• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck sail gating. Sitting outside in an RV drinking and grilling is every bit the experience of seeing some gay ass lake and bridge. If care about a view I can go out my back door and see Rainier staring me in the face.
Well of course you're going to say that. I've seen high school stadiums more impressive than the one your students go to. You know, the one named after a UW grad. :lol:

Seriously, a coug has no business trying to make light of ANY other schools stadium or game day experience.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well of course you're going to say that. I've seen high school stadiums more impressive than the one your students go to. You know, the one named after a UW grad. :lol:

Seriously, a coug has no business trying to make light of ANY other schools stadium or game day experience.

Horse shit we can't, I don't go to a game to see water. I like the game experience and went .01% of your fans enjoy sail gating it doesn't matter to me.

And rich that you make fun of us for having Clarence Martin as the name of our stadium yet when you knuckle heads refused to come up with money to remodel your dump a Coug had to step in for his team to rent it out and non Husky alums in the state voting based on a lie. Coug alums allowed public funds because they were given the idea that we'd be able to have funding for a medical program which we will obviously we are not getting until a political revolution happens.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stopped at remodel of our 'dump'. Laughed my ass off and I'm off to lunch.

lil bros always with the fabricated rage.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell people all the time, the Puget Sound would be the best place on earth to live if it wasn't for all the people. I moved 8 years ago, and shake my head every time I come back to visit. I would like to eventually move back there, but I don't know if I can do it. The people and traffic are nuts.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tell people all the time, the Puget Sound would be the best place on earth to live if it wasn't for all the people. I moved 8 years ago, and shake my head every time I come back to visit. I would like to eventually move back there, but I don't know if I can do it. The people and traffic are nuts.
This ^^

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brian Bosworth .... he was an ass but he was smart in some ways. He used to get shirts printed up that said stuff like 'I hate the Boz' and had them sold at venues like Denver, Oakland, etc.... he made a killing.
There was an interview where Bo and Biz discussed that play. It may have been a 30 for 30. I will say Boz had a sense of humor when talking about it.

I've never heard about the shirts. But that is pretty creative and intelligent

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was an interview where Bo and Biz discussed that play. It may have been a 30 for 30. I will say Boz had a sense of humor when talking about it.

I've never heard about the shirts. But that is pretty creative and intelligent

You have to watch the 30 for 30 on the Boz. It was the best one they have done besides the Kirkland little league they did. Screw the U.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to watch the 30 for 30 on the Boz. It was the best one they have done besides the Kirkland little league they did. Screw the U.
That was one of my favorite 30 for 30s. The SMU 30 for 30 was also very good.The USC 30 for 30 was awful.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was one of my favorite 30 for 30s. The SMU 30 for 30 was also very good.The USC 30 for 30 was awful.

I liked the SMU one but I hate Skip Bayless and his voice annoyed me. The SC one could've been great but A. They didn't have Reggie B. Had that producer dude making it like a movie. We get it, you have an amazing film school but what the front door does that have to do with the story of the Trojans. Everything else was awesome, but I think just poorly done. Same as the one with the one about the USFL where Trump was their Reggie but walked out on the interview leaving it anti climatic.

TheRobotDevil

Immortal
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked the SMU one but I hate Skip Bayless and his voice annoyed me. The SC one could've been great but A. They didn't have Reggie B. Had that producer dude making it like a movie. We get it, you have an amazing film school but what the front door does that have to do with the story of the Trojans. Everything else was awesome, but I think just poorly done. Same as the one with the one about the USFL where Trump was their Reggie but walked out on the interview leaving it anti climatic.
I agree. When they showed the previews. They gave the impression they were going to cover the violations. Which they barely touched on. The Hollywood angle and episode as a whole was awful. It was almost like a replay of the old ESPNUSC hype. I didn't care for them. And Skip Bayless is extremely annoying. A Notre Dame 30 for 30 narrated by Lou Holtz may be interesting IMO.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All over the map here I see. In otherwords, another jim post.

I said that's a unique experience. You haven't come in and partied on a boat right outside a stadium and gone into a game with that setting... well unless you've done it here. It is unique. Don't care how viable or interested in it you are, it's still a really cool thing everyone should do at least once. The UW rowing crew comes out to get you and takes you in with a very short walk to your seats.

Those in the upper deck have that backdrop with a view of the boats and the water and many seats can see the mountain in the background. I never fail to pay attention to it and I've been going there since the 70's. It never gets old.

Pretty easy to say it's nothing much if you aren't used to having something like that. I know many who have visited here for games that came away with a real appreciation for it.

