• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol. wife just said she saw proto in DEC.

hasnt got the go but mirrored purple helmets. also a domer esque gold helmet. The gold flake looking kind.

New shades of purple and a deeper old school gold resembling the 70s/80s uni color combo is the most likely.

This is just my take on it. You probably won't see the old school stuff updated until 2015 but who knows.

Sounds like they are rebranding the entire image imo. Should be an improvement as they are going old school. This won't be an alt uni but a rebranding. Similar to Beavers but better. No news on logo. Sure that doesn't change.
Thanks for the update. All I know is Pease seemed to really like it so I'll reserve my judgement until I see it. I like the return to old school and it wouldn't surprise me if they did indeed pick that route. Petersen is trying to bring in some discipline and a rebranding in general would help put his stamp on that.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hated the mirrored/super shiny gold helmets personally.

If they're going to rebrand the image it makes sense to do so before the upcoming season with a new coach. New coach/new image.

As much as we make fun of the "nike fashion show" I actually believe it does the school more good than bad. It gives the team publicity and IMO I actually think a lot of the uniforms Oregon has rolled out are pretty cool and I actually really liked the all black UW unis.

The kids love to show off the different unis and brag about them on social media. Helps with recruiting. I understand it. Just really would just like to see us stick with purple and gold as the primaries for home, black alts, and purple and white for the road games.

This was the best pic I could find of the SixKiller era uni colors.

f107a45f6151d09d5c5764916f908102.jpg

It's a super dark purple. But I don't dig the mustard yellow/gold pants.

I really like the purple and gold unis. Always my fav.:

7625786.jpg

If they want to go darker with the purple and gold, I'm ok with that. Mustard yellow gold? Uggghhhh.... too throwback looking.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,000.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that I wasn't that fond of the yellow in the 70's and 80's. I liked it when they switched back to actual gold. To me a darker purple shirt and real gold pants with a gold helmet is always a great choice.

I can live with some of the combos, but don't put crazy things on the shoulders or do some weird trim down the seams like some we have seen in recent years.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been along time since I've been on here and was discussing Rypien the 2nd, but if he ends up at UW I got a house on the bet if you choose to take it. He'd be a Coug if Wulff were there which is the only Pac school he would attend outside USC. Texas is his top school from close sources but he is also leaning towards LSU and Auburn. If Saban brings his system into the 21st century then he ends up there.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The kids love to show off the different unis and brag about them on social media. Helps with recruiting. I understand it. Just really would just like to see us stick with purple and gold as the primaries for home, black alts, and purple and white for the road games.

This was the best pic I could find of the SixKiller era uni colors.

f107a45f6151d09d5c5764916f908102.jpg

It's a super dark purple. But I don't dig the mustard yellow/gold pants.

I really like the purple and gold unis. Always my fav.:

7625786.jpg

If they want to go darker with the purple and gold, I'm ok with that. Mustard yellow gold? Uggghhhh.... too throwback looking.

My favorite has to be the second one.

I think they need to do something about the away uniforms the most, the white is just so plain and boring. Maybe because of Sark and Willingham I just don't like the white ones because I associate them with losing :laugh3:. White is no more a UW color than black is, I don't know what the uniform rules are but I'd actually prefer them to wear the black uniforms on the road if that is possible. Anything but the white ones.

Thumbs up for the current home uniforms. Huge thumbs down for the away uniforms.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm as big of a Seahawk fan as it gets but to be quite honest I'm getting tired of the fact that I can't get away from football. I love it but for the past month it is all everyone has talked about and I'm just getting a bit tired of it.

I'm happy the Superbowl is tomorrow and I'm also happy the entire thing is almost over. I love football and love the Seahawks but I am tired of the fact that everywhere I look it is football.

I can't even imagine how non-football fans feel about this entire thing. I'm as big of a Seahawk fan as it gets and even I'm beginning to get nauseated by this entire process.

Man you better prepare yourself cause if they pull this off and win this, this state, hell the whole Northwest is gonna go ape shit, and there is gonna be a so much more football talk, it wont go away at all this year....

