• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erickson was old and didn't feel like coaching same with his staff and add to the fact Erickson couldn't adjust to the modern day game.

Bullshit. If Erickson heard that he'd call you a young whippersnapper, which you are or claim to be. At ASU he didn't do what he was hired to do. He engaged in nepotism to the extreme imo and made even worst choices in hiring his assistants. He retired on active duty so to speak. The team suffered its worst stretch since I've been a fan although he did know football and was a judge of talent. Nothing to do with his age or his competency. I lay every bit of that not on Erickson but on the AD, the Athletic Department and the general administration. Erickson is OC at Utah now. Notice any change up there lately?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bullshit. If Erickson heard that he'd call you a young whippersnapper, which you are or claim to be. At ASU he didn't do what he was hired to do. He engaged in nepotism to the extreme imo and made even worst choices in hiring his assistants. He retired on active duty so to speak. The team suffered its worst stretch since I've been a fan although he did know football and was a judge of talent. Nothing to do with his age or his competency. I lay every bit of that not on Erickson but on the AD, the Athletic Department and the general administration. Erickson is OC at Utah now. Notice any change up there lately?

Yup Graham is our savior. Its just amazing seeing guys like Irahbor under Erickson I mean Irahbor couldn't cover anyone and would miss a bunch of tackles. And look how he plays under Graham. It makes you wonder if guys like Irahbor would of never developed if Erickson was still there? Would Irahbor even be close to making the NFL like he is now? Hell even guys like Sutton. The speed was fun on those Erickson teams but it was annoying when a big play would be called back with a penalty.

In 2011 it was the most pathetic moment in ASU history for me up 27-24 vs Uofa. They throw a little screen Irahbor misses a tackle, then Burfict, then a bunch of other players swoop in and miss tackles. There must of been 7 missed tackles and Kriner walks into the end zone giving Uofa a 31-27 lead and we lose that game. Just no discipline on that team. Thank god Erickson is gone. And a coach from heaven landed into our hands In Graham We Trust! Kids just never got better under Erickson and that's a fact!

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Erickson was a really good OC................... Mazzone had to come over and teach him the modern day offenses lmao! :yahoo:

Hes good at Utah but his offensive play calling pre Mazzone was awful. And he never adjusted his system to the modern game, he ran a spread offense but it wasn't a fast pace style it was an old school style. He had to call Mazzone over to teach him modern day offenses. With the predictable swing pass garbage.

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, but does nothing to prove the relative competency or talent of officials between conferences. If they somehow cleaned house entirely in a conference, then somehow hired all the top officials in the USA, there would still be bad calls, there would still be distractions, etc, because perfection is not attainable, period, because every call is an opinion based on the rules of the game applied by that particular referee. But, there is something the players can do and that's not piss the refs off with their arrogant and disrespectful behavior, ASU fans know what I mean, refs are human, too.

Officiating is a thankless job that no one ever will get right. In the clip I showed there was no opinion involved it was just wrong, unless you know something about the chains that I don't. But overall the PAC 12 refs seem to be at the bottom of the calls that out-rage sports fans everywhere more than any other officiating crew. Is it just my perception or have other crews had a similar number of Oregon/Oklahoma and ASU/Wisconsin games?

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Officiating is a thankless job that no one ever will get right. In the clip I showed there was no opinion involved it was just wrong, unless you know something about the chains that I don't. But overall the PAC 12 refs seem to be at the bottom of the calls that out-rage sports fans everywhere more than any other officiating crew. Is it just my perception or have other crews had a similar number of Oregon/Oklahoma and ASU/Wisconsin games?

Replacement refs> Pac 12 refs

And im not joking.

The greatest moments in Erickson history is when he would get all excited after a fumble when we were 6-5 in that Cal game seriously you see him jumping up in the air. :lol:

Hes thinking it was going to save his job? 7-5 lmao. He was to old if he stayed another year he probably would of died on the sideline no joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Erickson was a really good OC................... Mazzone had to come over and teach him the modern day offenses lmao! :yahoo:

Hes good at Utah but his offensive play calling pre Mazzone was awful. And he never adjusted his system to the modern game, he ran a spread offense but it wasn't a fast pace style it was an old school style. He had to call Mazzone over to teach him modern day offenses. With the predictable swing pass garbage.

That's another point upon which we differ. Obviously, I am happy Erickson is gone, but I'm just as happy or more so to get rid of Mazzone and his "predictable swing pass garbage" as you say. Many wanted Graham to keep him but he thankfully he didn't.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Replacement refs> Pac 12 refs

And im not joking.

The greatest moments in Erickson history is when he would get all excited after a fumble when we were 6-5 in that Cal game seriously you see him jumping up in the air. :lol:

Hes thinking it was going to save his job? 7-5 lmao. He was to old if he stayed another year he probably would of died on the sideline no joke.

