• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the record was set against Miami where I begrudgingly went to because my brothers friend has season tickets and he made a deal that if he went he would give me a free ticket to the Apple Cup. I don't know, maybe not but that game was every bit as loud as the last Seahawks game in the Kingdome I went to that I thought my ears were going to bleed when Cortez was announced.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm so confused with what's going on, so are Husky fans just a bunch of tree huggers, sipping coffee and not yelling at the right time or are they good fans now cause they set a decibel record?

But by all means, please show more pictures of Husky Stadium, cause you're a "real fan" if you go to a game to look at the view. Christ, are you a fan or tourist.
First of all, I'm sure you can find hipsters everywhere these days. I weep for the young in general.

As I said, the fans around where I sit are the same fans that were there in the 90's. You don't get tickets in that area without having been there for a very long time. And we were all there during the last 15 years or so of decline.

As for the view, you can bet we see it and it is part of the game day experience. Especially those early season sunny days. You haven't ever been to a football game until you have 'sailgated' and been taken ashore by the rowing team. When you are out there hopping from boat to boat with chicks in bikinis and food/booze going in every direction you get a whole different experience. It really can't be beat at any stadium.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The decibel record was set at Husky Stadium when the infield track was still there. That right there should tell ya something. This was before the tech industry and Californians took over Seattle.

Notice how far away the seats are from the football field? Yet the record was set before the renovation.

husky-stadium.jpg
No shit... it's still plenty loud.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fvkhead, I was going to Washington games when Jim Owens was the HC for Washington.

Hmm, Owen's huh. Generally when people retire they go down south not north unless you're telling me you were a season ticket holders at 5.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, Owen's huh. Generally when people retire they go down south not north unless you're telling me you were a season ticket holders at 5.
Don't think so hard that you crack your head. We used to take the boats over to the games ... my grandpa, dad, uncles, cousins, older brother, etc... I was in 1st grade when I saw my first game there. This was when that stadium seated just over 50,000.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey fvkhead, I was going to Washington games when Jim Owens was the HC for Washington.
You were born before younger fans AND you root for your rival at appropriate times? How is anyone supposed to compete with that level of fandom...

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the record was set against Miami where I begrudgingly went to because my brothers friend has season tickets and he made a deal that if he went he would give me a free ticket to the Apple Cup. I don't know, maybe not but that game was every bit as loud as the last Seahawks game in the Kingdome I went to that I thought my ears were going to bleed when Cortez was announced.
Nope, it was an ESPN game against Nebraska in '92
The 7 Loudest College Football Stadiums, Ranked

And while I doubt the Stanford game was that loud, it really took me back to that era in the overall feel and sound impact. I was partially deaf for hours after that game.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I miss having Seattle in the AFC west. Steve Largent was a lot of fun to watch. The former record holder may not have received the same attention or hardware Rice got. But he was one of the greatest receivers to play the game.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I miss having Seattle in the AFC west. Steve Largent was a lot of fun to watch. The former record holder may not have received the same attention or hardware Rice got. But he was one of the greatest receivers to play the game.
Seattle vs Oakland games were the best imo.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope, it was an ESPN game against Nebraska in '92
The 7 Loudest College Football Stadiums, Ranked

And while I doubt the Stanford game was that loud, it really took me back to that era in the overall feel and sound impact. I was partially deaf for hours after that game.

Like I said, I didn't know but that Miami game was loud as hell. I can't remember the RB's name that ran down the sidelines but it was the original Beast quake.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And for what it's worth, that record measurement was not measured on the field of play. There is ZERO doubt it is louder for the teams now with the track gone, than it was before even if the needle isn't quite as high on the sideline. I believe that ESPN measurement was on the track over near the stands, but my memory could be off on that.

All I know is it felt like home for that Stanford game and it hasn't felt like that in 15 years.

Winning fixes all kinds of problems.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of fond memories on both sides. Largest used to light the Raiders up. That Bo Jackson game will always be one of my favorites
Brian Bosworth .... he was an ass but he was smart in some ways. He used to get shirts printed up that said stuff like 'I hate the Boz' and had them sold at venues like Denver, Oakland, etc.... he made a killing.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Like I said, I didn't know but that Miami game was loud as hell. I can't remember the RB's name that ran down the sidelines but it was the original Beast quake.
We were known for defense in the Don James era. The fans were ferocious while we were on D and the loudest reactions were typically on sacks and turnovers more than what the offense was doing, but yes it was loud as fuck for both.

That USC game is going to be off the chains if we come in undefeated. It's going to rival the 'all I saw was purple' game back when Marinovich was their QB.

And
I
Can't
Fucking
Wait

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, I'm sure you can find hipsters everywhere these days. I weep for the young in general.

As I said, the fans around where I sit are the same fans that were there in the 90's. You don't get tickets in that area without having been there for a very long time. And we were all there during the last 15 years or so of decline.

As for the view, you can bet we see it and it is part of the game day experience. Especially those early season sunny days. You haven't ever been to a football game until you have 'sailgated' and been taken ashore by the rowing team. When you are out there hopping from boat to boat with chicks in bikinis and food/booze going in every direction you get a whole different experience. It really can't be beat at any stadium.

Yeah when I think of Washington and Seattle I think of chicks in bikinis.lol. the stadium looks nice but you guys are going overboard on this whole the best experience thing. It's nice , thats about it. it's a stadium. Some of us live where boats and chicks in bikinis is called Monday having lunch. Some of us have seen games at Notre Dame Stadium. I went to Jerry world and it was a beautiful stadium, but its about the game. I don't feel I missed out because I didnt see a boat or girls in bikinis at ND stadium or Jerry world.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah when I think of Washington and Seattle I think of chicks in bikinis.lol. the stadium looks nice but you guys are going overboard on this whole the best experience thing. It's nice , thats about it. it's a stadium. Some of us live where boats and chicks in bikinis is called Monday having lunch. Some of us have seen games at Notre Dame Stadium. I went to Jerry world and it was a beautiful stadium, but its about the game. I don't feel I missed out because I didnt see a boat or girls in bikinis at ND stadium or Jerry world.
All over the map here I see. In otherwords, another jim post.

I said that's a unique experience. You haven't come in and partied on a boat right outside a stadium and gone into a game with that setting... well unless you've done it here. It is unique. Don't care how viable or interested in it you are, it's still a really cool thing everyone should do at least once. The UW rowing crew comes out to get you and takes you in with a very short walk to your seats.

Those in the upper deck have that backdrop with a view of the boats and the water and many seats can see the mountain in the background. I never fail to pay attention to it and I've been going there since the 70's. It never gets old.

Pretty easy to say it's nothing much if you aren't used to having something like that. I know many who have visited here for games that came away with a real appreciation for it.

And more importantly, it's fucking impressive as hell to recruits. That's really what makes it special. After the reno they now have a lounge at the top of the back of the end zone just for people on visits with the most spectacular view of a college game they have ever seen.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck sail gating. Sitting outside in an RV drinking and grilling is every bit the experience of seeing some gay ass lake and bridge. If care about a view I can go out my back door and see Rainier staring me in the face.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hitting the bars via boat is a blast. Bars in Washington open up at 6am and there's plenty of them on Lake Washington and Lake Union to hit before the game. You can pull your boat right up to their dock or dingy if you have one.

scenic-map.jpg