• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonBlaze

KFFL Alum
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They're out of it, formalities at this point. Talking about my buffs btw

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just struck me as odd. When was the last time an unranked team was favored over the #13 team in the nation? Not just unranked, but way below the 'rec vote' line even :lol:

I mean does that happen often? :noidea:

Not really, but that's on those who rank the teams. Do you believe that Utah, a good team, was really the 3rd best team in football at any time or even the 13th ranked team now? Quite a few posters picked UW early before the gamblers did. I'm rooting for the Dawgs and I think they can do it but I'd still want more than 1 point before I put my money on them.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really, but that's on those who rank the teams. Do you believe that Utah, a good team, was really the 3rd best team in football at any time or even the 13th ranked team now? Quite a few posters picked UW early before the gamblers did. I'm rooting for the Dawgs and I think they can do it but I'd still want more than 1 point before I put my money on them.
Utah is 7-1 and at times has been dominating like the Oregon game while UW has been so inconsistent at best. We can quibble over whether Utah should be considered 10th, 15th, or even 20th best in the country, but UW isn't even within sniffing distance of 20 and yet are favored.

Obviously Vegas doesn't agree with the rankings. And yes I understand their system is week to week and not accumulative like the rankings mostly are. Books care far more about road trends, recent history between teams, current health status of key players, etc.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Utah is 7-1 and at times has been dominating like the Oregon game while UW has been so inconsistent at best. We can quibble over whether Utah should be considered 10th, 15th, or even 20th best in the country, but UW isn't even within sniffing distance of 20 and yet are favored.

Obviously Vegas doesn't agree with the rankings. And yes I understand their system is week to week and not accumulative like the rankings mostly are. Books care far more about road trends, recent history between teams, current health status of key players, etc.

So true, but Vegas puts their money where their mouth is. If those who rate the teams did the same with their money, I think the ratings would change significantly.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true, but Vegas puts their money where their mouth is. If those who rate the teams did the same with their money, I think the ratings would change significantly.
Week by week vs. Season to date. There is a difference.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW's Travis Freeny named Pac12 defensive player of the week for his 11 tackles, 4.5 tackles for loss, and and 2 sacks performance against Zona.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week by week vs. Season to date. There is a difference.

Definitely there is a difference but I don't think that difference is sufficiently recognized and considered by those who rate the teams.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well that's a legit excuse then. Next year, it's Mahalak or Lockie time.

Ducks got more immediate matters to worry about. Like Stanford and USC coming up. Cal will be wanting to drop some points on that Ducks pass D next week as well.

As I watched the defensive battle between the Ducks and Devils this week, I came to the realize that the Ducks will survive. Don't count on Cal. Remember they lost to Utah by four points after giving up five (5) interceptions.

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see Utah lose one and us run the table for a PAC 12 championship rematch. I think that right now Stanford is at the top. Their O line is outstanding and the run game will wear down defenses. I think they are a dark horse for the playoffs, especially considering they have bounced back so well after that loss to Northwestern.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:shocked:
USC and OSU helped in pulling that line down...well that and UWB winning I spose.
"Kick em in the nutz UWUB!"
I had the chance to watch the recording of some of our game. I found lots of things to nit pick on the offense. Mostly on the WR's and a few things on Jake, but overall they added quite a few new plays we haven't seen and appear to have opened up the playbook a bit for Browning. I'm sure I don't have to tell you how frustrating it is to see the same 5 or 6 plays ran over and over all night. Petersen/Smith had a much more dynamic game plan and called the game quite well, particularly in the second half. First game in 1.6 seasons where there appears to be any sign that those two can run a P5 level offense.

I've told you all along I'd be more than happy to give Smith some credit when he earns it. Not saying he won't go back to being an asshat next week, but they really did their jobs much better in that game.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man Halloween weekend was a non stop party. bye weeks, jeez. no meaningful football gives a whole new meaning to Saturday night. plus hot girls in costumes, dancing and Jell-O shots. wake up Sunday and the Raiders win too. wtf?

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General question for the group. if you win an avi bet, can you choose literally any avi?

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
General question for the group. if you win an avi bet, can you choose literally any avi?
Within the rules that pertain to the overall forum in general (no nudity en sech).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man Halloween weekend was a non stop party. bye weeks, jeez. no meaningful football gives a whole new meaning to Saturday night. plus hot girls in costumes, dancing and Jell-O shots. wake up Sunday and the Raiders win too. wtf?

In my younger and single days, I loved me some Halloween. Nothing like a holiday where the ladies are all dressing slutty and drinking.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Depends on if any rules were stipulated up front such as it has to be team/football related en sech. If not, then pretty much anything goes as long as it's not in TOS violation of the site.

Remember when that texas poster had to have that really gay black dude as an avi? :exes: It's now immortalized as a smiley.

Status
Not open for further replies.