• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully USC is decent enough when they go play Washington.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if he's registered on this board tbh. He might be .. I hope he is anyways. He was a solid poster.

got the lowdown from him and a few other 'rado posters. stanford is likely in for a long day. buff's featuring balanced attack with a good passer and speed deep threat receiver, back who put up 200+ on asu. db's are playing well with one likely to play on sundays, aggressive and nasty nose tackle.... all the things we'd like to avoid. maybe we could get in another game against n.d.?

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are some teams turning it around like USC
I don't know, who has USC beat besides who they should have?

They are the South reigning champs and they lost to Stanford and Utah, right?

Sure they've crushed a few teams of late like ASU & Arizona, but they always seem to have those type of games every year. When they roll, they roll.

I'll agree that they are a team 'turning it around' when they win at least a couple of games or so on the road. They are in fact, 1-3 on the road this year.

As the reigning South Champs, that doesn't sound like a team 'turning it around'.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, who has USC beat besides who they shouldn't have?

Sure they've crushed a few teams of late like ASU & Arizona, but they always seem to have those type of games every year. When they roll, they roll.

I'll agree that they are a team 'turning it around' when they win at least a couple of games or so on the road. They are in fact, 1-3 on the road this year.

As the reigning South Champs, that doesn't sound like a team 'turning it around'.
Agree, screw those guys.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, who has USC beat besides who they shouldn't have?

So you are all over the map there. They have been 'turning it around' from where they were to open the season. It doesn't have to mean a reference to last year or any other time frame. And if you do not agree, so be it. Neuheisel was on the radio this morning and called them the second most dangerous team in the conference right now. Not exactly a USC homer now is he?

Since changing QB they look like a different team. I'll stand by my statement accordingly.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And when was your team last relevant? Right, that was before your head coach bailed on your shit stain of a school. Bama fans still owe him for being kind enough to blow school money on hookers and blow so their bad decision to hire him cleared the way for Saban.

But do try to talk about UW's history when you are a fan of a school who's history is measured in booze level, not trophies. Always good for a laugh.

When was your last Rose Bowl appearances? Oh ya, before ours.

Don't be jelly our school is known for alcohol consumption as opposed to murderers. UW=momma's boys. WSU=real men.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When was your last Rose Bowl appearances? Oh ya, before ours.

Don't be jelly our school is known for alcohol consumption as opposed to murderers. UW=momma's boys. WSU=real men.
:lol: 3 rose bowl losses in the last 100 years with zero wins and you want to talk history. :laugh:

Ok, I'm game. When was your last RB win?

How many total bowls has that school had in it's entire history? Hint: it's just one game more than UW has in all time RB wins.

We can play this all day if you like. It's really not hard to list every achievement in WSU history. I can pencil it on the back of a postage stamp and have plenty of room left over.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are all over the map there. They have been 'turning it around' from where they were to open the season. It doesn't have to mean a reference to last year or any other time frame. And if you do not agree, so be it. Neuheisel was on the radio this morning and called them the second most dangerous team in the conference right now. Not exactly a USC homer now is he?

Since changing QB they look like a different team. I'll stand by my statement accordingly.
I'm not all over the map, we just don't agree at this juncture of the season.

Let's face it, 'since they opened the season' (I'll take that as, since they went 1-3 only beating Utah State) the Trojans have rolled 2 PAC teams with a combined Conference record of 2-6. Of the other team they beat since, I'm just not sold on the Buffs just yet, and that was only a 4 point win at the Coliseum.

I just need to see more to really state that they've 'turned it around' even from their woeful start of 1-3, but especially as the reigning South Champs. And by the way, most would agree that the year to year status is the actual measure of a team 'turning it around', not some arbitrary line in the sand that truly can be view as a line that is placed all over the map.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not all over the map, we just don't agree at this juncture of the season.

Let's face it, 'since they opened the season' (I'll take that as, since they went 1-3 only beating Utah State) the Trojans have rolled 2 PAC teams with a combined Conference record of 2-6. Of the other team they beat since, I'm just not sold on the Buffs just yet, and that was only a 4 point win at the Coliseum.

