• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC12 THREAD v.4

Status
Not open for further replies.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That result is getting old. While it's showing improvement, it's still losing. They just ate losers at this point. They find all new ways to do so. They ran like 100 offensive plays and lost. Who does that,.... Colorado does. QB is just good enough to make them not suck, but he's a allergic to clutch and wins.

I don't think you're giving them enough credit. The team has won a total of 5 PAC games (including last week) since joining the PAC. The majority of their losses have been blowouts. You guys were down 15 at halftime and 12 going into the 4th quarter.

To be able to come back and take the lead late in the 4th quarter, on the road, says that the program is headed in the right direction. The first step is being in position to win those kinds of games. The next step is learning how to close them out.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want ALL my QBs to practice throwing a ball thru a moving tire all week. No other tasks other than that. As soon as they can hit 95 out of 100 throws there, they can re-join the team for further instruction.

Sgt Brutus

Goober
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac12 in real danger of being left out.. the way I see it if Utah or Stanford win out they are most likely in. If UCLA wins out they have a shot with some help in other conferences. Been a great year for watching games out on the west coast eh?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So anytime the Huskies blow a team out, OC JS is ok then?

Brillant!
It's seeing progress in the line, better overall timing and diversity in the passing game, better mix of plays. They still struggled on 3rd downs at times and stalled out a couple of drives you'd like to see them do better on, but they had a lot better plan in the red zone than they have in past weeks.

That's the stuff you grade Petersen/Smith on, not necessarily the results.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's seeing progress in the line, better overall timing and diversity in the passing game, better mix of plays. They still struggled on 3rd downs at times and stalled out a couple of drives you'd like to see them do better on, but they had a lot better plan in the red zone than they have in past weeks.

That's the stuff you grade Petersen/Smith on, not necessarily the results.

Couldn't agree more with you Whiz. I did see several "dropped balls" that Browning was on target with. Takes time to get continuity.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickens and Perkins are his only two legit threats and Mickens has been dropping balls all year. At least one or two a game that are dead on the money.

I've never blamed those on Smith or Browning. They do need more weapons in the passing game. Some of those young kids are showing flashes of potential. They just need to keep working on that execution. We are already seeing good results.

We will get a better idea of how well this is showing overall progress next week when Utah comes to town.

Either way, this week felt very much like Browning's coming out party. It was easily his best performance. 4TD's in the air and one rushing TD with no int's, and really not balls that could have/should have been picked off. He was just money for that whole game.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want ALL my QBs to practice throwing a ball thru a moving tire all week. No other tasks other than that. As soon as they can hit 95 out of 100 throws there, they can re-join the team for further instruction.

It was gonna be growing year for half the Pac at the QB position, it's been a roller coaster ride for most, but right now the conference is looking at 3 to 4 players at the QB position that could very easily in two to three years be in Heisman talks at the QB positions....

SeeYouNT

Вы хотели бы некоторые Путина?
Hoopla Cash
$ 291.80
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pac12 in real danger of being left out.. the way I see it if Utah or Stanford win out they are most likely in. If UCLA wins out they have a shot with some help in other conferences. Been a great year for watching games out on the west coast eh?

it's a shame the Cougs couldn't finish the job last night.

:gaah:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't put any blame on the kicker, he was like 65% going into the game and nailed 5 in really shitty conditions. If anything the play calling should get criticism in the first half for not running the ball more.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ha, good one. Yup the Ducks Dominated the Huskies for the past decade, but, wait for it........without a SINGLE National Championship. Yup, the big "O" or "0" you decide.

That Oregon NC window has closed, with much success, but not ultimate success.

All in good fun, but I think CP leads the Huskies to MANY future wins over the ducks. I'll wait.
But, man, they look good, much improved, with quality athletes.

And that shows how Husky fans work. I was actually giving UW props because they looked good and complete against Arizona and I think that husky team would have beat Oregon, Boise, and Cal. but instead of taking it that way gotta take a shot at Oregon first.
Oregons "window" has not closed Oregon will be back everyone said the widow closed when Chip left and they still made it to the NCG.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You remember when you were still telling us UW wouldn't win more than like 3 games because of their gauntlet? I said then UW would win at least 2 of their so-called unwinnable stretch and they have.

This is a very young team that will play inconsistently even over this last stretch of the season. They might make several mistakes and look like shit next week. Really no one can predict. It's just how things are with so many kids learning their way around college ball as starters.

I'm just happy to keep seeing progress. Browning is starting to look like he's catching up to the speed of the game and he's making better decisions accordingly. The line is improving in pass blocking. The defense is still showing they are the overall strength of this team.

@mrwallace2ku, you get your one game where I can't make any negative comments about Smith. Not sure if there will ever be another so enjoy it. :whistle:

:lol:
I do remember that. I don't know many people that didnt agree, even Husky fans. I had them around 4 or 5. I dont think many people expected Cal to be as improved as they have appeared. nor for Arizona to have as big a fall coming off a solid year last year. Washingtons defense is def the biggest surprise for me considering how much they lost.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't put any blame on the kicker, he was like 65% going into the game and nailed 5 in really shitty conditions. If anything the play calling should get criticism in the first half for not running the ball more.
I think the last play to set up the kick was the worst call to put a left footed kicker on the left hash in those conditions. why not put it in the center?

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do remember that. I don't know many people that didnt agree, even Husky fans. I had them around 4 or 5. I dont think many people expected Cal to be as improved as they have appeared. nor for Arizona to have as big a fall coming off a solid year last year. Washingtons defense is def the biggest surprise for me considering how much they lost.
I didn't make any preseason predictions on UW because of how little we would know going into the season. It wasn't until I saw that defense in the second half of Boise that I started to feel like this team had a chance to at least make a bowl.

They will still make freshman/sophomore mistakes and lose a game they shouldn't, but it does feel like Petersen is making some headway.

To me, it's impossible to know which games they will lose/win the rest of the way. I wouldn't take any off the table and none are slam dunks, not even the beavs. Just how it is following young teams. I would say that had that same effort/execution been on display against any of our losses this year I don't know that any other team would have still won. Maybe Stanford still would have at home. But I don't live in that space. I have no regrets.

Oh, and just as I don't include you as a typical Ducks fan, don't make broad statements about Husky fans either. (The one to dunce)

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't make any preseason predictions on UW because of how little we would know going into the season. It wasn't until I saw that defense in the second half of Boise that I started to feel like this team had a chance to at least make a bowl.

They will still make freshman/sophomore mistakes and lose a game they shouldn't, but it does feel like Petersen is making some headway.

To me, it's impossible to know which games they will lose/win the rest of the way. I wouldn't take any off the table and none are slam dunks, not even the beavs. Just how it is following young teams. I would say that had that same effort/execution been on display against any of our losses this year I don't know that any other team would have still won. Maybe Stanford still would have at home. But I don't live in that space. I have no regrets.

Oh, and just as I don't include you as a typical Ducks fan, don't make broad statements about Husky fans either. (The one to dunce)
Yeah the 4 games remaining are all tricky. Oregon states defense isnt as good as UW and they put up a solid fight against Utah. Arizona State is just as inconsistent as UW so it will probably be a matter of being flawless. Oregon State probably the easiest but still cant just expect a win and WSU is looking tough, and being a rivalry anything goes.

You're right I shouldn't make broad statements especially since I don't remember ever even seeing dunce before. for all I know he is UW version of OD

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol I was just busting your balls. It's all good oly

Status
Not open for further replies.