• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all over the map, we just don't agree at this juncture of the season.

Let's face it, 'since they opened the season' (I'll take that as, since they went 1-3 only beating Utah State) the Trojans have rolled 2 PAC teams with a combined Conference record of 2-6. Of the other team they beat since, I'm just not sold on the Buffs just yet, and that was only a 4 point win at the Coliseum.

I just need to see more to really state that they've 'turned it around' even from their woeful start of 1-3, but especially as the reigning South Champs. And by the way, most would agree that the year to year status is the actual measure of a team 'turning it around', not some arbitrary line in the sand that truly can be view as a line that is placed all over the map.
You're just not watching or just don't like USC if you dont think they are playing much better now. They almost beat Utah and since then beat the Az schools with ease. And beating Az worse than Washington did. Colorado only hung around because of SC fumbles at the goal line. I was at That game . At no time did anyone think USC was going to lose. It was how much would they win by. If they were to play Utah again the Trojans would be favored.Thats called turning it around.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they were to play Utah again the Trojans would be favored.Thats called turning it around.
It is?

Because the Bruins are favored this weekend by more than a TD vs Utah even though the Bruins have lost 3 of their last 4 and their starting QB is at best hopeful for tomorrows game. :L

By the way, I'm not saying they haven't, I'm just saying it's still too early to say they have because of the way the schedule has played out.

Now with Darnold, they can roll bad teams no doubt, but can they beat a good one?

We will find out when they travel next.

If they are not at least competitive @ Washington, the answer is no.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A whole two years in a row? Let me know whens the parade. Oh and only one article? Surely you can find more.
This is only Petersen's 3rd season at Washington yet he's had the #1 defense in the conference two years running now. Pete Carroll did have a part in it. I'll show ya. :)

How Pete Carroll's rugby-style tackle is changing college football
How Pete Carroll's rugby-style tackle is changing college football

The philosophy that transformed Washington's defense
The philosophy that transformed Washington's defense

How the Washington Huskies’ defense stunned the Pac-12: ‘I can’t believe we’re doing this’ | The Seattle Times
How the Washington Huskies’ defense stunned the Pac-12

aa67aa84d3.jpg

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 seconds fame > the worst season in conference history.
LOL!!!!

No one on planet earth is going to believe you for a second that you wouldn't give anything to trade programs with us. That's the most unbelievable thing you have ever said. I sure hope you at least had the excuse that you were drunk when you wrote it. :laugh:

I mean WSU literally went 50 straight years without a bowl game at one point. Talk about futility. And in just my football viewing lifetime there is zero comparison. None.

Keep trying lil fella. You are shooting with blanks, but somehow I doubt that's ever going to stop you from trying.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong Washington school. The Huskies have never lost to an FCS team. Washington St. on the other hand lost to Portland St. last year and Eastern Washington this year.

Hmm, pretty sure if was Washington that lost the Apple Cup to the worst win loss percentage coach in conference history to make their program 0-12.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL!!!!

No one on planet earth is going to believe you for a second that you wouldn't give anything to trade programs with us. That's the most unbelievable thing you have ever said. I sure hope you at least had the excuse that you were drunk when you wrote it. :laugh:

I mean WSU literally went 50 straight years without a bowl game at one point. Talk about futility. And in just my football viewing lifetime there is zero comparison. None.

Keep trying lil fella. You are shooting with blanks, but somehow I doubt that's ever going to stop you from trying.

Well went how long without playing a home Apple Cup game too? Wouldn't trade programs at all, I'd rather enjoy victories instead of dwelling on a rich history of amazing football that has resulted in exactly one 1/2 championship more than us lowly Cougs.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmm, pretty sure if was Washington that lost the Apple Cup to the worst win loss percentage coach in conference history to make their program 0-12.
Washington only started playing FCS schools a few years ago ... during Sarks time.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weakest answer ever.

No one will buy that bullshit. And deep down you know it too. You have nothing over any other program outside of maybe Oregon state.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Worth noting he is on campus for his reunion tomorrow.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In only at Stanford news, tonight's motivational speaker at the team hotel? Former LSJU player and current NJ senator, Cory Booker.

Have to hand it to Stanford. Most teams have some ex jock doing a motivational speech .. not Stanford though. Ex jock and a State senator ftw.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weakest answer ever.

No one will buy that bullshit. And deep down you know it too. You have nothing over any other program outside of maybe Oregon state.

Not bad for a community college that the big bad school on the west side has tried their hardest to keep from becoming world renowned university eh? We get a solid A for effort.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington has never lost to an FCS team yet Washington State has lost to two FCS teams in the last two years including this year. Deal with that.

Well lost to two top 5 FCS teams, we never lost to the worst FBS coach in history.