• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

THE PAC 12 THREAD v.5

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sorry i do not agree. goodman came in, lowered his head, and went helmet to helmet. he didn't lower it the extra few inches to be 'leading with the crown' but the result was the same. a violent helmet to helmet hit. there was no attempt at a tackle, there was no attempt at striping the ball. you only do that to separate the target's head from his body, and it worked. he's played enough football to know that going in like can and will cause injury. so it's not a penalty - i see no other intent other than tackle by knockout.
You are using the same logic as the Stanford poster I quoted from the other social media and that's the problem.

You see we do agree about tackling, that is not how you tackle, but he wasn't going for the tackle, he had his teammate there to tackle him. He was going for the incomplete by knocking 'the ball' loose.

You can see in the picture I posted, he targeted the receivers chest with his shoulder, where the receiver was trying to catch the ball, and he was trying to knock the ball loose. And that's what happened, he knocked the ball loose and the pass was incomplete. I agree, it was a hard hit that broke up the play, and I'm sorry the receiver was injured on the play, but this isn't a sport for the faint of heart.
an so did i, hence 'personally'.
Well stanford the manford, when you make a post like this one.....
well... it's great you are proud of your team's play. goodman's got his timing down perfectly to impart maximum injury within the rules, well done. personally glad owusu's concussion wasn't worse.

looking forward to next year's match-up.
.......there is a sarcastic tone to it, considering you previously posted you believed the Bruins were getting away with illegal hits, and then followed that up with 'how proud I must be of my team's play', my accusations were not a reach by any stretch of the imagination.

not at all and sorry if it came off that way
Look, as a poster I don't know you very well, so I'll take your word regarding my vengeance take and apologize myself for the accusation on the basis of your apology.

then you'd be wrong, cute emoticons and all
It wouldn't be the first time, STM, it's was just hard to believe that you didn't mean it like that, but since you've cleared it up with a measure of sincerity, I have no problem taking your word regarding your intent. By the way, the cute little emoticons are a sign that there is a little frivolity involved.

posted on many boards in the past and never had any issue with other posters.
And I really don't see this as an issue. You are right, on point we simply disagree to the intent. I think your opinion sucks :lol: because your take makes my team look like a bunch of thugs without a heart, when I totally disagree on intent, but you're entitled to your opinion, and so am I. That's not an issue, that's simply a difference of opinions.

i plan to stay and post. i also plan to state my opinion, thanks for your well wishes...
As you should, but you see there it is again, that tone. I never prior wished you well, so your sarcasm just steps all over your sincerity, but I'll let it slide and actually wish you well from here out.

:thumb:
But for criminy sakes manfurd, learn to use the quote function! :gaah:

Last edited:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington: 42 | Oregon State: 17

831b008f35.jpg
Looks like AG will be your Huckleberry @mrwallace2ku

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am interested in discussing the PAC standings.
If, and I know that is a huge 'if' at this point and time, but if the Bruins can win out, they will put a loss on 3 of the PAC leaders in the South and hold a Conference Record of 6-3 and a Division Record of 4-1. This puts them ahead of USC, and in decent positions with Utah & Colorado by only needing 1 more loss

The only team that presents a problem for the Bruins is ASU. The Bruins will need more than a single game of help as ASU would have to lose 2 times in the following scenario.

So to break it down, UCLA can still win the South by winning out AND...

Utah loses at least 1 more to either Washington, @ ASU, Oregon, or @ CU.
AND
CU loses at least 1 more to either @Stanford, @Ariz, Wash St, or Utah.
AND
ASU loses at least a total of 2 more to Wash St, @Oregon, Utah, @Washington, or @ Ariz.

TBT, getting those losses with the remaining schedules doesn't seem that unrealistic. The toughest part of this scenario is the win out part but at least if still feels like they have a legit shot if they take care of their own business.

UCLA's remaining schedule: Utah, @ CU, Ore St, USC, @ CAL.

Best part with this scenario to date is, I can root for USC to lose every single game!

*In bold are the possible losses.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best part with this scenario to date is, I can root for USC to lose every single game!
Be careful, you aren't allowed to always root against your rivals up here. Rustles too many jimmies.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Be careful, you aren't allowed to always root against your rivals up here. Rustles too many jimmies.
After reading Vitamikes post on here I doubt he's stupid enough to pull against his rival even if it means hurting his team. That sh1t is for dumb fvks and Vitamike's post look anything but dumb.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After reading Vitamikes post on here I doubt he's stupid enough to pull against his rival even if it means hurting his team. That sh1t is for dumb fvks and Vitamike's post look anything but dumb.
Well so far your short stay here hasn't really impressed much. Not sure you have a lot of credibility in the intelligence department, but maybe it's just been an off week for you.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt at this point and time @stanford the manford could rep this post of yours AG. :dhd:

Besides we all have our moments, I mean........ I was stupid enough to bring the 'rooting' topic back into play, when it looked we had done our best with that horse. :deadhorse:

Wiz is a fine poster and a good guy. He is strong in his convictions and has always stated he doesn't give a rip how other PAC teams do.

