• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Graham is not a discipline coach and his team's commits dumb penalties not called but the ref's could be on the look out for one team committing penalties and not the other because they have discussed prior both team's tendencies.

Now if both Teams commit the same penalty, and it is officiated properly, then both teams are flagged or neither team is flagged.

However, since Graham has this reputation for being disciplined and Mora does not, then that same penalty may only go one way.

You wont see me complain about it (Unless it is totally egregious, like the hands to the face penalty that nullified that Dawg TD last week.) however we all can acknowledge whether the game is being called on it's true merit or if it's being called on the teams reputations.

That's what I'll be looking for.

The irony of it all, I'm will be doing to this PAC Ref group, the same thing we will all be on the look out for and that is entirely based on the reputation these PAC refs have earned for themselves. :lol:

Like when they targeted Burfict. I watched it real close I didn't see anything did you? [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_jDyvvg4MY]Vontaze Burfict headbutts OSU's QB Katz - YouTube[/ame]

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name don't ring a bell for a reason...:laugh3:

Next Peyton Manning dont ring your ears. :laugh3:

He mentoring under Peyton wait until Peyton gets injured and Brock comes in and throws a couple heaters for tuddys. No need for Peyton just retire Brock is the future!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Takes a good QB to run a offense consistantly in the PAC, hell...coming from USC you oughtta KNOW that. ASU NEVER had one when E-man was there, that and at least a decent D too.

Decent D the 2009 Sun Devil defense was so fast. #1 defense in the Pac 12 in 2009 with the worse offense how about dem apples. :yahoo:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think his point was pretty clear. Reputations impact calling. ASU has a reputation of not having many penalties and his point was that helps influence the refs to not make as many borderline calls against them.

That doesn't mean they outright ignore things, but refs have to make split second decisions and when they have it in their heads that a team is sloppy or sound it helps them in making those close calls.

I don't think there is any mass conspiracy. I don't think our refs are trying to throw games one way or another. I believe that we just have way more than our share of utterly incompetent officials that end up having an impact on games way too often. Of course UW has at times been on the other side of bad calls and I don't want to see that either. Color me crazy here, but I'd just like to see the kids decide the outcome of all of our games, not the zebras. I'd rather leave a game and not ever have even thought about there being refs on the field.

I waited a few days to bring this play up because I didn't want it to look like I was blaming the refs for our loss. We totally blew that game anyway. Sure, having that TD count could have been a big swing in the game and who knows. What we do know is UW did turn the ball over and gave UCLA 14 points and did commit way too many 3rd down penalties on both sides of the ball to deserve to win anyway.

I can recall seeing these apology posts on the Seattle Times husky blog way too many times this year. This is at least the 4th game with some sort of apology I can recall. Stop apologizing every week AND FUCKING DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. That too much to ask?
:agree:100%.

This is exactly correct.

What I am saying (And forgive me Wiz if this kid is not known for 'hands to the face' but I will use it as an example)

If the refs are briefed that so and so has committed a few holding penalties and maybe another couple of hands to the face penalties during the season or during his career, then they will be on the look out or hunt for that type of action during the game.

However, if it didn't happen, it shouldn't be called EVEN IF IT LOOKED LIKE IT. It either happened or it didn't and THAT is my problem with those type of calls.

These refs need to see the infraction in order to make the call and not something that looked like it probably was an infraction from their view, period!

You know, we can all live with missed calls because we all know that the camera can provide angles that the refs sometimes just don't have on the field, however asking us to live with phantom calls are a completely different thing.

This is why I have no problem with the refs missing that downed football call on the last play of the game in the Whiskey v ASU game.

That downed ball happened so quickly you needed a special feed and you had to stop the film to see the knee go down on that play.

I don't blame the refs one bit for not calling a delay of the game on the defense for laying on that football and not getting up right away. These things need to be conclusive IMO and Whiskey left a lot in doubt on that play....

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin didn't get "fucked" in the first place. The refs missed a clear out of bounds that was reviewed by B1G officials who were wrong that set up that whole controversy in the first place. Any other call would have screwed ASU who deserved it even less than Wisky. You have a short memory, Jahii. We got jobbed even worse at Wisconsin by the officials when we played there that did cost us the game. They were not incompetent or paid off, just made some bad calls. We lost by one point. Wisconsin fans have zero to cry about. Will always happen even if officials are competent and dedicated. Quit whining, its part of the game, everybody gets screwed once in while. Deal with it, live with it. Football survived a hundred years without instant replay to slow the game down. Does the conference no good to criticize our refs when they are no worse than any others. Even with instant replay, what happened is sometimes controversial.
Well, yes they did and you know it. Otherwise you wouldn't portray it any other way as you did when you said...'We got jobbed even worse.' That alone says you know they got worked. :lol:

They got worked because the refs never saw the play that they made, and that was a downed football resulting in a delay of game by ASU defense for laying on the football.

That said, they failed to make that play clear and conclusive and it cost them an opportunity to win the game.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Decent D the 2009 Sun Devil defense was so fast. #1 defense in the Pac 12 in 2009 with the worse offense how about dem apples. :yahoo:

The one thing Erickson teams always had was good defense....well except for in 2011 when the team had by far the most talent on defense he ever had at ASU.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
99% of the time I would agree with you and I have never been one to blame refs for a loss. However, I remember that hands to the face call vividly (mostly because I immediately sent texts to a couple of friends who are Bruins giveing them crap) and as Wiz points out, it wasn't even borderline, it simply didn't happen. It cost Washington a touchdown and in what was ultimately a 10 point game, that's a huge call.
Yep tf12!

Only three things are 100%...

Death!

Taxes!

And USC Cheat N! :lol:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep tf12!

Only three things are 100%...

Death!

Taxes!

And USC Cheat N! :lol:

That called looked like some UCLA cheatin' to me!! Must have been payday at McDonalds for your boosters to be able to come up with enough to buy that call!!:lol:

Btw, when exactly did USC cheat?:noidea:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking and reading about officials=BORING.

I will check back in a day or two to see if y'all are done. Yes, PAC refs suck. Everyone has been screwed a time or two with bad calls. But its the same in every sport, everywhere. Get over it.

Found this video of Shaver:

:becky:

Last edited by a moderator:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That called looked like some UCLA cheatin' to me!! Must have been payday at McDonalds for your boosters to be able to come up with enough to buy that call!!:lol:

Btw, when exactly did USC cheat last?:noidea:
FIFY :lol:

Obvious answer is....

last time they played.:laugh3:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't even sound like Rich Rod is giving his team a close chance on Saturday. LOL, this dude said the same thing last year, he has absolutely NO confidence in his program.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, ok here's me night so far...:suds:

TIS THE SEASON RIGHT?:noidea:

Drank a sixer of Modelo...wait, wait ...wait.... to the beginning 1st.

Went to Costco and bought a "Free range, ALL Natural" DUCK three days ago. Tonite me and the mrs cooked that lil' duckling to perfection..."Emeril style" that is...low-n-slow...crispy skin and a fine sweet orange mango glaze w/ all the seasonings...house smelled like GOD came down and touched his holy finger in our presence...ARE YA WITH ME NOW?

THEN I drank me sixer, watchin the FSB ballgame and me politics at the same time...PERFECTION as some might call it. Good game, same ol' shitty politics.
Then we ate that lil darlin of a duck and OMFG, we have decided to shitcan beef and chicken and go exclusilive with duck and lamb for awhile now.

The "buzzz" IS there and gettin better all the time, smoke is sure to follow.

IF ya'll get a chance this "merry season", try to find a night and cook yourself/family a duck...man their fine like a good red wine.

CARRY ON!:suds:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, ok here's me night so far...:suds:

TIS THE SEASON RIGHT?:noidea:

Drank a sixer of Modelo...wait, wait ...wait.... to the beginning 1st.

Went to Costco and bought a "Free range, ALL Natural" DUCK three days ago. Tonite me and the mrs cooked that lil' duckling to perfection..."Emeril style" that is...low-n-slow...crispy skin and a fine sweet orange mango glaze w/ all the seasonings...house smelled like GOD came down and touched his holy finger in our presence...ARE YA WITH ME NOW?

THEN I drank me sixer, watchin the FSB ballgame and me politics at the same time...PERFECTION as some might call it. Good game, same ol' shitty politics.
Then we ate that lil darlin of a duck and OMFG, we have decided to shitcan beef and chicken and go exclusilive with duck and lamb for awhile now.

The "buzzz" IS there and gettin better all the time, smoke is sure to follow.

IF ya'll get a chance this "merry season", try to find a night and cook yourself/family a duck...man their fine like a good red wine.

CARRY ON!:suds:

Good stuff Wallace!! Ever had Turducken?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just reading a bit behind, and your posts then said otherwise.

No problems, and btw, I'm not Jesus!

That's because everyone knows that Jesus is Trojan.......just like his Daddy!!:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.