qb to compete can never hurt.
Oh I hear you. The drop off after Browning is dramatic. You need at least 2-3 quality kids at any one point in time and you have no idea if he's going to pan out as it is.

Still, it's not like you have nothing on campus, it's just you won't know until next year how this one will turn out.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ASU DL Deonte Reynolds was involved in a fight that ended up involving multiple shots fired Saturday in Tempe, according to AZCentral.

While it appears Reynolds wasn't the one who fired the gun, he was still treated for minor injuries from the fight.

Reynolds missed 15 days of practice awaiting NCAA clearance before the current season started.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I hear you. The drop off after Browning is dramatic. You need at least 2-3 quality kids at any one point in time and you have no idea if he's going to pan out as it is.

Still, it's not like you have nothing on campus, it's just you won't know until next year how this one will turn out.
True, and many were hoping the kid would step in like Mariota did his first year, but clearly that isn't the case. Hopefully next year one of them will solidly grab the reigns and play at least competently.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, and many were hoping the kid would step in like Mariota did his first year, but clearly that isn't the case. Hopefully next year one of them will solidly grab the reigns and play at least competently.
Really wish we had the option of RS Browning. That kid will lose a year of growth by playing so early. If he's catching on this quickly as a true frosh, what would his first year with a full season of training under his belt have looked like?

That's what's going to take some time for UW and any other team in full rebuilding mode. It's one thing to get some kids to play well together and it's another to be far enough along to have veteran depth and the ability to red shirt guys so you get more 5th year kids.

UW is still thin enough that they will have to play some of their next class right away as well, but probably not as bad as the last two.

I'm sure Oregon will once again look to Juco's to help find some veteran arms and look for the best of whatever they can find in that ranks and whatever their kids can bring.

Again, just from an outsider, but the bigger thing is that defense. What they are doing now really isn't working. If it's not talent then it's scheme and coaching. Either way, if that doesn't get fixed it may not matter much who's at the helm of the offense.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish we had the option of RS Browning. That kid will lose a year of growth by playing so early. If he's catching on this quickly as a true frosh, what would his first year with a full season of training under his belt have looked like?

That's what's going to take some time for UW and any other team in full rebuilding mode. It's one thing to get some kids to play well together and it's another to be far enough along to have veteran depth and the ability to red shirt guys so you get more 5th year kids.

UW is still thin enough that they will have to play some of their next class right away as well, but probably not as bad as the last two.

I'm sure Oregon will once again look to Juco's to help find some veteran arms and look for the best of whatever they can find in that ranks and whatever their kids can bring.

Again, just from an outsider, but the bigger thing is that defense. What they are doing now really isn't working. If it's not talent then it's scheme and coaching. Either way, if that doesn't get fixed it may not matter much who's at the helm of the offense.
I think a big part of the defensive woes they are having this year are due to a severe lack of experience in the secondary. I think one of their DB's had any quality play time before this season. That got exposed early and often.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure your LB's are destroying anyone either, but scheme can overcome some noob play on defense. Just wondering how much the retirement of Aliotti is really impacting this team.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure your LB's are destroying anyone either, but scheme can overcome some noob play on defense. Just wondering how much the retirement of Aliotti is really impacting this team.
Funny thing is many berated Aliotti and his schemes down the years. Now that he's gone they are complaining even more about Pellum. Honestly I don't think his scheme is terrible but he needs to adjust it or dumb it down some when it's clear there is a lack of experience and knowledge of the system until the kids get comfortable and THEN start adding things.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny thing is many berated Aliotti and his schemes down the years. Now that he's gone they are complaining even more about Pellum. Honestly I don't think his scheme is terrible but he needs to adjust it or dumb it down some when it's clear there is a lack of experience and knowledge of the system until the kids get comfortable and THEN start adding things.
I don't think aliotti's defense was top 10 either, but it did all that it needed to given how devastating that offense was and how little rest it afforded that unit. Now your offense has taken a step back and so has the defense. One or the other needs to step it up and help the other until next year.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense has taken a step back but outside of the Utah game they've still given the team a chance to win it. I think if the Ducks had the experience they've had in their DB's the last few years they would probably still be in the playoff discussion. Hypotheticals aside, Oregon is going heavy after corners and safeties this recruiting cycle after seeing how depleted they are in the back end this year.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There really is no killer complete team in the Pac right now and I think that's obvious by the results. There are dangerous teams, but all have flaws.

I still think Stanford is probably the most dangerous, but they are far from unbeatable. I mean they barely got out of Pullman ffs.

Who will rise up next year? That's a great question. Goff and Hogan are both gone aren't they? And we know Oregon will be breaking in someone new at QB. So UW and WSU will have QB's they are excited about returning and the rest of the north will have questions.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I remember Ducks claiming he was the next Mariota and it was simply going to be next man up again. What happened to the Mahalak??? :scratch:
I was never big on him. I liked Waller/Jonsen better.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon grabs 3* OLB from Yakima. Eric Brisco Jr.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was never big on him. I liked Waller/Jonsen better.
Doubt the coaches are saying much about any of their RS players, but are you suggesting Mahalak isn't high on your list and you aren't feeling he's going to be the next guy to take the helm?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A significant west coast prospect will be making his announcement tomorrow.

4-star WR N'Keal Harry (Chandler, AZ). Washington, ASU, Oregon, USC, and Tex A&M are his likely destinations for the commit. ASU is reported to be in the drivers seat on this one. And it may end up a twofer since one of his best friends is, 4-star CB prospect Byron Murphy (Scottsdale, AZ), and N'Keal seems to want to make them a package deal for the school he chooses. But Murphy appears more interested in Arizona, Washington, and USC so they may not end up at the same school.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I hear about these higher profile kids making announcements this time of year and UW was being considered, I just assume they aren't going with us as Petersen really frown on kids committing unless they are 100% sure. He advises them to hold off and think it over and often leaves the real dogs coming in later.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I hear about these higher profile kids making announcements this time of year and UW was being considered, I just assume they aren't going with us as Petersen really frown on kids committing unless they are 100% sure. He advises them to hold off and think it over and often leaves the real dogs coming in later.

Sure, but if they do commit, it's very likely they're sticking with the commit to Washington since Petersen requires them to shut it down at that point. That is the nice thing about Petersen vs. Sark. Sark always seemed to get some early commits that changed their minds closer to LOI or flipped the last day. With Petersen, you can be more confident that the commits will stick with it.

I actually think we have a great chance at a commit from Byron Murphy in the coming month. Being able to have a best friend from H.S. end up at the same college is nice, but push comes to shove for student athletes, you got to pick the best situation for your specific skills to be developed and chances to get playing time.

Petersen likes to close strong, but by January this year, most of our class should be filled out nicely.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they keep winning the class will come together just fine

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish they dumped sark after the boosters incident. With the way SC is playing now .you have to wonder how much of the sloppy play was on sark. They look prepped now like a different team

Status
Not open for further replies.