And more importantly, it's fucking impressive as hell to recruits. That's really what makes it special. After the reno they now have a lounge at the top of the back of the end zone just for people on visits with the most spectacular view of a college game they have ever seen.
Another typical Wiz reply. Butt hurt because people arent impressed by that stadium (its freakin bleachers with an industrial roof for Christd sake). You know what impresses recruits? Winning or the prospect of winning. You sound like Oregon fan "hey look at our stadium and facilities. Arent they pretty?" .See how your recruiting goes and see how Oregons goes this year. Its gonna have squat to do with the view you have. The view they have is on the field and whis winning and whos loseing.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. When they showed the previews. They gave the impression they were going to cover the violations. Which they barely touched on. The Hollywood angle and episode as a whole was awful. It was almost like a replay of the old ESPNUSC hype. I didn't care for them. And Skip Bayless is extremely annoying. A Notre Dame 30 for 30 narrated by Lou Holtz may be interesting IMO.

Ya, a little different though. Lou Holtz led ND the last time they were relevant more than one year. Skip Bayless tried convincing us he took down the whole SMU program by himself even though they showed several Dallas reporters covering it then showing the run down of ESPN talent that was working for the papers. I was barely talking when that went down but he made it seem like he took down the program just as the U made it seem like they shut down the Boz but the Boz dominated that Orange Bowl against Miami, it was the rest of Oklahoma that sucked balls. I don't like revisionist history I guess.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another typical Wiz reply. Butt hurt because people arent impressed by that stadium (its freakin bleachers with an industrial roof for Christd sake). You know what impresses recruits? Winning or the prospect of winning. You sound like Oregon fan "hey look at our stadium and facilities. Arent they pretty?" .See how your recruiting goes and see how Oregons goes this year. Its gonna have squat to do with the view you have. The view they have is on the field and whis winning and whos loseing.
Ah, you must be new to football recruiting. I'll see if I can find you a guide somewhere.

UW was still fielding fairly solid classes the last 3 years despite so-so play on the field and the coaches have said the remodel and improvements to the facilities had a lot to do with it. If you really believe winning is the only thing these kids care about you haven't been paying ANY attention at all.

Nowhere in what I said before, nor above here, did I say that's all they care about. It is one of many factors in a race where every little thing counts. There are big name coaches from big name schools all going over the same big time kids. Some stay because of the vibe they get from the coaches or trips to the campus, others the history or how that school has done developing kids in their position on the roster such as lineman at Stanford or teams known for their defense etc. A lot more goes into this shit than you appear to have knowledge of.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah, you must be new to football recruiting. I'll see if I can find you a guide somewhere.

UW was still fielding fairly solid classes the last 3 years despite so-so play on the field and the coaches have said the remodel and improvements to the facilities had a lot to do with it. If you really believe winning is the only thing these kids care about you haven't been paying ANY attention at all.

Nowhere in what I said before, nor above here, did I say that's all they care about. It is one of many factors in a race where every little thing counts. There are big name coaches from big name schools all going over the same big time kids. Some stay because of the vibe they get from the coaches or trips to the campus, others the history or how that school has done developing kids in their position on the roster such as lineman at Stanford or teams known for their defense etc. A lot more goes into this shit than you appear to have knowledge of.
Theres not a single thing you can teach me about recruiting.Youve had Sark then Peterson. One got the buzz going the other a proven coach. Youre near a big city where theres stuff to do. And now youre winning. Thats why you will do better recruiting. Its great you dont play in a dump but your practice facilities are more of a deciding factor than the ability of well to do alums being able to have a tailgate on a boat. 99 percent of the recruits families are saving money just to attend the games let alone party on a boat.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres not a single thing you can teach me about recruiting.Youve had Sark then Peterson. One got the buzz going the other a proven coach. Youre near a big city where theres stuff to do. And now youre winning. Thats why you will do better recruiting. Its great you dont play in a dump but your practice facilities are more of a deciding factor than the ability of well to do alums being able to have a tailgate on a boat. 99 percent of the recruits families are saving money just to attend the games let alone party on a boat.
Right, so when faced with facts that challenge what you said you change the narrative. Surprise surprise surprise.

Where did I say that sailgating leads to more recruits? I didn't. It was clearly in response to the comments I made about the recruit lounge at the top of the stadium where they get to see the view of the stadium. That's not one single word about sailgating. But that's not going to stop you is it? :L

If you really don't think the new facilities have any impact on recruiting then you are entirely ignorant about how that process works. That's the bottom line here. Oregon used x-boxes in their lockers and outrageous decor to land those kids on the fence. They are far more into the extras and eye candy that you appear to understand. That lounge in UW's stadium is decked out.

Retake Montlake Day 28 - GoHuskies.com | University of Washington Athletics
Not the best pictures of the view or the experience, but I didn't care to dig deeper. They get a fantastic view of the game and scenery from a comfortable lounge.

But please do carry on yet another protracted fit over such a minor topic. We really need another 5 page pissing match over something trivial. I mean so you aren't impressed with the stadium. You have stated as much, why not move on? This is kind of dumb.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
127ae8cde3.jpg