• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Long Duk Dong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're just not watching or just don't like USC if you dont think they are playing much better now. They almost beat Utah and since then beat the Az schools with ease. And beating Az worse than Washington did. Colorado only hung around because of SC fumbles at the goal line. I was at That game . At no time did anyone think USC was going to lose. It was how much would they win by. If they were to play Utah again the Trojans would be favored.Thats called turning it around.
What's the general feeling about Helton now among the Trojan fan base? A few weeks ago he was the butt of jokes and everyone was calling for his head, but they look like they're starting to head in the right direction.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the general feeling about Helton now among the Trojan fan base? A few weeks ago he was the butt of jokes and everyone was calling for his head, but they look like they're starting to head in the right direction.

Personally, I've been fine with him the whole time. He is trying to completely change the way the team plays from a pass happy, finesse type team back to the more physical, run oriented teams we've had when at our best. It's the same thing Pete Carroll had to do when he started his run.

I think most of that noise has been coming from outside of USC. Most of the Trojans I know weren't expecting immediate results. In general, most of us aren't sure if Helton is "the guy" or not, but we're glad to have an adult in charge of the program again.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Most like Helton. A lot of people wanted someone with more experience but are willing to see how he does now that he's in. Right now everyone's happy we have an adult running the program. Most are cautiously optimistic and just waiting to see how the team or if the team improves like it has the previous weeks.
Personally I like him he seems to know whats expected. He sounds like it's not an ego thing with him and he's willing to change things to get back to winning games instead of creating stars.
I've seen threads about coaching hot seats and coaches who could be replaced at the end of the season and a lot of outsiders have USC on that list but here in LA theres little to no talk about replacing him this year.

SUBuddha

Stanford Nerd
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 84,965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Aw we all have that one fan that pisses the masses off....
Well until recently I was the only one here with regular posts. Fuck that means I am "that guy". :doh:

Long Duk Dong

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Personally, I've been fine with him the whole time. He is trying to completely change the way the team plays from a pass happy, finesse type team back to the more physical, run oriented teams we've had when at our best. It's the same thing Pete Carroll had to do when he started his run.

I think most of that noise has been coming from outside of USC. Most of the Trojans I know weren't expecting immediate results. In general, most of us aren't sure if Helton is "the guy" or not, but we're glad to have an adult in charge of the program again.
So, "happy to have an adult in charge" seems to be the common theme. I guess that makes sense after Kiffen and Sark.

mrwallace2ku

Treehugger
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1985 Oregon State vs. Washington football game
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Second Biggest Overcome Point Spread in College Football History
Conference game
Oregon State Beavers Washington Huskies
(2–4) (4–2)
21 20
Head coach:
Dave Kragthorpe Head coach:
Don James
2 3 4 Total
Oregon State
7 7 0 7 21
Washington 10 0 7 3 20
Date October 19
Season 1985
Stadium Husky Stadium
Location Seattle, Washington
Favorite Washington by 38
National anthem University of Washington Husky Marching Band
Halftime show University of Washington Husky Marching Band
Attendance 58,771

The 1985 Oregon State vs. Washington football game was a college football game between the Oregon State Beavers and Washington Huskies that took place on October 19, 1985. The game featured the largest overcome point spread in college football history at the time when the Huskies, after being favored by 38 points, lost 21–20 after the Beavers blocked a punt and recovered the ball in the end zone with 1:29 left to play in the game. It is considered one of the greatest upsets in college football history.[1][2][3]

On October 6, 2007, Stanford achieved the highest point spread upset in college football history when the 41 point underdog Cardinal upset No. 2 USC 24–23. Oregon State, Stanford, USC, and Washington are all members of the Pac-12 Conference, thus the two biggest point spread upsets have come in Pac-12 games.

Contents
[1Background

Background[edit]
During the middle 1980s the University of Washington Huskies were a powerhouse of American collegiate football, finishing the 1984 season ranked number 2 nationally.[4] After a bit of a rough start, the Seattle team was on a roll again in 1985, feeling strong as a result of the four-game win streak that had returned the Huskies to the top of the Pac-10 standings.[1]

The GIANTKILLERZtm! have returned to the scene of the crime almost to the date!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure it's possible for a Stanford fan to be "that guy."

I was going to say, even the most obnoxious Stanford fan seems rather chill as opposed to a Berkeley guys who are condescending assholes.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We own that series whiz...low blow on a day like today. Respect your given opponet or else...21-20 by the Lake!
I'm thinking UW takes it today by a score of 42 - 17.

ba1b47407c.jpg

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Checking in. not hiding not dead. had bowling league last night during first half game ended so late just went to bed. now at work for a quick minute then home til the page me again. see ya soon.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Team board my ass. I've seen some of the stupid sh1t posted in this thread so you can spare me the bs.
AG, I think you are mistaking content for volume, it's the volume that makes them team board worthy.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AG, I think you are mistaking content for volume, it's the volume that makes them team board worthy.
Such a simple concept, but apparently so hard...

Actually, it'd be cool if you didn't spam our team board with repetitive links too.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like someone is a bit salty about being 3-4. :heh:
Although those posts have nothing to do with being 3-4, a lot of us Bruins fans are salty about it! :lol:

I've heard some rumblings about Mora's seat!

Although I'm not on that bus because it what I expected.

I've stated all along that this would be a down year.