I can't find fault with those consistencies or characteristics, whether or not the line up with mine or not. :nod:

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If, and I know that is a huge 'if' at this point and time, but if the Bruins can win out, they will put a loss on 3 of the PAC leaders in the South and hold a Conference Record of 6-3 and a Division Record of 4-1. This puts them ahead of USC, and in decent positions with Utah & Colorado by only needing 1 more loss

The only team that presents a problem for the Bruins is ASU. The Bruins will need more than a single game of help as ASU would have to lose 2 times in the following scenario.

AND
AND
ASU loses at least a total of 2 more to Wash St, @Oregon, Utah, @Washington, or @ Ariz.

TBT, getting those losses with the remaining schedules doesn't seem that unrealistic. The toughest part of this scenario is the win out part but at least if still feels like they have a legit shot if they take care of their own business.

Hasn't UCLA been having issues lately? Not the team poised to run off that many wins in a row IMO.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hasn't UCLA been having issues lately? Not the team poised to run off that many wins in a row IMO.
Yes Jim, and I pointed that out, but it's not an inconceivable prospect.

In their losses, the Bruins have been in every game this year. So they have been at the very least competitive enough. I mean nobody is rolling the Bruins even with all their troubles, so that in itself lends to a well founded hope.

And then, the schedule doesn't look overwhelming either.

Utah has been sputtering on offense, and the Bruins get them in the RB. Colorado is still building, I could see them easily lose 3 of their 5 remaining games, so that road game doesn't look too scary. It's been a down year for Oregon State and the Bruins get them in the RB. The SC game is always a crap shoot, but at least it is in the RB and Mora has a decent record vs your Trojans, and then Cal on the road, which could be the hiccup if they actually get that far.

So let me ask you since it seems everyone is on the USC bandwagon to win the South. Is SC poised to run off that many wins? I mean it may take that to win the South since SC already has those two conference losses.

I mean Cal can sneak up on anybody, just ask Texas and Utah. Oregon is looking to save their season who better than a rolling USC to make a statement? Washington is well, Washington this year and you'll play them on the road, and then you have the rivalry game, which I've already commented on.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahalos.
My younger brother and friends go to UH games. I'm going to try to join them if a game is happening while there for sure. Lots of work to do but Rolovich has them playing better ball this year.
Yeah hard to be worse than they were though. middle of MWC is a good start for him though. hopefully they stay competitive.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

AND
AND

still too early for scenarios like this so much can still happen. I do these kinds of things and there is always something wrong with the math.
most likely its in your North vs south wins and losses.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still too early for scenarios like this so much can still happen. I do these kinds of things and there is always something wrong with the math.
actually it looks solid well done.

socaljim242

Phantom Marine
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes Jim, and I pointed that out, but it's not an inconceivable prospect.

In their losses, the Bruins have been in every game this year. So they have been at the very least competitive enough. I mean nobody is rolling the Bruins even with all their troubles, so that in itself lends to a well founded hope.

And then, the schedule doesn't look overwhelming either.

Utah has been sputtering on offense, and the Bruins get them in the RB. Colorado is still building, I could see them easily lose 3 of their 5 remaining games, so that road game doesn't look too scary. It's been a down year for Oregon State and the Bruins get them in the RB. The SC game is always a crap shoot, but at least it is in the RB and Mora has a decent record vs your Trojans, and then Cal on the road, which could be the hiccup if they actually get that far.

So let me ask you since it seems everyone is on the USC bandwagon to win the South. Is SC poised to run off that many wins? I mean it may take that to win the South since SC already has those two conference losses.

I mean Cal can sneak up on anybody, just ask Texas and Utah. Oregon is looking to save their season who better than a rolling USC to make a statement? Washington is well, Washington this year and you'll play them on the road, and then you have the rivalry game, which I've already commented on.

USC is playing better than anyone in the south right now but the losses to Stanford and to Utah makes it harder for them to win the division. Nothing USC is doing now tells me they would lose to Oregon the way the Ducks have been playing. Is it impossible? Of course not but the Ducks are getting worse while USC has been getting better and more confidant. I just got USC UCLA tickets this morning from some UCLA fans who probably wouldn't sell them if they thought UCLA would win. I have a feeling you're going to see a lot of Trojan fans at the Rose Bowl . USC does play Washington and thats where I think USCs chance of winning the south get flushed. While I think it's gonna be a closer game than some think ,I think the Huskys should be favored for a reason. If Utah loses a couple then it gets interesting. Lots of scenarios.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I kind of agree with the too early take, but for one I was answering Clark's question, and for two it could be the last week that UCLA has a realistic scenario in front of them. :lol:

As for the math, it's right because that scenario doesn't go that deep. It's all based on head 2 head.

Post edit: I missed this follow up post of yours...

actually it looks solid well done.

Thanks brah!

Last edited: