• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kind of ironic a Stanford guy ripping on a UCLA guy for targeting when your dude that got booted had one of the worst cheapshots to a QB's head I've seen in awhile.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
21-20 by the Lake...Beaverz.
That time Oregon State stunned league-leading Washington
That time Oregon State stunned league-leading Washington
Washington, favored by 36½ points Saturday, was a 37-point favorite in 1985 against lowly Oregon State and ended up losing 21-20.

5af7cf72-9656-11e6-8ef1-01d6dc8fcc97-780x509.jpg

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Until CK comes back and ends this mistake :heh:
I could see him going back to Eugene and Helfrich going back to OC. Oregon still needs to get a real DC though. Maybe Justin Wilcox ... but they need a real DC.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see him going back to Eugene and Helfrich going back to OC. Oregon still needs to get a read DC though. Maybe Justin Wilcox ... but they need a real DC.

If CK comes back to Eugene (which is still a big if IMO), I see him making Azz DC.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yaah think? lol

Believe me, there's a chance it happens. It's just not the slam dunk that some Duck fans think it is. It's also not the long shot some other PAC fans are hoping it is.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Believe me, there's a chance it happens. It's just not the slam dunk that some Duck fans think it is. It's also not the long shot some other PAC fans are hoping it is.

People have seen the show. He didn't win it all when he was here and now defenses more suited for that type of offense more than ever, especially if you're not doing it with Alabama or TOSU type talent.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have seen the show. He didn't win it all when he was here and now defenses more suited for that type of offense more than ever, especially if you're not doing it with Alabama or TOSU type talent.

CK's biggest attribute is the credibility he brings to the recruiting trail. CK recruited better than Helf while he was at Oregon and now he has NFL experience (which is appealing to recruits even if he wasn't particularly successful in the NFL). And if I'm being honest, I don't think the PAC is any stronger right now than it was when CK was at Oregon.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CK's biggest attribute is the credibility he brings to the recruiting trail. CK recruited better than Helf while he was at Oregon and now he has NFL experience (which is appealing to recruits even if he wasn't particularly successful in the NFL). And if I'm being honest, I don't think the PAC is any stronger right now than it was when CK was at Oregon.

You don't fall on your face in your last couple jobs and come back with NFL credibility. If he were to come back it's look what I did when I was here last. Maybe, I saw what other NFL teams like. But he's got less cred than before he left Oregon not more. Pete came to USC with very little even though his previous job was in the NFL. Harbaugh got his niners to the super bowl at least.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't fall on your face in your last couple jobs and come back with NFL credibility. If he were to come back it's looks what i did when I was here last. Maybe I saw what other NFL teams like. But he's got less cred than before he left Oregon not more. Pete came to USC with very little even though his previous job was in the NFL. Harbaugh got his niners to the super bowl at least.
The name Nick Saban ring any bells? Not all college coaches are cut out to be NFL coaches and not all NFL coaches are cut out to be college coaches.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't fall on your face in your last couple jobs and come back with NFL credibility. If he were to come back it's looks what i did when I was here last. Maybe I saw what other NFL teams like. But he's got less cred than before he left Oregon not more. Pete came to USC with very little even though his previous job was in the NFL. Harbaugh got his niners to the super bowl at least.

CK got the Eagles to the playoffs. That's more than Petrino or Saban did in the NFL. It's not about being super successful in the NFL, it's about knowing how the league works.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could see the PAC becoming a four horse race between Stanford, Oregon, and the two Washington schools if CK ends up back at Oregon.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is down now because Helfrich isn't as good of a HC, but really it's because they have missed on every single QB they had in the pipeline all the way up to Herbert right now who at least has some promise. And terrible defense. You can't really have both.

There is no HC that would have won 11 games this year with that defense and those QB's.

Kelly returning would improve things quite a bit, but this notion that some duck fans believe it's right back to the playoffs next season if he walks in that door seems rather far fetched. It won't be an overnight recovery.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oregon is down now because Helfrich isn't as good of a HC, but really it's because they have missed on every single QB they had in the pipeline all the way up to Herbert right now who at least has some promise. And terrible defense. You can't really have both.

There is no HC that would have won 11 games this year with that defense and those QB's.

Kelly returning would improve things quite a bit, but this notion that some duck fans believe it's right back to the playoffs next season if he walks in that door seems rather far fetched. It won't be an overnight recovery.

I agree it's not an overnight recovery. However, I think Herbert will be a good QB in the future for the Ducks and the Ducks should a good offense moving forward. The key is recruiting, particularly on the defensive side. As much as people want to blame Hoke, the talent isn't there. The inside LBs are remarkably bad and the D-Line is, at best, mediocre. I know some people who want to troll Oregon will say "Oregon's defense was always this bad" but anyone who knows college football knows that not true. When Oregon was at it's best (2010 and 2012), they had very good players on defense. Plenty of guys who are now playing in the NFL. That's just not the case right now.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree it's not an overnight recovery. However, I think Herbert will be a good QB in the future for the Ducks and the Ducks should a good offense moving forward. The key is recruiting, particularly on the defensive side. As much as people want to blame Hoke, the talent isn't there. The inside LBs are remarkably bad and the D-Line is, at best, mediocre. I know some people who want to troll Oregon will say "Oregon's defense was always this bad" but anyone who knows college football knows that not true. When Oregon was at it's best (2010 and 2012), they had very good players on defense. Plenty of guys who are now playing in the NFL. That's just not the case right now.
Talent or not, fact remains Hoke was never cut out to be a DC. He hasn't been a DC in three decades. Chip would have never ever hired Hoke imo. If CK comes back I think he can right the ship within a few years. I can see him cleaning house on the defensive side of things while hitting the recruiting trail.

Duckboy33

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,984.76
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talent or not, fact remains Hoke was never cut out to be a DC. He hasn't been a DC in three decades. Chip would have never ever hired Hoke imo. If CK comes back I think he can right the ship within a few years. I can see him cleaning house on the defensive side of things while hitting the recruiting trail.

I agree. I think he could make the team a 8 or 9 win team pretty much immediately and it would be up to his recruiting on the defensive side to see if he could elevate the program to where it was while he was at Oregon between 2009-2012.