• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time that the NCAA abolishes conference referees and makes it like the NFL. The Miami-Duke thing was a joke and how poorly the Pac12 officials are every single game something needs to be done. No suspensions with pay or my bads, do your job well or get sent to go officiate D3 football games.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
alous I still get the young girls that shave down ther

It's not that, congrats 2U thar. More so on your analysis of me Beavs, specially their last 4 games. Safe to say one of those last four games will be won by a Beaver team that finally puts it all together for 4 quarts...will it be your team?

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that, congrats 2U thar. More so on your analysis of me Beavs, specially their last 4 games. Safe to say one of those last four games will be won by a Beaver team that finally puts it all together for 4 quarts...will it be your team?

Won't be ASU this year. Can't think of anyone else that could do it.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make any preseason predictions on UW because of how little we would know going into the season. It wasn't until I saw that defense in the second half of Boise that I started to feel like this team had a chance to at least make a bowl.

They will still make freshman/sophomore mistakes and lose a game they shouldn't, but it does feel like Petersen is making some headway.

To me, it's impossible to know which games they will lose/win the rest of the way. I wouldn't take any off the table and none are slam dunks, not even the beavs. Just how it is following young teams. I would say that had that same effort/execution been on display against any of our losses this year I don't know that any other team would have still won. Maybe Stanford still would have at home. But I don't live in that space. I have no regrets.

Oh, and just as I don't include you as a typical Ducks fan, don't make broad statements about Husky fans either. (The one to dunce)
If the Huskies continue on their current trajectory they could be a major threat in the next few years. I just hope Helfrich can find a good qb in the next couple classes. I'm not sure any of the ones currently on the team are the answer.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're giving them enough credit. The team has won a total of 5 PAC games (including last week) since joining the PAC. The majority of their losses have been blowouts. You guys were down 15 at halftime and 12 going into the 4th quarter.

To be able to come back and take the lead late in the 4th quarter, on the road, says that the program is headed in the right direction. The first step is being in position to win those kinds of games. The next step is learning how to close them out.

T12, does that sound a lot like the digs Wazzu was getting? Getting Couged has a different meaning now. The Buffs had not one, but two, coaches that set them (a former NC) back to the middle ages, so yes, it will take time and a near miracle to recover. They are on their way back tho and the improvement in noticed.

CCF151

Low flying fruit bat!
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ducks don't manage to get bowl eligible before the Civil War game. I could see the biebers getting up to spoil the Ducks year even further.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah the 4 games remaining are all tricky. Oregon states defense isnt as good as UW and they put up a solid fight against Utah. Arizona State is just as inconsistent as UW so it will probably be a matter of being flawless. Oregon State probably the easiest but still cant just expect a win and WSU is looking tough, and being a rivalry anything goes.

You're right I shouldn't make broad statements especially since I don't remember ever even seeing dunce before. for all I know he is UW version of OD

I think ASU has proven fairly consistent all season - self defeating. Just an off year for the non-reloaders. UW's inconsistencies as of now are more attributable to a rebuilding team and expected; UW is not far from the reloading group. I am still surprised that what Petersen has done so far goes unnoticed by most.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's time that the NCAA abolishes conference referees and makes it like the NFL. The Miami-Duke thing was a joke and how poorly the Pac12 officials are every single game something needs to be done. No suspensions with pay or my bads, do your job well or get sent to go officiate D3 football games.

Bad calls just part of the game in every sport. The "official review" we live with in football does more to slow down games that last forever than anything else. How many times have you seen the reviewers study a dozen views and still can't decide that happened. Make the call, get on with the game and educate refs that need it. Its not such an easy job in the first place. You may have heard this before, but I'll say it again: No body is perfect.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont remember analyzing the beavers.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Huskies continue on their current trajectory they could be a major threat in the next few years. I just hope Helfrich can find a good qb in the next couple classes. I'm not sure any of the ones currently on the team are the answer.

We seem to be moving in the right direction. Petersen is such a perfectionist when it comes to fundamentals and the specific types of players he covets for his system, it's been a pretty shocking transition from what we got with Sark vs him. Many of us didn't expect it to take soo damn long and were still waiting for the offense to click, but at the same time, you can start to see the potential of what we can be and that's great.
But......

Patience? It's razor thin these days. But when you step back and shake off the emotions, you realize we got exactly the right coach for this job in the longterm and that calms the nerves.

I think we'll have a legit shot at climbing into the top tier of the PAC next year, but I still have some major concerns when it comes to recruiting and depth at key positions. You want to get to Rose Bowls and win them, you got to be landing Top 20 classes. Yes, a lot of it has to do with how you physically develop them and coach them up as well, but I got faith Petersen will get us there or we at least gave it the best shot we could and what more can you ask for?

Vegas had us listed at 4.5 for wins this season and considering all the talent we lost to the NFL last year and the unknowns at key positions like RB and QB, it was warranted. So sitting at 4 W's with 4 more games to go, I think we now have a decent shot at a bowl bid and for a season with our developing offense, that will do. Of course you want more, but 2016 is really when this team should click. :hope:

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing year for the AZ schools to say the least

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Ducks don't manage to get bowl eligible before the Civil War game. I could see the biebers getting up to spoil the Ducks year even further.
I thought Mahalak was the second coming? :noidea:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disappointing year for the AZ schools to say the least

Hope that trend continues. We got to head down to the desert to play ASU on Nov 14th and we're still only sitting at 4 Ws right now.

Our last 4 games.

Utah
@ ASU
@ OSU
WSU

The Beavs game is at their house so I'm not taking anything for granted the rest of the year. We need 2 more W's. PUHLEAZE!!!

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought Mahalak was the second coming? :noidea:

Same here. I remember Ducks claiming he was the next Mariota and it was simply going to be next man up again. What happened to the Mahalak??? :scratch:

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Same here. I remember Ducks claiming he was the next Mariota and it was simply going to be next man up again. What happened to the Mahalak??? :scratch:
He's red shirting this year

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad calls just part of the game in every sport. The "official review" we live with in football does more to slow down games that last forever than anything else. How many times have you seen the reviewers study a dozen views and still can't decide that happened. Make the call, get on with the game and educate refs that need it. Its not such an easy job in the first place. You may have heard this before, but I'll say it again: No body is perfect.

Nobody is perfect obviously but officiating in our conference is worse than HS level officiating and it's getting absurd. My point is that the NCAA needs to be leading these referees not conferences not just strictly bitching about horrible the officials were during our game.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's red shirting this year

Well that's a legit excuse then. Next year, it's Mahalak or Lockie time.

Ducks got more immediate matters to worry about. Like Stanford and USC coming up. Cal will be wanting to drop some points on that Ducks pass D next week as well.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody is perfect obviously but officiating in our conference is worse than HS level officiating and it's getting absurd. My point is that the NCAA needs to be leading these referees not conferences not just strictly bitching about horrible the officials were during our game.

NCAA is reported to be discussing a centralized replay model like the NFL, but when it comes to refs, it's still going to be conference run for the near term.

Status
Not open for further replies.