• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom 4 is interesting.

I'd substitute out UNC and Stanford and put in Oklahoma State - program on the rise with top facilities/uniforms, etc. they are Oregon lite.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So true - one of the philosophy's results in 10 wins in a row.

You would rather allocate $100m of school's resources to a gym? That is pretty sad.

I feel like people forget sometimes that these are schools. A $100m gym is not going to bring the school an extra $100m in football revenue. You could have a gym that would bring just as many prospects that costs a quarter as much.

BeaverShaver

Blocked, Ignored, and Hated in equal parts (12)
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you say Husky fans are obsessed with Oregon?

Hey, I was being serious. I mean after listening to your base rant about how UW is a premier coaching destination, and has inherent advantages to recruiting, improved facilities, tradition, etc, how could they not make the list? Either someone is delusional or reality has not smacked them in the face yet. Or maybe both. :whistle:

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
interesting article about the 20 best recruiting jobs in CFB. Not the best recruiting classes, but rather which schools are the best to recruit to in terms of location, tradition, advantages, etc.

A few PAC schools made the list, but I don't see Washington. This has to be a mistake right? I mean, how can they not be on that list with their tradition, money, facilities, etc? I'm shocked!!

Top 20 recruiting jobs in college football

thread worthy

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would rather allocate $100m of school's resources to a gym? That is pretty sad.

I feel like people forget sometimes that these are schools. A $100m gym is not going to bring the school an extra $100m in football revenue. You could have a gym that would bring just as many prospects that costs a quarter as much.

Jelly.

I called the Jelly School and they are holding you a spot.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And you say Husky fans are obsessed with Oregon?

I was going to say the exact same thing. We have a couple of ducks on this board that make EVERY discussion about UW and whatever their perception of our program is. As I have pointed out it has gotten FAR worse since they blew their NCG hopes and then even lost their chance at the CCG and RB. They have nothing about their program to brag about so they are substituting more hate on UW to make up for it.

I say let them. They might be pathetic, but I'd much rather they have nothing better to talk about than us versus them talking about their plans to go to the NCG. I'm sure you would too.

:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Easy answer. GO BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS!!!

There was nothing wrong the with PAC10. I loved playing every team, every year. Kick Colorado and Utah back out, who needs them.

12 teams is important these days because it's the minimum to be able to have a football championship game. I'm glad we now can crown a PAC champion each year. These things will matter when it comes to the new playoff system and competing against the other confs. All the benefits of having a 12 team conference included the billions in revenue the PAC will be reaping from the broadcast deals.

I also like that we ended up at 12 which is a perfect size. I was against a 16 team mega conf with the Okla and 2 Texas schools joining. UT would of set in motion an eventual destruction of this conference with all their money and power grabs.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The bottom 4 is interesting.

I'd substitute out UNC and Stanford and put in Oklahoma State - program on the rise with top facilities/uniforms, etc. they are Oregon lite.

Stanford has its own advantages and disadvantages in recruiting.

Advantages: Beautiful campus and location, great academics, recent winning tradition.
Disadvantages: Along with great academics come really tough classes and admission standards, the worst school spirit in the PAC-12, not much of a party school and the ugliest girls in the PAC-12.

I went to Stanford for law school so having spent 4 years on campus (Spent an extra year to get a joint JD/MBA) I know it pretty well. I had a great time and it is an amazing campus but school spirit does not compare to other schools in the PAC. It is to be expected among people who have the grades/test scores to get in.

TheLonestarDUCK

Sleep is only for the tired
Hoopla Cash
$ 36,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I hope they build another $100M facility to beat your ass 10 more years :rollseyes:

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to say the exact same thing. We have a couple of ducks on this board that make EVERY discussion about UW and whatever their perception of our program is. As I have pointed out it has gotten FAR worse since they blew their NCG hopes and then even lost their chance at the CCG and RB. They have nothing about their program to brag about so they are substituting more hate on UW to make up for it.

I say let them. They might be pathetic, but I'd much rather they have nothing better to talk about than us versus them talking about their plans to go to the NCG. I'm sure you would too.

:suds:

That's it....just give in and let it happen.....it will hurt less that way......

I have slowly watched Husky fan become so docile over the last decade, it is comical, yet kinda sad. Not much fight left in that dawg....

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I was being serious. I mean after listening to your base rant about how UW is a premier coaching destination, and has inherent advantages to recruiting, improved facilities, tradition, etc, how could they not make the list? Either someone is delusional or reality has not smacked them in the face yet. Or maybe both. :whistle:

Dude you mention UW in almost every post I've seen you make.

Chris Petersen turned down countless other offers and decided to go to UW. That must say something.

BeaverShaver

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude you mention UW in almost every post I've seen you make.

Chris Petersen turned down countless other offers and decided to go to UW. That must say something.

UW
UW
UW
UW
UW
UW
UW
UW
UW
UW

That should cover the other posts where I didn't mention UW

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they build another $100M facility to beat your ass 10 more years :rollseyes:

You guys could have built a great facility for $25m. If you put the extra $75m in scholarships you could pay for a year's tuition for 6,250 students (Assuming tuition is $12k a year)

Or you could pay for 1,562 kids to get their 4 year degree without having to pay a dime to tuition.

If you ask me a nice football facility for $25m and paying for 1,562 kids to get their degree debt free makes a hell of a lot more difference in the world than spending $100m on a fucking gym.

It is nothing more than extravagance to the point of ridiculousness.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's it....just give in and let it happen.....it will hurt less that way......

I have slowly watched Husky fan become so docile over the last decade, it is comical, yet kinda sad. Not much fight left in that dawg....

So how did you get that out of what I said? :scratch:

I guess I didn't use enough short words for you? :noidea:

You can keep trying to hide your fear, but you know the tides are changing. That's why you all just can't let it go. It's your desperate attempts to cover up that feeling in the pit of your stomach when you found out we picked up the top coaching candidate outside of an AQ conference. Now that you have no major bowl to talk about and you are afraid, this is all you have to talk about. We get it and we understand. We can talk about our program moving forward and all you have is the past 10 years and now the freaking alamo bowl. :laugh3: I'm sure if we were in your shoes we would be as disappointed and attempt to take that out on others as you are. Well maybe not. We aren't quite that pathetic.

But please do hold onto that 10 years. In the not too distant future all you will have is a couple of fiesta bowls and a 10 year streak against your rivals to talk to your kids about.

Let me ask you this though, do you ever talk about a football related topic that doesn't show your fear of UW? I mean can you actually discuss something without bringing us up? I'm serious here. You and Mamba are just about as obsessive as OcD these days.

If you guys do decide to talk about something let me know. This seemingly endless UW obsession is kind of boring.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean do you really want to be the school that obviously cares much more about football than the fact that it is still a school? The Seahawks headquarters/training facility/offices cost $60m to build and it is considered the nicest in the NFL. It also includes a hell of a lot more than the $100m gym the Ducks built.

It is like making urinals made of gold. I would be ashamed if I knew my school was blowing that much money on football.

It is one thing spending money on the football program if you think that it will bring more money to the school, but how do you justify building a $100m gym? How many other ridiculous football buildings does Oregon have? I mean for Christ sake you guys have a building dedicated to tutoring athletes, it is ridiculous.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be ashamed if UW was spending this much money on "Student tutoring buildings" and "Football facilities"

No I'm not jelly. I'm just ashamed that this is what America's academic institutions have come to. I'm as big a football fan as anyone, I just think that this is too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.