Ive prepared myself to hear AL Michaels famous quote, " do you believe in miracles"......

or this one

"Hey dad my Hawks have a title before your Eagles!" :L

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

hasnt got the go but mirrored purple helmets. also a domer esque gold helmet. The gold flake looking kind.

New shades of purple and a deeper old school gold resembling the 70s/80s uni color combo is the most likely.

This is just my take on it. You probably won't see the old school stuff updated until 2015 but who knows.

Sounds like they are rebranding the entire image imo. Should be an improvement as they are going old school. This won't be an alt uni but a rebranding. Similar to Beavers but better. No news on logo. Sure that doesn't change.

Interesting...... Im with Hawksfan, dump the whites and go with one of these....

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been along time since I've been on here and was discussing Rypien the 2nd, but if he ends up at UW I got a house on the bet if you choose to take it. He'd be a Coug if Wulff were there which is the only Pac school he would attend outside USC. Texas is his top school from close sources but he is also leaning towards LSU and Auburn. If Saban brings his system into the 21st century then he ends up there.

So there is no way Leach is gonna sign him?

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
minus the belly shirt this is the best of the putrid Fusky unis of all time.

228694.jpg

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In a Duck homers eyes I spose...:laugh3:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see the new UWUB look now...

Pearl white helmets, lavender jerseys and light lemon cream yellow pants...for the ladies of course!

Rumor has it BaBa Hedges is on the school uni design committee.

:suds::yahoo::laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawk fans.

I want to let you know I am happy for you all. In reality I actually can take enjoyment in other fanbases' team victories.

This is the crown jewel of sports. And you can now say. For the first time ever.

Seattle Seahawks. Super Bowl Champions.

I hope you all party your butts off and enjoy this day and the weeks to come to the fullest.

I hope some of you can make it to week 1 of 2014's season to watch that Championship Flag raise.

Congratulations guys. You must feel fantastic!

:suds:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawk fans.

I want to let you know I am happy for you all. In reality I actually can take enjoyment in other fanbases' team victories.

This is the crown jewel of sports. And you can now say. For the first time ever.

Seattle Seahawks. Super Bowl Champions.

I hope you all party your butts off and enjoy this day and the weeks to come to the fullest.

I hope some of you can make it to week 1 of 2014's season to watch that Championship Flag raise.

Congratulations guys. You must feel fantastic!

It feels weird to have the Super Bowl Champions in my back yard. It finally happened.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It feels weird to have the Super Bowl Champions in my back yard. It finally happened.

Can't imagine. My team is hundreds of miles away and hasn't won one since I was 8 years old. I do remember it though.

And ironically the MVP of that Super Bowl presented the Seahawks with a trophy.

Former AFC West rival the Oakland Raider and SC Trojan Marcus Allen.

I thought that was pretty neat. I remember that Seahawks vs Raiders game in the AFC Championship as well as I remember the Raiders vs Redskins SB.

WhiteMamba

Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Seattle SB has some silver lining on a personal note. I think I have mentioned this. Sure of it actually.

My Uncle whom I was very close to died suddenly at 52 one month from now to the day 3 years ago.

One of the last things he said to me was Seattle will win a SB within 5 years.

Unfortunately his passing came to soon to see it in person. I however am certain he is partying down in a better place today.

That first play I was thinking of him and Dad (his brother) and I were talking about him. Dad said c'mon Derek, help out your Hawks here. Then the Safety. No words were spoken, I looked at Dad and a smile was on his face as was mine.

We are going to set up a nice Seahawk tribute at his graveside this week. Several of his friends and family will be there.

Derek "Swede" Johnson. Your Seahawks are the Champions.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back from SB party.

Holy shit - Seahawks played great.

To all Seahawk fans Congrats.

Great City, great uniforms, great defense, Wilson is a great kid.

But -- I still hate you!!!! Cya next season.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congratulations Seahawks fans!

You guys had one hell of a season and just dominated the Broncos today!

Seahawks, Pete Carrol ~ Superbowl Champs!

Status
Not open for further replies.