I just need to see more to really state that they've 'turned it around' even from their woeful start of 1-3, but especially as the reigning South Champs. And by the way, most would agree that the year to year status is the actual measure of a team 'turning it around', not some arbitrary line in the sand that truly can be view as a line that is placed all over the map.
No, you can turn it around at any time. The seahawks have started off poorly many seasons and 'turned it around' where they were playing great football at the end of the season.

You hold onto whatever makes you happy. I'll still say they have been turning it around from where they were to open the season and stand firmly by that.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: 3 rose bowl losses in the last 100 years with zero wins and you want to talk history. :laugh:

Ok, I'm game. When was your last RB win?

How many total bowls has that school had in it's entire history? Hint: it's just one game more than UW has in all time RB wins.

We can play this all day if you like. It's really not hard to list every achievement in WSU history. I can pencil it on the back of a postage stamp and have plenty of room left over.

Don't change the point of my statement. Husky fans really need to meet in a pub somewhere with Army and Navy servicemen and talk about the glory years of football since that's all you can bring up.

We may have the list of achievements some schools have but even our "shitty" resume has never reached the embarrassing depths UW has. 0-12 and the only major basketball conference winner to not make the NCAA tournament.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't change the point of my statement. Husky fans really need to meet in a pub somewhere with Army and Navy servicemen and talk about the glory years of football since that's all you can bring up.

We may have the list of achievements some schools have but even our "shitty" resume has never reached the embarrassing depths UW has. 0-12 and the only major basketball conference winner to not make the NCAA tournament.
How is it changing the subject when you brought up history? :L And relevancy at that. :lol: Of course you no longer want to talk about it because the 5 seconds your team was in the spotlight in the last 100 years ended in losses. I don't blame you for running away from that history.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 seconds fame > the worst season in conference history.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you can turn it around at any time. The seahawks have started off poorly many seasons and 'turned it around' where they were playing great football at the end of the season.

You hold onto whatever makes you happy. I'll still say they have been turning it around from where they were to open the season and stand firmly by that.
And I'll still say if anyone is all over the map, it's gotta be the guy stating a turnaround can be at anywhere at anytime during the season.

I guess I'm just a big picture guy.

The point I'm trying to make is those 3 early losses were all to quality teams, @ Alabama, VS a healthy Stanford, and @ Utah who always plays well at home (Undefeated this year).

Then they roll those two PAC teams who have a combined 2-6 PAC record and squeak past a suspect Buffs team in the Coliseum.

If you can't see how their schedule may have impacted their 'turnaround' as you put it, then that's on you.

Again, they may have, but they have two more road games this year, and if they don't get at least a split in those two, (Washington & UCLA) they will go at best 2-4 on the road this year.

I don't know about you but it would be hard for me to say any team turned anything around at any point in time with a road record like that, and imagine if they lose them both.... 1-5! :eek: Yeah, that's a turnaround!

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know, who has USC beat besides who they should have?

SC does look a site better with Darnold at QB. They lost to Bama with Browne back there and the loss at Utah was Darnold's first game and he managed to make it a close one.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is just excited since the last time UW was relevant news network hadn't been created yet, so articles are the end all be all even UW has yet to face one decent team.
52104728847035242549.png

AR-151209877.jpg

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC does look a site better with Darnold at QB. They lost to Bama with Browne back there and the loss at Utah was Darnold's first game and he managed to make it a close one.
They do, but against quality competition, they squeak out the win vs the Buff in LA. Darnold had a mixed bag vs them Buffs, lots of yards, a couple of TD's and 3 turnovers.

I'm just still on the fence. Darnold poses a huge threat with the QB runs, and can sling it, but I'm predicting another multiple TO game for Darnold on his next roadie.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I mean, we can bring up this year if you want... currently undefeated and #5, included in every too early playoff prediction, didn't lose to FCS, etc...