• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The PAC12 THREAD v.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellys a "mid tier" Pac12 QB, best on the run..Can't "pocket pass worth a shit", getz happy feet. IF ya wanna debate THAT well just jump right on in! Waters warm!
:fish2:

He's a game manager. Smart qb, he's probably in the top 5 just overall. He runs the option better than any ther qb and he takes care of the ball. How can you not like the kid? He's just not a qb that can bring you back from large defictits. I wanna see how much his pocket skills improve this off season.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kellys a "mid tier" Pac12 QB, best on the run..Can't "pocket pass worth a shit", getz happy feet. IF ya wanna debate THAT well just jump right on in! Waters warm!

I'd like to see them open up the QB competition next year. I think Kelly still gives ASU the best chance to win but he could use the added motivation to work on some things over the spring. He really needs to work on stepping up in the pocket and not being so quick to roll out if the first read isn't there.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pocket is inconsistent better than last year. He's a system qb he couldn't run Mazzones system to much arm strength required but I would rather have him than the int qbs in this conference his off shoulder ball is also deadly. Smart qb gets the job done!:yahoo:

Last edited by a moderator:

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'd like to see them open up the QB competition next year. I think Kelly still gives ASU the best chance to win but he could use the added motivation to work on some things over the spring. He really needs to work on stepping up in the pocket and not being so quick to roll out if the first read isn't there.

His arm strength, pocket skills, and touch on deep ball improve tremendously. I wanna see him develop an even stronger arm, and improve his pocket skills.

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a game manager. Smart qb, he's probably in the top 5 just overall. He runs the option better than any ther qb and he takes care of the ball. How can you not like the kid? He's just not a qb that can bring you back from large defictits. I wanna see how much his pocket skills improve this off season.

Kelly takes care of the ball better than the other 2 and grasped the offense much quicker. Berc and Eubank have bigger upsides but starting either one would be too big of a risk.

JahiiCarson_SqodGeneral

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kelly takes care of the ball better than the other 2 and grasped the offense much quicker. Berc and Eubank have bigger upsides but starting either one would be too big of a risk.

Eubank is transferring............. Berc holds the ball to long. Kelly would be a great qb if he had a legit running game. He can improve so much this off season. Just improving in the pocket makes him a much better qb. Eubank is transferring though good riddance.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

VN "UNQUALIFIED' spin re-direct!

asu_08

HIGH OCTANE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eubank is transferring............. Berc holds the ball to long. Kelly would be a great qb if he had a legit running game. He can improve so much this off season. Just improving in the pocket makes him a much better qb. Eubank is transferring though good riddance.

He's been saying for a while he's not but I wouldn't be surprised if he did. He worked with the TEs a little this year and I think with some work in the offseason he'd make a really good one but if he's set on playing QB he won't get that here and will most likely go play at a mid major.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1 werd...AGREED!
:suds:

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He turned the rwak over to me Beavers on several occcasions...:whistle:

of such, should have been turned into pointz. BUT were not...

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw will not leave anytime in the next couple of years. He is home, he is happy, and he loves molding future world changers. I doubt his style would work quite as well on older players in the pro's.

For those who have not watched it, here is his TEDx speech.

Not Neutral

Cross Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaw will not leave anytime in the next couple of years. He is home, he is happy, and he loves molding future world changers. I doubt his style would work quite as well on older players in the pro's.

For those who have not watched it, here is his TEDx speech.

He is home. He is happy. And coaching a team that most at the school could care less about. He won't always be a winner at Stanford as Petersen found out at Boise and bailed before his stock dropped any further. "Molding future world changers". That's just what football coaches do for sure. The student body may be a cut above but the football team? Not so much.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is home. He is happy. And coaching a team that most at the school could care less about. He won't always be a winner at Stanford as Petersen found out at Boise and bailed before his stock dropped any further. "Molding future world changers". That's just what football coaches do for sure. The student body may be a cut above but the football team? Not so much.

Really? You sure on that? How many computer programming majors (Skov), or engineering majors (12 players) you got on that ASU squad? I am so sick of people claiming the entrance requirements for athletes are fudged at LSJU. Many of the players that stay 5 years co-term (get a BS and MS in five years). Are all of them geniuses? No, not all Stanford students are. Hell I got in. But they have to get in. Sanders took the SAT 4 times to get the scores he needed to be admitted.

No one expects Shaw to be a winner all the time, the fan base would be happy if he could maintain 7-5 to 11-1 for the next 10 years. Hell the team, even under Pop Warner, never had 4 consecutive 10 win seasons until now.

Say what you want, I know David fairly well, and have since we were freshmen. He is happy there, he has been in the pro's and likes the college game better. As he said when he got his extension last year, he wants to be there until his kids graduate (his youngest is 3).

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? You sure on that? How many computer programming majors (Skov), or engineering majors (12 players) you got on that ASU squad? I am so sick of people claiming the entrance requirements for athletes are fudged at LSJU. Many of the players that stay 5 years co-term (get a BS and MS in five years). Are all of them geniuses? No, not all Stanford students are. Hell I got in. But they have to get in. Sanders took the SAT 4 times to get the scores he needed to be admitted.

No one expects Shaw to be a winner all the time, the fan base would be happy if he could maintain 7-5 to 11-1 for the next 10 years. Hell the team, even under Pop Warner, never had 4 consecutive 10 win seasons until now.

Say what you want, I know David fairly well, and have since we were freshmen. He is happy there, he has been in the pro's and likes the college game better. As he said when he got his extension last year, he wants to be there until his kids graduate (his youngest is 3).

They gotta have some kind of excuse to make themselves feel better when they get their asses kicked by nerds!!:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While the NFL money is always attractive, I don't see Shaw leaving Stanford anytime soon. Even if most of the alums don't get into the athletics passionately, Stanford had found a system that works for them and it's working like a well tuned machine.

The way they absolutely manhandled the Ducks this year and made their players cry like little girls on national tv was one of the most impressive displays of smash mouth physical football you'll see out of the PAC.

The PAC as a conf is just balling right now with the best collection of coaches of any. Maybe he will jump to the NFL and his stock is really high right now, but he can wait out for the right job to come along.

Status
Not open for further replies.