• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UW opened -1 against Utah and the cougs are giving the same to ASU.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be pulling for Washington
Just struck me as odd. When was the last time an unranked team was favored over the #13 team in the nation? Not just unranked, but way below the 'rec vote' line even :lol:

I mean does that happen often? :noidea:

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just struck me as odd. When was the last time an unranked team was favored over the #13 team in the nation? Not just unranked, but way below the 'rec vote' line even :lol:

Wasn't USC just favored over number 4 Utah while unranked :dhd: I remember it striking me as odd when the upset thread was up. I couldn't figure out how to gauge it. Is it an upset if the team ranked loses or the underdog via the line. It's looking like the 2nd time this year Utah has been involved in this situation. im still not sure what to make of it the numbers are out of whack. It's like Vernon Adams is running the books in Vegas

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May also be an indication of how unpredictable the PAC is this year. It's not the one to two horse race it used to be. There's a lot more balance throughout the conference

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really wish they dumped sark after the boosters incident. With the way SC is playing now .you have to wonder how much of the sloppy play was on sark. They look prepped now like a different team

Huskies have to look at 5 seasons of that B.S., but it's useless to think about it now so just move on time. We ended up with the better deal in the end with Sark leaving and who we got to replace him.

The last two seasons, it was stupid flag after flag. Soo much undisciplined play and bonehead penalties. The kind that add Ls to your record. If Sark wasn't burping Patron during games, would it not have been 7 win Sark at UW, but 8 or 9 wins, especially after Holt was fired and brought in a real DC for our players.

Who knows?

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
May also be an indication of how unpredictable the PAC is this year. It's not the one to two horse race it used to be. There's a lot more balance throughout the conference

You could see it was going to be an extremely competitive year in the PAC across the board and it's sure delivered that. Any bowl bound team from the PAC earned it this year. It's been a dogfight every week. Nice to see that.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't USC just favored over number 4 Utah while unranked :dhd: I remember it striking me as odd when the upset thread was up. I couldn't figure out how to gauge it. Is it an upset if the team ranked loses or the underdog via the line. It's looking like the 2nd time this year Utah has been involved in this situation. im still not sure what to make of it the numbers are out of whack. It's like Vernon Adams is running the books in Vegas
I can understand an unranked USC team or even an unranked Oregon team still being favored, but this one kind of baffles me a bit. Top 15 team that is 7-1 and they are dogs to a 4-4 team with a true frosh QB barely finding his way.

I mean sure, I guess it shows the odds makers are keenly aware that UW has the #1 defense in the conference and it's a home game. Still, they already lost to Cal and Oregon at home and Utah is ranked way the hell above them so? :noidea:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you want funny, look at the so-called CBS top 125. Somehow after beating the crap out of zona UW drops 4 spots to 68th on their list. :lol: Zona? Still a few spots ahead of Oregon at 49th. I mean at least they moved down 9, but :L

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doubt the coaches are saying much about any of their RS players, but are you suggesting Mahalak isn't high on your list and you aren't feeling he's going to be the next guy to take the helm?
no I thought Jonsen was better. he got hurt or something listed as out but for undisclosed reasons.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand an unranked USC team or even an unranked Oregon team still being favored, but this one kind of baffles me a bit. Top 15 team that is 7-1 and they are dogs to a 4-4 team with a true frosh QB barely finding his way.

I mean sure, I guess it shows the odds makers are keenly aware that UW has the #1 defense in the conference and it's a home game. Still, they already lost to Cal and Oregon at home and Utah is ranked way the hell above them so? :noidea:
I think that goes back to the unpredictability and depth of the PAC this year. Aside from few exceptions like Colorado and maybe the Zonas who have been disappointing. The games have been extremely competitive . I agree with Denali . While we may or may not have a team polished enough for the playoff with the possible exceptions of Stanford or Utah we may have a run on bowls. Not saying it's right because I do think the records are acreflection on conference strengths and the other conferences are a lot weaker as a whole. But it is what it is. The scary part is if things continue to play out the way they have. The PAC championship is very much up for grabs amongst a pretty decent number of teams. The south could be a disaster if you guys beat Utah

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And if you want funny, look at the so-called CBS top 125. Somehow after beating the crap out of zona UW drops 4 spots to 68th on their list. :lol: Zona? Still a few spots ahead of Oregon at 49th. I mean at least they moved down 9, but :L
I've always hated media and coach based polls. Always felt there's far too much influence, bias and outright stupidity. Sometimes you have to wonder if they even pay attention to the games

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too much time spent looking for a good story. Not enough time properly assessing teams. And I know a lot of people hate hearing this. But temple is over rated. A good story yes. But I think if you look past their record and focus on the actual football. You have a team that benefits from in a weak conference. The Cinderella team angle is always nice but that doesn't make them legit

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

#13 Utah @ rec votes 0 Washington

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, if UW keeps playing like last week and wins out, I have faith that the committee will choose them for the playoffs. I mean, they're supposed to pick the best 4 teams, right?

:ipw:

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
North
Stanford:
Can afford 1 loss.
Oregon: Win out and have Stanford and Washington State lose 1 more each.
Washington State: Win out and have Stanofrd lose out. If Stanord wins just 1 more WSU is out.
Cal: Needs to win out and have Stanofrd lose out. If Stanford wins just 1 more or if Cal loses 1 more, they are out.
Washington: Is now out with Stanfords last win. The best that can happen is both teams finish with a 6-3 conference record. Stanford beat Washington already this year so they have the tie break over them. This is the last I will mention Washington.

South
Utah:
Needs to win out.
UCLA: Needs to win out.
USC: Needs to win out and have Utah lose 1 more.
Arizona State: Needs to win out and have Utah lose 3 more, USC to lose 2 more and UCLA to lose 1 more.
Arizona: Needs to win out and have UCLA lose 3 more, Utah lose 2 more USC to lose 1 more. If AZ loses this weekend they are out.
Colorado: Needs to win out and have UCLA lose 3 more, Utah and Arizona State to lose 2 more, have USC and Arizona lose 1 more.
Im not 100% on Colorado being eliminated with another loss this weekend or if someone else wins. I think they are still in it for another week no matter the out comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.