Right, Jahii, we obviously can't have our coaches jumping up and down on the sidelines. It undignified. I wouldn't worry too much about his health though, likely with his millions he'll outlive you. But you better speak to our man Graham. If we win our next game, he might jump up and down a little bit on the sidelines. Hate to see him fired over such raw conduct.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, Jahii, we obviously can't have our coaches jumping up and down on the sidelines. It undignified. I wouldn't worry too much about his health though, likely with his millions he'll outlive you. But you better speak to our man Graham. If we win our next game, he might jump up and down a little bit on the sidelines. Hate to see him fired over such raw conduct.

Agreed dont want him jumping up and down. Erickson was doing it because he thought he had a chance to keep his job in 2011 at 6-5 after Cal fumbled he was hyped up thinking he could get that win and keep his job at his "anticipated" 7-5 for the 2011 season, but man he was jumping up and down holding his leg after he did it in pain, why are you jumping in the air! Your getting canned! 6-7 CANNED!

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bud Withers from the Seattle Times is speculating that with the likely scenario of there being more PAC12 teams that are bowl eligible (will also depend on if two PAC teams get BCS bids), than could handle our existing tie-in bowl agreements (7 of them). That these three bowls could be in play for the 1 or 2 that wouldn't make the initial cut:

Little Caesars (Detroit)
Heart of Dallas (Dallas)
Pinstripe (NYC)

There are I think I read 66 teams eligible for 70 spots in bowls and right now 10 more could be eligible by the end of Saturday.
for the Pac WSU has 2 tries at it. Utah has to win 2 in a row as would colorado but since they play each other it is a 1 or the other scenario best case.
all in all at most Pac could have 10 teams eligible. I doubt that NYC would take a Pac team across the country if a closer team from anywhere is eligible . Detroit and Dallas maybe.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yea I am not that healthy as well............ Better take some advice from Dennis.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talking and reading about officials=BORING.

I will check back in a day or two to see if y'all are done. Yes, PAC refs suck. Everyone has been screwed a time or two with bad calls. But its the same in every sport, everywhere. Get over it.

AINT THAT THE FUCKIN TRUTH SHAVED NUTZ! WHOLE LOTTA WHINING GOING ON IN HERE OF LATE.

BEST DAMN POST YOU HAVE HAD SINCE I'VE SEEN YA HERE! GLAD I WASN'T HERE EITHER...:laugh3:

Clean it up PACERS and quit cryin would ya..:suds:

Pull up yer diapers and take a friggin pull on yer bottles for christ sakes, your beginnin to sound JUST LIKE those Consin losahs.:yahoo:

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's another point upon which we differ. Obviously, I am happy Erickson is gone, but I'm just as happy or more so to get rid of Mazzone and his "predictable swing pass garbage" as you say. Many wanted Graham to keep him but he thankfully he didn't.

I'm still shocked at how Erickson did at ASU. The guy won and won big at OSU, WSU, and even managed to win at Idaho. I don't see how anyone can win in Corvallis and not at ASU.

He must of just been burnt out big time by the time he reached ASU

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact IS...ANY 6-6 Pac club might as well plan a golf trip during bowling season cuz SOMENES getting left out.

Me Beavs better NOT be the ones lookin IN FROM THE OUTSIDE wif a 6-6 record either.

Hear me screaming DAWGZ? Time to bite your azzlers in the rear and let you guyz figure this 6-6 shit out later...:suds:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fact IS...ANY 6-6 Pac club might as well plan a golf trip during bowling season cuz SOMENES getting left out.

Me Beavs better NOT be the ones lookin IN FROM THE OUTSIDE wif a 6-6 record either.

Hear me screaming DAWGZ? Time to bite your azzlers in the rear and let you guyz figure this 6-6 shit out later...:suds:

Uofa fans want to know where a good place to golf is? :suds:

And for us 12 win teams where we all going? Vegas lmao! :laugh3:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm still shocked at how Erickson did at ASU. The guy won and won big at OSU, WSU, and even managed to win at Idaho. I don't see how anyone can win in Corvallis and not at ASU.

He must of just been burnt out big time by the time he reached ASU

Takes a good QB to run a offense consistantly in the PAC, hell...coming from USC you oughtta KNOW that. ASU NEVER had one when E-man was there, that and at least a decent D too.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or because Graham is the most discipline coach in the Pac 12 and one of the tops in college football? Come on under Erickson we led the conference every year in penalties and penalty yards.
I'm not saying Graham is not a discipline coach and his team's commits dumb penalties not called but the ref's could be on the look out for one team committing penalties and not the other because they have discussed prior both team's tendencies.

Now if both Teams commit the same penalty, and it is officiated properly, then both teams are flagged or neither team is flagged.

However, since Graham has this reputation for being disciplined and Mora does not, then that same penalty may only go one way.

You wont see me complain about it (Unless it is totally egregious, like the hands to the face penalty that nullified that Dawg TD last week.) however we all can acknowledge whether the game is being called on it's true merit or if it's being called on the teams reputations.

That's what I'll be looking for.

The irony of it all, I'm will be doing to this PAC Ref group, the same thing we will all be on the look out for and that is entirely based on the reputation these PAC refs have earned for themselves. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.